Kemper Profiling Amp Thread

takotakumi

Reaction score
what a complete bummer.

Does anyone know in that case what we CAN use?. Is there any cheap 4 button footswitches that just change between the patches on the Kemper?
Something comparable price wise?. I.e £25 and up.
Pretty sure we're limited for 2 buttons if we want to use the footswitch input as you can only set up for 2 settings (we need an update for more than 2 haha)

On the video they showed this one: Boss FS-6 Dual Footswitch
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/de...Z775QkFv0Jbzg2juEeVoTeeq43iuowbAaAhuHEALw_wcB

Video:

If there's something else that has those same specs as that boss it should work

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DudeManBrother

Hey...how did everybody get in my room?
Reaction score
Whatever you get would have to have a stereo jack and momentary switches. Seems like for £25 your best bet is to just make one. I imagine the tip goes to one switch, the ring to the other switch and the sleeve is ground.
The only other option is a midi controller, like the FCB; which is cheap and is simple to program even without an uno chip.

lewis

Reaction score
might just get a used Boss FS6 then.

ALSO!!

Does anyone have any bass profiles that will nail this amazing Nolly tone? -

Drezik27

Reaction score

AntonioPetrole

Reaction score
What's up my dudes. I made a video on some of my favorite Kemper profiles so far. I have to say, the new Brian Hood STL pack makes me wonder if I'll ever use another. The 5150 block letter tone is absolutely perfect in every way

Tuned

Reaction score
What doesn't the Behringer FCB1010 do without the Uno 4 Kemper chip? To what extent is it usable as it is?
So far I was able to make out you can't use the tuner in live situation, and some characters don't show on the LCD, is that all? I could live with that

LeviathanKiller

Knee-shooting Archer
Reaction score
What's up my dudes. I made a video on some of my favorite Kemper profiles so far. I have to say, the new Brian Hood STL pack makes me wonder if I'll ever use another. The 5150 block letter tone is absolutely perfect in every way

How does the Brian Hood pack compare to their free profile pack?

Drezik27

Reaction score

I don't have high hopes.

After trying the free pack, out of sheer curiosity and stubbornness I thought no way would a paid pack be as bad. So I gave the Protone 5150 III pack a try. I was wrong. With the exception of 2 clean profiles, the pack is not good.

DudeManBrother

Hey...how did everybody get in my room?
Reaction score
What doesn't the Behringer FCB1010 do without the Uno 4 Kemper chip? To what extent is it usable as it is?
So far I was able to make out you can't use the tuner in live situation, and some characters don't show on the LCD, is that all? I could live with that

It’s totally usable without a chip. I used this video as a reference, there’s a part 2 and a Q and A vid on his channel as well

AntonioPetrole

Reaction score

I haven't tried their free pack, but I will say I enjoy the hood pack so far (albeit it's still pretty new so I haven't been able to give it a real honest judgement on it so far, love the first profile I highlighted in the video though).

ah_graylensman

Reaction score

It’s totally usable without a chip. I used this video as a reference, there’s a part 2 and a Q and A vid on his channel as well

Yeah, even the base Behringer firmware will work with the Kemper, but the UnO and UnO4Kemper firmwares give you more fine-grained control over things. I ended up installing the regular UnO firmware in my FCB, on the theory that I might want to use it with something other than the Kemper some day. (It's not like it spent the previous ~12 years controlling a H&K Triamp with an effects processor in the loop or anything...) The stompbox mode with the UnO firmware is quite nice for use with the Kemper.

Smoked Porter

Reaction score
A few months ago, I was asking for headphone recs for the Kemper. I don't feel like digging to find the exact post, but somebody suggested the AKG K240s. Whoever that was, thanks a million. I got them a week ago, and they rock tits. Anybody else who needs some quality headphones on a budget should definitely look at these. Well worth the $70.

KnightBrolaire

Meth Detal
Reaction score
A few months ago, I was asking for headphone recs for the Kemper. I don't feel like digging to find the exact post, but somebody suggested the AKG K240s. Whoever that was, thanks a million. I got them a week ago, and they rock tits. Anybody else who needs some quality headphones on a budget should definitely look at these. Well worth the $70.
:yesway:

ManOnTheEdge

Reaction score

Nice!! i already have K240s and for my 30th Next Year the Kemper is #1 (of 1) on my wishlist.

lewis

Reaction score
anyone have any great, twangy/snarly, Randall Thrasher profiles?

All the great studios making bundles, dont seem to have any that I can find. Anyone have any?.
(im aware there is a few on the Rig Exchange but they appear to mostly be XLR out or Torpedo live profiled)

Latest posts

')