Keith merrow working with schecter

• Thread starter Dawn of the Shred
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

The Reverend

GHETTO KING OF SWAG
Reaction score
I really think some people don't live in reality. That first few pages was intense.

Anyway, I'm curious about this thing with Keith Merrow and Schecter. I'd like to see his influence on a line of guitars as opposed to a signature, as those usually don't have all the options I look for. This small push by Schecter to capitalize on the niche market is impressing me.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jakke

Pretty wisdomous
Reaction score
Please, don't make this another damn see-thru finish over a maple top. They're usually very nice, but Schecter has that on most of their guitars. I'd rather take a nice metallic colour any day:2c:

Skullet

Reaction score
Would be cool if it was like the blade grey finish that was used on his S7 but who knows what's in store at this moment in time :)

noob_pwn

Reaction score
Good on you Keith, can't wait to see what you've come up with.

the first few pages of this thread hurt my brain, if you aren't in a position where you are trying to make a living from playing music, you have no place commenting on the career decisions of those who are.

indreku

Reaction score
One thing I would like to see more from schecter is natural finish in standard series.
And as I said, less glossy, abalone and inlay things.
And Evertune would be also nice to be seen.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
yes... would YOU turn away killer gear if you were getting it for free or at a huge discount? They are only human, lol

On the flip side, these companies willingly give or sell gear (likely at cost) to these guys they know will not really say a bad word about them in hopes of getting on a (odd) band wagon. I think they lose a bit of credibility that way.

This phenomenon is pretty new in the guitar world. It's really only happened over the last few years.

But I feel like BUSINESS has always worked that way...

User Name

Banned
Reaction score
I don't know what half the acronyms ppl use on these sites are when it comes to bands... It seems like only a small handful of deathcore fans do...

if i am remember correctly i believe BVB stands for black veiled brides. not sure on what DEP stands for.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
Ooooh... Now they're awesome... Whole different can of worms there...

I'm not one to be all into genres and shit... The overclassification ppl go through is just way too tedious for something I'm supposed to be enjoying... But this sounds nothing like the bands with whom "DEP" was mentioned...

... IMO of course... :rofl:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zv8b6RPbnAc

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
Them and Asking Alexandria (whoever that is) and Bring Me the Horizon (ditto)

User Name

Banned
Reaction score
Them and Asking Alexandria (whoever that is) and Bring Me the Horizon (ditto)
28896577.jpg

edit: but in all reality i must admit, i find some of asking alexandria's stuff quite catchy haha

Reaction score
I'm going to abuse my moderator privileges for a moment and take this opportunity to mention that this top looks like a shapely ass in a pair of jeans.

I'm going to abuse my puny member privileges for always and take this opportunity to mention that that would've been the wrinckliest ass ever. :ugh:

Zado

Reaction score
One thing I would like to see more from schecter is natural finish in standard series.
Yep!Something like this
93e44_DSC9631_4.jpg

3ec1c_DSC9633_5.jpg

bcea0_DSC9728_29.jpg

-this one is here because it's cool-

and yeah,that headstock is fapping material

')