Kemper Profiling Amp Thread

KnightBrolaire

Meth Detal
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up about STL tones, I was seriously considering getting one of their bundles this weekend but hadn't pulled the trigger yet.

Anything from them stand out more than the others? I wanted to get the PRS Archon one they have or the Brian Hood.
@LeviathanKiller tried some of their stuff, he posted about it further back in the thread. I only tried a profile from the andy james pack that someone sent me and it was bad. If you want PRS Archon profiles Origin Audio has some really good ones. Same with Sinmix (I prefer Sinmix's profiles of that amp). There's also a ton of free Archon profiles out there.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hayd

Reaction score
How good is the powerhead version of the Kemper? Does it sound good matched up with a 4x12 cab? What's a good company get profiles for the Randall Satan?

lewis

Reaction score
This is a little off subject but someone asked me about my friendship with our ex-drummer John Boecklin and his new band Bad Wolves. I can't seem to find the thread. Maybe it got deleted.

We are still very close and keep in regular contact. I went to Bad Wolves first show in Santa Ana, CA a few months back and was SUPER impressed. They did not sound like a band playing their first show. They sounded like they had at least 20 shows under their belt. I've heard the whole record and I can tell you that it's some of the greatest metal I've heard in a long time. Plus, his skills as a drummer have gone through the roof since he left DD.
that was me dude! :)

wow thats amazing. Thanks for the heads up. I was super impressed with the release myself and cannot wait for the album drop. Im hoping they get UK tour dates so I can check them out. Sidenote their vocalist is so so good at what he does. He has that Aura you need. Like when he filled in for Ivan Moody and 5FDP, and I thought they were better with him than Ivan haha.

Johns drumming for DD was already mind blowing so if he has somehow got even better then holy crap, that alone would be a reason to grab their album and Im not even a drummer haha.
He looks quite different. Took me a few seconds to work out which member was John from their promo pics haha.

Either way Im glad you guys stayed tight. I hate when people leave bands after years and take it so bad they ditch the friendships that were created in that time.
Ive been in that position myself before. Its pretty painful.

jerm

Reaction score
Thanks Mike. Will definitely check out the profiles you posted!

I picked up Brody's profiles also. Will check them out soon and let you guys know my thoughts.

wakjob

Reaction score
How good is the powerhead version of the Kemper? Does it sound good matched up with a 4x12 cab? What's a good company get profiles for the Randall Satan?

I vastly preferred the "preamp only" profiles that I could find back when I had mine, because I used it into a 4x12.

I wasn't all too keen on the faux cab sim turn-off deal.
I just couldn't wrap my head around how it's supposed to cancel out something that's in the profile itself. And I don't think it did it very well.

So I missed out on a lot of great profile uploads that were on the exchange back then. But the preamp profiles I had were incredible. Two of my favs were a Mesa Mark III and the Engl Savage.

Hayd

Reaction score
I vastly preferred the "preamp only" profiles that I could find back when I had mine, because I used it into a 4x12.

I wasn't all too keen on the faux cab sim turn-off deal.
I just couldn't wrap my head around how it's supposed to cancel out something that's in the profile itself. And I don't think it did it very well.

So I missed out on a lot of great profile uploads that were on the exchange back then. But the preamp profiles I had were incredible. Two of my favs were a Mesa Mark III and the Engl Savage.

Which would sound better the Kemper powerhead into a 4x12 cab or a matrix paired up with the Kemper? The videos I've seen on YouTube the Kemper powerhead sound a little too warm and not aggressive like the Matrix 800

KnightBrolaire

Meth Detal
Reaction score
Which would sound better the Kemper powerhead into a 4x12 cab or a matrix paired up with the Kemper? The videos I've seen on YouTube the Kemper powerhead sound a little too warm and not aggressive like the Matrix 800
There's plenty of aggressive DI profiles that you could run into a 4x12...Sinmix has a metric fuckton of them.

Hayd

Reaction score
There's plenty of aggressive DI profiles that you could run into a 4x12...Sinmix has a metric fuckton of them.

I'm sure there's plenty of aggressive profiles my thing is the power amp section of the amplifier. Should I go with the Matrix or the powerhead version of the Kemper?

KnightBrolaire

Meth Detal
Reaction score
I'm sure there's plenty of aggressive profiles my thing is the power amp section of the amplifier. Should I go with the Matrix or the powerhead version of the Kemper?
you're asking the wrong person, I have an unpowered version. you'll get faster responses in the kemper forums or in the kemper group on fb.

KnightBrolaire

Meth Detal
Reaction score
Buddy of mine has all the DAR amps; friend of both of ours has a Kemper and profiled all of them.

He’s going to flip them to me in email. Kind of stoked to see what the FBM sounds like...
let me know how those turn out, I don't think I've ever seen DAR profiles anywhere.

lewis

Reaction score
Buddy of mine has all the DAR amps; friend of both of ours has a Kemper and profiled all of them.

He’s going to flip them to me in email. Kind of stoked to see what the FBM sounds like...
if they are good, I would happily give you like $10 for a bundle (if there is a like 5+ in the bundle) etc?

They are rare as fook

KnightBrolaire

Meth Detal
Reaction score
there's one DAR profile on the rig exchange and it blows. On another note, I found some sick fortin jose modded jvm profiles.

wakjob

Reaction score

I wasn't impressed with the class-D power amp in the Powered Kemper head that I had.

I was pretty floored when I got a Matrix gt1000fx.
I even made my lower tier modeling devices sound and feel great.

LeviathanKiller

Knee-shooting Archer
Reaction score
Dude get kinda blows about Matt, I heard those BE100 profiles were fantastic. I love that amp even for modern metal. Doesn’t get there?

Yeah, they (MattFig profiles) are just really lackluster imo.

I usually don't bother sorting through and keeping clean profiles from makers that don't do the high gain stuff well. Good cleans are pretty easy to come by for free even. "Badcat sparkle drive" and "shiva clean" (several from different makers) from the rig exchange are some of my favorites.

Read the green bolded font for the short version :)
STL Tones, I really want to believe that they sell some great stuff (especially considering how much they charge) but their free EVH 5150 or whatever 5150-variant demo pack they hand out when signing up for the newsletter is utter garbage and only serves to turn away business. They are hands down the worst and most unusable profiles I have ever used. I'd have to get one of their entire packs for free before I would consider spending money on their other packs and rescinding my current opinion of their products. I hope someone that works there actually does end up seeing this and gives me an opportunity to re-evaluate them because until then, I'll be warning everyone to stay away, far away. There are too many profile makers out there providing free samples that accurately demonstrate the exceptional quality of their work which is more often than not, available at a considerably lower cost.

there's one DAR profile on the rig exchange and it blows. On another note, I found some sick fortin jose modded jvm profiles.

What keywords do I need to find that in the Rig Exchange? The JVM became one of my favorite amps after playing the profiles of it made by CiliLab.

Drezik27

Reaction score
Yeah, they (MattFig profiles) are just really lackluster imo.

I usually don't bother sorting through and keeping clean profiles from makers that don't do the high gain stuff well. Good cleans are pretty easy to come by for free even. "Badcat sparkle drive" and "shiva clean" (several from different makers) from the rig exchange are some of my favorites.

Read the green bolded font for the short version :)
STL Tones, I really want to believe that they sell some great stuff (especially considering how much they charge) but their free EVH 5150 or whatever 5150-variant demo pack they hand out when signing up for the newsletter is utter garbage and only serves to turn away business. They are hands down the worst and most unusable profiles I have ever used. I'd have to get one of their entire packs for free before I would consider spending money on their other packs and rescinding my current opinion of their products. I hope someone that works there actually does end up seeing this and gives me an opportunity to re-evaluate them because until then, I'll be warning everyone to stay away, far away. There are too many profile makers out there providing free samples that accurately demonstrate the exceptional quality of their work which is more often than not, available at a considerably lower cost.

What keywords do I need to find that in the Rig Exchange? The JVM became one of my favorite amps after playing the profiles of it made by CiliLab.

After this I went and got those free packs, wow. You were not kidding.

takotakumi

Reaction score
anyone know of any better simple patch switching foot switches that work with the Kemper that beat the Digitech FS3X?
I just need something super simple to change patches. This is like £25 and is from a great company.
Would anything better this?

91mGV23hn7L._SL1500_.jpg
I got mine today and let me tell you it does not work :/ :(
I used the tutorial Kemper released on August and only the "Mod" switch works
Kemper ignores the other 2 no matter what settings I try it on.
I tried the profiler switch and the dual switch options and tried various settings and none works.

It appears this only works for the official Kemper one or a momentary switch as they say in the video.

Gonna try with a 2 button peavey switch tomorrow and see if that works.

lewis

Reaction score
I got mine today and let me tell you it does not work :/ :(
I used the tutorial Kemper released on August and only the "Mod" switch works
Kemper ignores the other 2 no matter what settings I try it on.
I tried the profiler switch and the dual switch options and tried various settings and none works.

It appears this only works for the official Kemper one or a momentary switch as they say in the video.

Gonna try with a 2 button peavey switch tomorrow and see if that works.
what a complete bummer.

Does anyone know in that case what we CAN use?. Is there any cheap 4 button footswitches that just change between the patches on the Kemper?
Something comparable price wise?. I.e £25 and up.

Latest posts

')