Keith merrow working with schecter

• Thread starter Dawn of the Shred
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Thank you!

Rob just asked me to help him out and collaborate on the ML7 project. That guitar is essentially designed by Rob's followers. It wasn't intended to be my sig guitar or anything. I was just helping out with that.

Okay, thanks for clearing that up man! And the pickups will be Seymour Duncan, will it be a Distortion to keep the costs down, or will it be the Sentient and the Pegasus/Nazgul?

Sorry for asking so many questions, but I'm just as curious as the next guy :rolleyes:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DavidLopezJr

Reaction score
I can't give out too much info, because it's in the "prototype" phase. But, some features of the proto include: Hipshot fixed bridge, direct-mount passive pickups (Duncan), single volume knob (no tone), compound radius FB, reversed headstock, etc.. We're gonna try swamp ash for the body and see how it sounds. I think it'll be more fitting for the tones I go for, rather than a mahogany body. They're experimenting with the finish I want... but it'll be a matte finish. It won't have cross inlays or flashy binding. It'll be clean... thin, light, and streamlined. It's exactly what I like in a guitar. I really like the SLS neck, and overall feel. But I think with these tweaks, it'll be perfect (to me).

That's probably more than I can tell you for now.

-KM
Interesting, normal Schecter scale, 26.5?

DIOBOLIC5150

Reaction score
Okay, thanks for clearing that up man! And the pickups will be Seymour Duncan, will it be a Distortion to keep the costs down, or will it be the Sentient and the Pegasus/Nazgul?

Sorry for asking so many questions, but I'm just as curious as the next guy :rolleyes:

Trying the Sentient/Nazgul in the proto. Again, way too early to know what would be in a production version. Sorry I can't give any rock solid answers. It's just too soon. It will be 26.5" scale. Ebony FB, massive frets. To be honest, I probably shouldn't even be talking about the proto... it might end up being a different guitar by the time it hits production (if/when that happens).

Reaction score
Trying the Sentient/Nazgul in the proto. Again, way too early to know what would be in a production version. Sorry I can't give any rock solid answers. It's just too soon. It will be 26.5" scale. Ebony FB, massive frets. To be honest, I probably should even be talking about the proto... it might end up being a different guitar by the time it hits production (if/when that happens).

Well, thanks for the answers dude, appreciate it!

Have a good day :hbang:

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
I can't give out too much info, because it's in the "prototype" phase. But, some features of the proto include: Hipshot fixed bridge, direct-mount passive pickups (Duncan), single volume knob (no tone), compound radius FB, reversed headstock, etc.. We're gonna try swamp ash for the body and see how it sounds. I think it'll be more fitting for the tones I go for, rather than a mahogany body. They're experimenting with the finish I want... but it'll be a matte finish. It won't have cross inlays or flashy binding. It'll be clean... thin, light, and streamlined. It's exactly what I like in a guitar. I really like the SLS neck, and overall feel. But I think with these tweaks, it'll be perfect (to me).

-KM

Awesome! My vote would be for Swamp Ash. Every custom shop Schecter I've tried that had a Swamp Ash body have sounded incredible. Tight, thick and very dynamic. It also stains really well. I'm tempted to get the current 7 string USA model but this sounds so much better.

By the beard of Zeus.... :bowdown:

What is that beautiful thing called?

Schecter 'S' Series 7 model built in the Custom Shop.
35521_501590149877232_1454959869_n.jpg

8638_501602393209341_59696360_n.jpg

SimonEriksson

Reaction score
The real question for me is... should I get Keith's or Ola's guitar? :)

No seriously this will probably be awesome! I'm a huge fan of Keith and I think that it is about time he gets a signature guitar, the guy can play like no other!

Zado

Reaction score
By the beard of Zeus.... :bowdown:

What is that beautiful thing called?
well the guitar was sold so it's no longer in the site where i found it,but I guess the suggestion from Drawnacol can be considered right:wavey:

-KM

Thanks SO much,we really appreciate this:hbang: also the simple straight finish is a good idea,something schecter has been misssing SO much on their metal line:yesway:

About pickups,it doesn't really matter to me,I just like unusual pickup sets:yesway: fullshred/jazz for the SLS line was a bliss,imho

Not sure if you're able to reveal this, but is it a Diamond series instrument or USA Production instrument?

If it's a Diamond series, I'm on board. :D
I hope so,cause here in UE the USA series's gonna be expensive as hell it seems:lol:

you guys have no idea how cool it makes me feel seeing jeff loomis playing the same guitar that i own.. :lol::lol:

you loomis owners must be used to that by now :lol:
that's one of the cool aspects of playing schecter: it seems the artists play the same guitars as customers:agreed:

I said it seems,who knows the truth:lol:

DIOBOLIC5150

Reaction score
that's one of the cool aspects of playing schecter: it seems the artists play the same guitars as customers:agreed:

I said it seems,who knows the truth:lol:

Not sure about the other artists, but Jeff's personal guitars are literally the same as any production Schecter Loomis 7-string you'll find in stores. I have one of his guitars here in my studio that he got me, and it's a South Korea model like all the others. It's a cool guitar, I think. I put EMTY Blackouts in it and it sounds pissed.

Zado

Reaction score
Not sure about the other artists, but Jeff's personal guitars are literally the same as any production Schecter Loomis 7-string you'll find in stores. I have one of his guitars here in my studio that he got me, and it's a South Korea model like all the others. It's a cool guitar, I think. I put EMTY Blackouts in it and it sounds pissed.
It's great to hear that,man,and comforting too in a sense:fawk:
It will be great to have you in the schecter roster:yesway:

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
My favorite guitar Loomis used was his (possibly) off-the-shelf Schecter C7 Standard.

Jeff+Loomis+loomis.jpg

EDIT: I THINK it was a C7 Standard. Not that I'm looking at it, the binding is pretty thick.

Adam Of Angels

The GAS Man
Reaction score

-KM

That's basically what I think Schecter should be making, so hooray for this :hbang::hbang:

Heroin

I am wombat
Reaction score

-KM

it already sounds like sex, I can't wait to see it :hbang:

Adam Of Angels

The GAS Man
Reaction score

I've had a handful of those Loomis models and they all sounded extremely pissed.

')