Keith merrow working with schecter

• Thread starter Dawn of the Shred
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Zado

Reaction score
looks like a fine guitar indeed:agreed:

Another thing I'm expecting from schecter is a signature for Chris Poland.That's what the guy deserves:metal:
Also,it'd be brilliant to see the new USA strats/superstrats models played by some 80es hard rock guitar hero.I mean,every single brand has/had one...Charvel/Demartini,Jackson/Rhoads(which used many gibsons as well),ESP/Lynch,Fender/Malmsteen,Ibanez/Vai,Gibson/many,Washburn/Nuno,Dean/Batio...Schecter...err.....Robin Zander?:ugh: cheap trick are a great band,but defy not a guitar hero..

yeah,I know the brand went bankrupt back in the day,but there's always time to repair:lol:

Noisy Humbucker

Only obsesses over guitars when not playing them.
Reaction score
I can't give out too much info, because it's in the "prototype" phase. But, some features of the proto include: Hipshot fixed bridge, direct-mount passive pickups (Duncan), single volume knob (no tone), compound radius FB, reversed headstock, etc..

Maybe I'm OCD but I've been waiting for more 4+3 headstocks (which I'd imagine a reversed would be). Y'know, having all of the wound strings on one side and the plain on the other (assuming one's top three trebles are plain).

That said, thought I wanted an Ibby and then hear about this puppy. Here's to hoping it's announced by NAMM '14!

Noisy Humbucker

Only obsesses over guitars when not playing them.
Reaction score
Have you guys seen some of the guitars he's played, I mean have you? The way I see it he's probably taking his favorite features (including finish) from some of his favorite (and expensive) guitars and condensing them into something well rounded and affordable.

So stoked that someone like Keith is getting to spec an affordable 7, I hope they give him exactly what he wants and that we all get to reap the rewards.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Sounds like it'll be based on his S7, just with a Hipshot. Hopefully it has the same finish. I dig the grey.

HDR-KM-Studio-mid1.jpg

DIOBOLIC5150

Reaction score
Have you guys seen some of the guitars he's played, I mean have you? The way I see it he's probably taking his favorite features (including finish) from some of his favorite (and expensive) guitars and condensing them into something well rounded and affordable.

So stoked that someone like Keith is getting to spec an affordable 7, I hope they give him exactly what he wants and that we all get to reap the rewards.

^ This is exactly what I'm trying to do!

Also, not to throw anyone under the bus, but the last thing I want is for this guitar to resemble anything like those S7 guitars I had. Those were the worst guitars I've ever played, and they fell apart within a couple months. That was a very short lived adventure for me.

This Schecter proto will have a neck and bridge humbucker (Sentient/Nazgul).

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Yeah, I apologize for that. I could have sworn you said "single pickup" in the specs. I have the reading comprehension of a mole rat. :wallbash:

I would love a guitar like the S7... Just without all the ....iness. :lol:

Zado

Reaction score

mmmmmmh

:hmmm:

Sounds fine to me:lol:

User Name

Banned
Reaction score
i sure as hell hope its not a lame grey/black/white. i want to see some good color! and a good top on that bitch!

i do agree, no matter what color it is it should have a matte finish.

satin makes everything look wayy better

schecter-hellraiser-c-1-fr-extreme-m-3tssb-09.JPG

12042476-body-l.jpg

i mean really.... check that shit out

JustMac

ss not-so-regular
Reaction score
Sounds rockin...just please give it a neat-o finish, I never understand why a lot of dudes with endorsements just get a black, standard-as-fudge guitar with their name on the headstock when they can have what they like. I got faith in the Merrow though :hbang:

Skullet

Reaction score
I just hope its a reversed 7 inline headstock and not a reversed 3+4 headstock seen on the garza models :)

TheBloodstained

Casual music enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm hoping for a 7-string Schecter Hellraiser-ish Sunset model with satin finish :)

415se380.jpg

I've always been in love with the Hellraiser Sunset, but it's impossible to find one i DK sadly :(

')