Keith merrow working with schecter

• Thread starter Dawn of the Shred
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

flexkill

Vodka & PentaTonic
Reaction score
3ec1c_DSC9633_5.jpg

This with with no inlays would be very nice.:yesway: I don't really dig the headstock though.

Reaction score
Quote from Keith on his Facebook today.
I've also been getting a lot of emails about a previous post I made regarding working with Schecter. Here’s the deal: They’re currently prototyping me a signature guitar! Right now, it’s based on the SLS C7 (which I love), but it’ll have a different bridge on it (Hipshot), and other custom features. It’s exactly what I want in a guitar. I’m really excited about it! So yeah, that’s happening :) More details soon!

Zado

Reaction score
SLS with hipshot's gonna be super awesome.I hope to see some different finishes,to make it look different from a regular SLS.Can't wait to see it finished!
69229_645257585502944_1644904705_n.jpg

they look so cool
xrovV.gif

DIOBOLIC5150

Reaction score
I can't give out too much info, because it's in the "prototype" phase. But, some features of the proto include: Hipshot fixed bridge, direct-mount passive pickups (Duncan), single volume knob (no tone), compound radius FB, reversed headstock, etc.. We're gonna try swamp ash for the body and see how it sounds. I think it'll be more fitting for the tones I go for, rather than a mahogany body. They're experimenting with the finish I want... but it'll be a matte finish. It won't have cross inlays or flashy binding. It'll be clean... thin, light, and streamlined. It's exactly what I like in a guitar. I really like the SLS neck, and overall feel. But I think with these tweaks, it'll be perfect (to me).

That's probably more than I can tell you for now.

-KM

Reaction score
I can't give out too much info, because it's in the "prototype" phase. But, some features of the proto include: Hipshot fixed bridge, direct-mount passive pickups (Duncan), single volume knob (no tone), compound radius FB, reversed headstock, etc.. We're gonna try swamp ash for the body and see how it sounds. I think it'll be more fitting for the tones I go for, rather than a mahogany body. They're experimenting with the finish I want... but it'll be a matte finish. It won't have cross inlays or flashy binding. It'll be clean... thin, light, and streamlined. It's exactly what I like in a guitar. I really like the SLS neck, and overall feel. But I think with these tweaks, it'll be perfect (to me).

That's probably more than I can tell you for now.

-KM

You don't know how happy you've made SSO with this. But will the price be frightening for us or will it be kept at about the same as the SLS series?

MetalBuddah

0000 00 0 0 00 000
Reaction score
God damn, I am so excited for this!!! Keith, it is incredible how far you have come in just a matter of years. Good luck to you and since I am looking for a another 7 string....this will be the first one I consider when it comes out ;)

DIOBOLIC5150

Reaction score
You don't know how happy you've made SSO with this. But will the price be frightening for us or will it be kept at about the same as the SLS series?

Cool man! To be honest, I have absolutely no clue about prices or anything of that nature. It's still in the prototype phase being built, so it's too early to know details that specific.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Not sure if you're able to reveal this, but is it a Diamond series instrument or USA Production instrument?

If it's a Diamond series, I'm on board. :D

Reaction score
Cool man! To be honest, I have absolutely no clue about prices or anything of that nature. It's still in the prototype phase being built, so it's too early to know details that specific.

Ah, okay. Well, you totally deserve it. But you've already heard it about 500 times :rolleyes:

So you'll get a signature at Schecter as well as Chapman Guitars? Or isn't the ML7 technically your signature?

DIOBOLIC5150

Reaction score
Not sure if you're able to reveal this, but is it a Diamond series instrument or USA Production instrument?

If it's a Diamond series, I'm on board. :D

The proto is USA, I believe. But I'm not far enough into this to know specific details about production. I told them I wanted it to be an "affordable" guitar, so we'll see.

MetalBuddah

0000 00 0 0 00 000
Reaction score
So you'll get a signature at Schecter as well as Chapman Guitars? Or isn't the ML7 technically your signature?

Chapman ML-7 is not a signature, he is just helping Chappers with the design process because he is not primarily a 7string player

DIOBOLIC5150

Reaction score
Ah, okay. Well, you totally deserve it. But you've already heard it about 500 times :rolleyes:

Thank you!

Rob just asked me to help him out and collaborate on the ML7 project. That guitar is essentially designed by Rob's followers. It wasn't intended to be my sig guitar or anything. I was just helping out with that.

')