Kemper Profiling Amp Thread

Tuned

Reaction score
where do you buy the Uno4Kemper chip? I asked Eureka!Sound but they couldn't help. Then I googled me www.fcb1010.eu, tried to purcase one unit and was redirected to order details at www.gordius.de, but their order form robot is all messed up (shows a wrong shipping address of mine). No units on the evilbay as of now.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

LeviathanKiller

Knee-shooting Archer
Reaction score
where do you buy the Uno4Kemper chip? I asked Eureka!Sound but they couldn't help. Then I googled me www.fcb1010.eu, tried to purcase one unit and was redirected to order details at www.gordius.de, but their order form robot is all messed up (shows a wrong shipping address of mine). No units on the evilbay as of now.

That is the standard site and only real source as far as I'm aware. Weird that it's causing you issues. If it continues to, keep scouring evilBay and Reverb.

Tuned

Reaction score
I have a few silly questions here)

So I am in a new band now, we're gonna play a club gig just to practice before public before we play our first festival we've enrolled to. The restaurant club has a sort of free mike nights.
I got a Kemper, obviously, and this is going to be its first live night.

1) They have quite minute stuff there. Guitarwise, they have a Washburn Bad Dog BD40R (1*12 I guess) combo. For what I've googled up, it leaves much to be desired, but it has an effects loop and a solid-state poweramp.
I, on the other hand, have a Mesa Mark III 112 combo at home, but it is HEAVY as hell (doctor forbade me to lift more than 12 pounds), and it has a tube poweramp.
As a third option, there's that Marshall JTM30 I use with the Kemper to rehearse, the guys could help me with it, but it also has a tube poweramp, and I'll have to rent it too.
Or else, I could send the signal directly to the mixing board, but then again, they only have 2 monitors, and I could use a combo for my guitar monitor.

Which is the best way to go with the Kemper in this situation?

2) When I was mixing my presets for our songs (Kemper to Mesa or Marshall), I didn't switch the Cabinet unit off. Now that we started to record our band's rehearsals live (Kemper through audio interface to computer with Ableton software), there are certain drawbacks in the sound. The guys say I need to switch the Cabinet unit off to do it right, so I did yesterday. True, the guitar was more discernible now, but the sound totally sucked! Wasn't close to the presets I'd done. Should I leave Cabinet on when we play the gig? Or, rather, WHEN should I switch Cabinet off and on?

3) I have a NoiseGate issue here. It does the job well when I dial in, but I can't Store it, so when I switch to another preset, even within the same Performance, and then back, the NoiseGate setting is lost every time. How do I cure this?

4) is there a way to level the output of all stored Performances? I mean, so that the songs we will be playing will be approximately at the same volume?

DudeManBrother

Hey...how did everybody get in my room?
Reaction score
I have a few silly questions here)

So I am in a new band now, we're gonna play a club gig just to practice before public before we play our first festival we've enrolled to. The restaurant club has a sort of free mike nights.
I got a Kemper, obviously, and this is going to be its first live night.

1) They have quite minute stuff there. Guitarwise, they have a Washburn Bad Dog BD40R (1*12 I guess) combo. For what I've googled up, it leaves much to be desired, but it has an effects loop and a solid-state poweramp.
I, on the other hand, have a Mesa Mark III 112 combo at home, but it is HEAVY as hell (doctor forbade me to lift more than 12 pounds), and it has a tube poweramp.
As a third option, there's that Marshall JTM30 I use with the Kemper to rehearse, the guys could help me with it, but it also has a tube poweramp, and I'll have to rent it too.
Or else, I could send the signal directly to the mixing board, but then again, they only have 2 monitors, and I could use a combo for my guitar monitor.

Which is the best way to go with the Kemper in this situation?

2) When I was mixing my presets for our songs (Kemper to Mesa or Marshall), I didn't switch the Cabinet unit off. Now that we started to record our band's rehearsals live (Kemper through audio interface to computer with Ableton software), there are certain drawbacks in the sound. The guys say I need to switch the Cabinet unit off to do it right, so I did yesterday. True, the guitar was more discernible now, but the sound totally sucked! Wasn't close to the presets I'd done. Should I leave Cabinet on when we play the gig? Or, rather, WHEN should I switch Cabinet off and on?

3) I have a NoiseGate issue here. It does the job well when I dial in, but I can't Store it, so when I switch to another preset, even within the same Performance, and then back, the NoiseGate setting is lost every time. How do I cure this?

4) is there a way to level the output of all stored Performances? I mean, so that the songs we will be playing will be approximately at the same volume?
You don’t have to shut off the cabs. If it sounds better with them on, then leave them on.
Once you get the noise gate dialed in, you have to save the profile. Just hold the store button and then the soft button on the screen for “replace profile” or whatever it says.
Use the bottom volume (not master) to match up each profile. If you switch to one that’s too quiet, turn up the volume, and turn it down if the profile is too loud. Once you have the volume adjusted, store the profile like I said above.
Just use the fx loop of the amp they have; plug into your “monitor out”; then plug into the house via “main out” and it will be good enough for a warm up show

InFlames235

Reaction score
Hey you guys - I think I'm actually going to make the leap to a Kemper. After years and years of tube amps, my level of play has gone down quite a bit and I'm kinda over having a massive tube amp, cables everywhere, etc. with only one type of sound available to me. Kemper has seem to come a very very long way since they've come out and I think it'll just make more sense for home playing, recording, etc. moving forward.

I think I'll be looking to get the unpowered Kemper and use the FRFR method as, after doing some reading, that seems to be the most preferred way to utilize it over all. Is there anything I should be aware of before pulling the trigger? I'll need to offload my current amp and other gear before actually moving forward with a purchase so I have some time to fully research everything. Thanks!

Tuned

Reaction score
You don’t have to shut off the cabs. If it sounds better with them on, then leave them on.
Ok, done

Once you get the noise gate dialed in, you have to save the profile. Just hold the store button and then the soft button on the screen for “replace profile” or whatever it says. Use the bottom volume (not master) to match up each profile... Once you have the volume adjusted, store the profile like I said above.
Hmm, I only pressed the store button several times, didn't realize there was another to replace a profile. Thanks man!

Yet another question is whether there is a way to adjust ALL the volumes to the same level, so that they would be nice and level during the show. I have approximately 4 dozen profiles for our songs so far, so adjusting them one by one is a long journey.
I then could adjust certain specific profiles' volume individually.

Just use the fx loop of the amp they have; plug into your “monitor out”; then plug into the house via “main out” and it will be good enough for a warm up show
cool, will do!

Last edited:

DudeManBrother

Hey...how did everybody get in my room?
Reaction score
Hmm, I only pressed the store button several times, didn't realize there was another to replace a profile. Thanks man!

Yet another question is whether there is a way to adjust ALL the volumes to the same level, so that they would be nice and level during the show. I have approximately 4 dozen profiles for our songs so far, so adjusting them one by one is a long journey.
I then could adjust certain specific profiles' volume individually!

I think you hold the store button down for a second and the top row of the screen will show “rename” “replace” “store as new” or something similar.

There is no global profile volume. Each profile is a representation of the environment in which it was captured, and all profiles are made by different people with different tastes, gear, etc. so
If you have a mixer you can look at the output LEDs to get an idea of how close each one is, and adjust them from there. It is a bit of a pain in the ass at first, I typically only use 2 profiles for shows but have taken the time to match up the 20 or so in my favorites so I can swap sounds easily

lewis

Reaction score
anyone know if its possible to channel switch kemper profiles whilst its being powered by an amp head and connected to that via midi too using just the amp heads footswitch?

KnightBrolaire

Pickup Connoisseur
Reaction score
a guy in the kemper fb group sent me a pile of the stl andy james profiles and I have to say that with their default cabs, they don't sound very good, kind of muffled/shitty. With IRs they sound way better but I still don't think I'd pay for any of them

LeviathanKiller

Knee-shooting Archer
Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting the Will Putney Producer pack. It's a newer pack and I'm hoping that maybe they've improved. I'll write back if I get them. Part of me hates their brand so much but then I hear Will's sound clips, and they sound really good whereas some of the other packs were just meh throughout the entire list of clips.

EDIT: I don't know why this is just now coming to mind but it shouldn't be a surprise if every pack they offer is drastically different in sound or even quality. Most of them are by producers. STL is just funnel label for marketing. Whoever created the free 5150 profiles sucks. They have a Sky Dreams pack (not the platinum version) that is free right now and it's mostly clean stuff but it actually sounds very decent. That's part of what has made me reconsider them along with their current discount. I guess evaluate each pack by itself if it's a producer-made pack.

I did just buy Double Impact's The Ultimate Profile Bundle 1 & 2 and I'm LOVING it. Very good profiles from what I can tell. I'll give a more in-depth review after I've gotten to mess with them more but I wanted to mention them today because they're having a Black Friday 40% deal. The 1 & 2 bundle combo came in around $73 USD for me after the discount.

Last edited:

KnightBrolaire

Pickup Connoisseur
Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting the Will Putney Producer pack. It's a newer pack and I'm hoping that maybe they've improved. I'll write back if I get them. Part of me hates their brand so much but then I hear Will's sound clips, and they sound really good whereas some of the other packs were just meh throughout the entire list of clips.

EDIT: I don't know why this is just now coming to mind but it shouldn't be a surprise if every pack they offer is drastically different in sound or even quality. Most of them are by producers. STL is just funnel label for marketing. Whoever created the free 5150 profiles sucks. They have a Sky Dreams pack (not the platinum version) that is free right now and it's mostly clean stuff but it actually sounds very decent. That's part of what has made me reconsider them along with their current discount. I guess evaluate each pack by itself if it's a producer-made pack.

I did just buy Double Impact's The Ultimate Profile Bundle 1 & 2 and I'm LOVING it. Very good profiles from what I can tell. I'll give a more in-depth review after I've gotten to mess with them more but I wanted to mention them today because they're having a Black Friday 40% deal. The 1 & 2 bundle combo came in around $73 USD for me after the discount.
there's a thread on stl tones in the kemper fb group and reviews are relatively mixed for the putney pack.

lewis

Reaction score
anyone got any killer Hughes and kettner profiles?
Heard the Tubemeister in the flesh last night at a local gig and............that little box produced the best guitar tone Ive heard in person at that particular venue. And Ive played it myself about 30 times haha

LeviathanKiller

Knee-shooting Archer
Reaction score
I'm wanting to get some Reampzone profiles. They have a Tubemeister pack. I want the Switchblade pack for myself. I was going to get them when they were on sale this weekend but apparently the code was for Friday only and I tried to buy on Sunday since everyone else was letting deals run all weekend long. Guess I'll be waiting until another discount period comes up.

KnightBrolaire

Pickup Connoisseur
Reaction score
I'm wanting to get some Reampzone profiles. They have a Tubemeister pack. I want the Switchblade pack for myself. I was going to get them when they were on sale this weekend but apparently the code was for Friday only and I tried to buy on Sunday since everyone else was letting deals run all weekend long. Guess I'll be waiting until another discount period comes up.
their dual recto profiles are pretty good

')