Keith merrow working with schecter

• Thread starter Dawn of the Shred
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Curt

Where we're going we don't need neck pickups.
Reaction score
I have been enjoying my schecter a lot lately, Mention of the SLS profile is right up my alley. I am super stoked to see how it turns out.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Zado

Reaction score
I've always been in love with the Hellraiser Sunset, but it's impossible to find one i DK sadly
sunset series always looked GREAT.

Luckily there's a tommy victor signature that really reminds the sunset model
tommyvictorprongsignatureguitarbanner.jpeg

jvms

Reaction score
Is there any chance it'll be 25,5 scale? I see you have played Kahlers before. Is that a possibility? What necks will you have? The SLS series neck?

The Reverend

GHETTO KING OF SWAG
Reaction score
Damn, the specs on this are making it look pretty tasty. This is something I can imagine a lot of people getting into. SLS neck, Hipshot, and awesome pickups right out of the gate? Who wouldn't want that?

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not really buying any more 7 strings, but if he does do something colorful (i.e. not black/gray/white) I might be down. I know he's got some color in some of his guitars, so it might be possible.

Keith, have you guys talked about color for the production model?

Tone_Boss

Reaction score
Any idea when these will hit the stores ? Was just about to pull the trigger on a Hellraiser but this seems much more to my liking.

Noisy Humbucker

Only obsesses over guitars when not playing them.
Reaction score
If we're lucky I'd guess it'll be debuted at NAMM and might hit around this time next year. If you don't need a 7 right this very instant, it sounds like it may be worth waiting for.

Señor Voorhees

Reaction score
The proto is USA, I believe. But I'm not far enough into this to know specific details about production. I told them I wanted it to be an "affordable" guitar, so we'll see.

Keith Merrow + Affordable = I'm buying one. Been a fan long enough to know that I can't pass up owning something like this.

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
Any idea when these will hit the stores ? Was just about to pull the trigger on a Hellraiser but this seems much more to my liking.

It takes quite a while to get something like this from the drawing board into peoples hands so a year + from now I'd say.

Señor Voorhees;3656009 said:
Keith Merrow + Affordable = I'm buying one. Been a fan long enough to know that I can't pass up owning something like this.

Just wondering what people what class as affordable. If these are USA models then they will be around $2k +

JaeSwift

Of Blood and Sawdust
Reaction score
It takes quite a while to get something like this from the drawing board into peoples hands so a year + from now I'd say.

Just wondering what people what class as affordable. If these are USA models then they will be around $2k +

Schecter would want to get these guitars out to as many people as possible so I don't foresee it costing more than a Loomis or Garza sig. The whole move is to raise Schecter's popularity so it'd be very silly to limit it to a market where only people with a lot of cash can afford the guitar; kinda outside Merrow's target group.

Negav

Reaction score
I'd like to see Schecter lay off the yellow-staining their maple necks for all their guitars that have a maple neck... seriously it looks disgusting and suuuuuuuuuper cheap.

TIBrent

Drop Z regular
Reaction score
I'd like to see Schecter lay off the yellow-staining their maple necks for all their guitars that have a maple neck... seriously it looks disgusting and suuuuuuuuuper cheap.
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, THIS +1 !!!!!! :yesway:

tacotiklah

I am Denko (´・ω・`)
Reaction score
Not to be a pedantic person here, but why am I seeing 7 pages of "Keith, make the specs of YOUR signature guitar the way *I* want them", or "Keith, you sold out to Schecter! OH NOES"?

1.) Keith has busted his ass to get where he is at, hence why he gets to pick the details of this signature guitar. Don't like the specs he picks? Bust your ass like Keith did and get your own signature deal with Schecter. :lol:

2.) Can we please stop with the guitar hipster-isms? Ffs, just let the man be happy with what success he has gotten. He is WAY further in his music career than most people on here because he didn't spend all his time bitching on a forum about the comings and goings of other forumers, and used that time to work on making a music career for himself. If anyone here thinks they can do it better, put up or shut up. :)

Keith, congrats man. You earned it. Also, tell Jeff that his signature guitar is amazing, and it's now my main axe. :yesway:

Danukenator

Kane's Bane
Reaction score
1.) Keith has busted his ass to get where he is at, hence why he gets to pick the details of this signature guitar. Don't like the specs he picks? Bust your ass like Keith did and get your own signature deal with Schecter. :lol:

While spec bitching can get old, it IS a model from a company that is for sale. Keith can have it anyway he wants it but we, the people that will buy it, don't have to like it. If it was just a custom one-off, sure, complaining would be silly. However, this is a guitar that will be purchased by us (and others of course) and that gives us the right to critique it. And if we don't like it, we just won't buy it. I fail to see the issue with voicing our preferences over a guitar.

That said, I personally like how this one is shaping up. The SLS series guitars have really changed my impression of Schecter. The Floyd-8 Hellraiser was an amazingly well made instrument. Dominated most other guitars in that price range.

tacotiklah

I am Denko (´・ω・`)
Reaction score
^Fair enough, but I'm reading "Keith, make it THIS way!"

I'm sorry, but telling someone what to do with their own signature guitar is just childish imho. :shrug:
I know if I ever got a signature guitar, it's going to have the features on it that I like. Thankfully I put practicality above everything else, so I'm sure if I ever made it that other people would like it too, but the interests of other people are not my number one priority when it's supposed to be signature guitar made to the specifications that I decide. If that were the case, then why bother having a signature guitar to begin with? Why not just roll out some random production model where the specs were voted on by fans of the company, and cut out the middleman?

Or we can just stop bickering like children and be happy for Keith and celebrate his success here. I like that option. :agreed:

')