Keith merrow working with schecter

• Thread starter Dawn of the Shred
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Hey guys, just wanted to say thanks for the kind words, input, and even the somewhat intense scrutiny of my career. I feel very fortunate, yet proud of what I've accomplished.

GIVE US DARTH VADER GIVE US DARTH VADER GIVE US DARTH VADER GIVE US DARTH VADER...(inhale)...GIVE US DARTHVADERGIVEUSDARTHVADERGIVEUSDARTHVADERAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH:scream::scream::scream::scream:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

xCaptainx

Dr Djodson
Reaction score
Well I dont really know how to feel about this. Right at a point when schecter signing with BVB had me contemplating the most humane way to dispose of my hellraiser they start working with a real musician. Damn last minute stay of executions.

Carvin endorse the guitarist from The Backstreet Boys, I'm guessing you're going to sell that one too? :rolleyes: What a weird and childish attitude to have about a company/product. It goes against your signature completely as well haha.

bhakan

Reaction score
I think endorsing Keith/Ola/etc. makes perfect sense. They post lots of really helpful videos that a lot of people use to get ideas of how different pickups, amps, etc. compare, and they do it using lots of cool high end gear. If you see a guy playing a bunch of super high quality gear, and then see him using -insert less known brand here- guitar, it lends credibility to it because it suggests that the guitar lives up to the other high end stuff he is playing.

They may not be known for being in a famous band, but while not every person who is interested in a band is a musician or is even aware of what gear they use, every single person watching Keith is very aware of what gear he is using, so the marketing is more efficient.

Electric Wizard

it's my first day
Reaction score
Keith, tell Schecter to make more PT or 007 shaped 7's, I beg of you.

Excited for what comes of it regardless though. Your collection suggests that aesthetics will be tasteful.

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Hey guys, just wanted to say thanks for the kind words, input, and even the somewhat intense scrutiny of my career. I feel very fortunate, yet proud of what I've accomplished.

Congratulations, Keith. :yesway:

Curt

Where we're going we don't need neck pickups.
Reaction score
He's working with Schecter USA on this? Excitement level >9000!

Zado

Reaction score
A 7 string schecter with a hipshot/hipshot style bridge would be really cool, especially if it's on a banshee. one can dream. :agreed:
well they are doing a 8 stringed version..7 strings on the way I guess
1001003_676461289037352_454855993_n.jpg

Or,maybe,this is the merrow guitar itself,who knows:agreed:

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
They've said multiple times on their Facebook page that 7-string Hipshots are coming next year, I believe.

simonXsludge

(((Ω)))
Reaction score
Keith disappointed me. His Facebook rants about religion were off putting in my opinion. I understand how it will make money for the company but to me it does play against the stereotype of the common metal musician. That's just from my point of view though.
Because being against religion is really going against common stereotypes of Metal, right?! What happened to Metal, did I miss something?

:lol:

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
shitsøn;3621115 said:
Because being against religion is really going against common stereotypes of Metal, right?! What happened to Metal, did I miss something?

:lol:

Sounds like someone trying grasping at the straws to hate on someone else to me.

flexkill

Vodka & PentaTonic
Reaction score
I love when folks start spouting off at the keyboard about someone....then said person shows up!!!! :lol:

It's all like......

television_paranoia.gif

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
I hope Merrow is helping Schecter like he helped SD, gearing them more towards modern metal specs. Schecter's main problems have been chunky fat glossy necks and old-school hardware (TOM bridges and all-mahogany construction and stuff). They have also tended to be on the cheesy side, which they have already announced they are moving away from. If we can get more comfy necks, more modern construction with non-angled necks and hardtail bridges, satin neck finishes, lighter and brighter woods, etc. then Schecter is a SERIOUS competitor in the current market. They make killer guitars spec-wise, and they look and sound great (aside from gaudy and cheesy features), so there's no reason why they wouldn't be able to make KILLER axes!

flexkill

Vodka & PentaTonic
Reaction score
(TOM bridges and all-mahogany construction and stuff).

Nothing wrong with Mahogany or TOM bridges in my eyes. All that cheesy abalone crap needs to go though.....and if I never see those cross or diamond inlays again it'd be too soon!!!

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
If we can get more comfy necks, more modern construction with non-angled necks and hardtail bridges, satin neck finishes, lighter and brighter woods, etc.

So, you want an Ibanez? :fawk:

Kidding. :lol:

Also, the comfort thing is all taste. I love thicker necks.

')