Kemper Profiling Amp Thread

Cheap

.....ite
Reaction score
^^ thoughts on the STL packs: I have a few of them now (Kris Crummett, Howard Benson, Jon Deiley) and have been both let down and blown away.

By FAR the most versatile pack is Deiley's. He's got a ton of Strymon-style effects built into the patches that really opened up my mind on how far you can push the limits of the Kemper. His AC30 profiles are to die for and have given me some of my favorite recorded tones ever. Tons of Archon and Pitbull profiles too which sound real, real mean but never fizzy or thin.

I thought I dug the Benson profiles, but haven't touched them lately and the Crummett profiles are definitely a letdown. I expected that to be my favorite, but they're just not satisfying to play and I don't think my guitars are suited for them even after tweaking the amp/cab parameters.

Does anyone know where some good bass profiles are at?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

LeviathanKiller

Knee-shooting Archer
Reaction score
I bought the JTM Profiles - Heavy Tones pack by Josh Middleton. For some reason, there's only 52 profiles in the 53 profile pack? :lol: There is indeed only 52 in the download and it even states in the read me in the folder that there's only 52 but it says on the product page 53 multiple times. haha

Anyways, they sound really great. Very well "edited" regarding the EQs that were placed in the post-amp chain.
I have a few minor complaints though.
One is that, at the moment, they all seem just a little bit dark. I feel like a quick +1 on the treble and presence adds back what it's missing.
Once that's done, they're amazing. I tried a lot of them without his post-EQs and even then they were still dark when compared to my other current favorites from Reampzone and Double Impact. I don't know what he did in the process but they're just all like that.

My second complaint is that he added a ton of options to the pack by having every profile use a different cab. This is great because of the flexibility that you have BUT that means you have to download all of them to your Kemper in order to take advantage of that. It's so much more difficult having to use the lock feature to switch out cabs when using the Rig Manager. Oh well. Not that big of an issue really.

Last complaint is that nothing except the amps are identified anywhere. I personally like to know what makes up the chain of something I like. With these profiles you don't know the cab, the speaker, the mic, the mic placement, or whether a boost was used or not. That also means there's no shortcut to find something you generally like such as a 5150 into a Mesa cab with V30s, miced with a SM57 in Fredman style and an Maxon 808 boost. That combo may exist in this pack, but there's no way of knowing for sure. You'll just have to listen to every profile, every time you're looking for something. That also makes it slightly difficult to remember which profile is which since they're only identified with an amp name, maybe the channel abbreviation, and then a incremented number. I don't remember numbers well.

I'm not someone who likes having to tweak profiles at all (I have an Axe-Fx for my tweaking pleasure lol) but Josh Middleton's profiles are definitely worth the extra bit of time. I hope he releases another pack in the future with different amps.

Here's a link if you're interested. https://joshmiddleton.com/product/jtm-profiles-heavy-tones-bundle-1/

their dual recto profiles are pretty good
I just bought that pack actually because it was on a short sale for $3. haha
The profiles with the Fortin 33 pedal are really really nice.

lewis

Reaction score
I bought the JTM Profiles - Heavy Tones pack by Josh Middleton. For some reason, there's only 52 profiles in the 53 profile pack? :lol: There is indeed only 52 in the download and it even states in the read me in the folder that there's only 52 but it says on the product page 53 multiple times. haha

Anyways, they sound really great. Very well "edited" regarding the EQs that were placed in the post-amp chain.
I have a few minor complaints though.
One is that, at the moment, they all seem just a little bit dark. I feel like a quick +1 on the treble and presence adds back what it's missing.
Once that's done, they're amazing. I tried a lot of them without his post-EQs and even then they were still dark when compared to my other current favorites from Reampzone and Double Impact. I don't know what he did in the process but they're just all like that.

My second complaint is that he added a ton of options to the pack by having every profile use a different cab. This is great because of the flexibility that you have BUT that means you have to download all of them to your Kemper in order to take advantage of that. It's so much more difficult having to use the lock feature to switch out cabs when using the Rig Manager. Oh well. Not that big of an issue really.

Last complaint is that nothing except the amps are identified anywhere. I personally like to know what makes up the chain of something I like. With these profiles you don't know the cab, the speaker, the mic, the mic placement, or whether a boost was used or not. That also means there's no shortcut to find something you generally like such as a 5150 into a Mesa cab with V30s, miced with a SM57 in Fredman style and an Maxon 808 boost. That combo may exist in this pack, but there's no way of knowing for sure. You'll just have to listen to every profile, every time you're looking for something. That also makes it slightly difficult to remember which profile is which since they're only identified with an amp name, maybe the channel abbreviation, and then a incremented number. I don't remember numbers well.

I'm not someone who likes having to tweak profiles at all (I have an Axe-Fx for my tweaking pleasure lol) but Josh Middleton's profiles are definitely worth the extra bit of time. I hope he releases another pack in the future with different amps.

Here's a link if you're interested. https://joshmiddleton.com/product/jtm-profiles-heavy-tones-bundle-1/

I just bought that pack actually because it was on a short sale for $3. haha
The profiles with the Fortin 33 pedal are really really nice.

I recently tried the Kosten Platinum mod cabinet with the Josh profiles and straight away I lost the darkness I also had problems with. There is something so good about that cab sound that its worth saving separately and then trying that cab sound with any high gain profile you download.
I appreciate the work Josh put in for his cab sounds and options, but in the end for my tastes, all of his profiles sounded amazing when paired with the Kosten cab.

KnightBrolaire

Meth Detal
Reaction score
I recently tried the Kosten Platinum mod cabinet with the Josh profiles and straight away I lost the darkness I also had problems with. There is something so good about that cab sound that its worth saving separately and then trying that cab sound with any high gain profile you download.
I appreciate the work Josh put in for his cab sounds and options, but in the end for my tastes, all of his profiles sounded amazing when paired with the Kosten cab.
that's basically what I do with sinmix's IRs. I ended up deleting all but one of them from my rig (KSE 5150 4x12 cab if you're wondering). It makes pretty much every amp I've tested it with sound great. I just keep it permanently locked.

lewis

Reaction score
that's basically what I do with sinmix's IRs. I ended up deleting all but one of them from my rig (KSE 5150 4x12 cab if you're wondering). It makes pretty much every amp I've tested it with sound great. I just keep it permanently locked.
funnily enough the KSE Sinmix cab is the other one Ive saved that I bounce between haha.

Getting a good balance choosing one of them to do rhythm sounds with 2 different guitars quad tracked, and then using the other for solos or vice versa.
Both are so good.

KnightBrolaire

Meth Detal
Reaction score
Topjimi's mark v profiles are really good with sinmix's IRs. Not a fan of the stock cabs though. Tried the jon deiley archon profiles and they suck imo.

LeviathanKiller

Knee-shooting Archer
Reaction score

I appreciate the nice comments ^__^

I already had that 5150 Plat cab from Kosten saved but didn't think to try it on there since it was too thin the last time I tried using it on a bunch of stuff but I did it on those since you guys mentioned it...
Well, dang. It's amazing. Brightens all of those profiles up very nicely. So then I tried it on my favorite profiles that I have from Reampzone right now and there's negligible difference. Try Reampzone's cabs on stuff! Offers more variety than using the 5150 Platinum cab on everything. Another nice comment about Reampzone's profiles. His don't need cab switching imo.

lewis

Reaction score
does anyone know If I can use my Randall's Midi channel switch pedal as a way to control my Kempers profiles live?.

Sogradde

Reaction score
I a have a question for you lovely Kemper folks. For live gigs I'm currently using an amp, a multi FX and a cab, which is being mic'd and fed into our rack to send signals to the FOH and our IEMs. While this works pretty well, I'd like to streamline my gear a bit and have it condensed to a MIDI controlled Kemper and a wireless unit for my guitars. Can I route the Kemper in a way where it sends a complete signal via XLR into our rack for FOH/IEM and the "cab-less" variant to a cab for stage sound or in case the IEMs fail? I feel it's a bit complicated because apparently there is a difference between profiled sounds and combinations of an amp and IR inside the Kemper.

Would love if you could shed some light onto this!

DudeManBrother

Hey...how did everybody get in my room?
Reaction score
I a have a question for you lovely Kemper folks. For live gigs I'm currently using an amp, a multi FX and a cab, which is being mic'd and fed into our rack to send signals to the FOH and our IEMs. While this works pretty well, I'd like to streamline my gear a bit and have it condensed to a MIDI controlled Kemper and a wireless unit for my guitars. Can I route the Kemper in a way where it sends a complete signal via XLR into our rack for FOH/IEM and the "cab-less" variant to a cab for stage sound or in case the IEMs fail? I feel it's a bit complicated because apparently there is a difference between profiled sounds and combinations of an amp and IR inside the Kemper.

Would love if you could shed some light onto this!
Yes this setup is easily done. You have two main out xlrs to choose from for iems/foh; and a monitor out that can be run to a real cab, with the cab sim off, not effecting the main outs

Sogradde

Reaction score
What about the spealer out on the power rack? Can I use that like the monitor output you described?

KnightBrolaire

Meth Detal
Reaction score
currently trying out erglabs' mesa profiles. they're alright, not the best mesa profiles I've tried though.

Smoked Porter

Reaction score
Just a heads up, The Black Stymphalian's profiles are 40% off right now. I just picked up the Mark IV pack, and it's got the best Mark series profiles for metal IMO. The Precision Metal profile is just killer. Maybe I'll put some clips up when I have the time.

KnightBrolaire

Meth Detal
Reaction score
Just a heads up, The Black Stymphalian's profiles are 40% off right now. I just picked up the Mark IV pack, and it's got the best Mark series profiles for metal IMO. The Precision Metal profile is just killer. Maybe I'll put some clips up when I have the time.
I like his mark profiles, they're pretty good. They feel a bit clearer than the erglabs (excluding the DI profiles) and topjimi profiles with their respective cabs.

lewis

Reaction score
Just downloaded a random Randall Thrasher profile off the rig exchange. (Got XLR in the name) and swapped the cab to the Kosten Platinum one.

Sounds so good for Rhythm!!!!. Awesome for a Free one so thanks to whoever done that.

Tuned

Reaction score
Hi all!

We finally bought a KPA for the band. Before, I was using my friend's for a few months, and then he finally said he needed it back. We decided to break the bank because we totally liked what possibilities it gave to our kind of music. I think it could be explained as some melodic soft rock / art rock with a touch of progressive here and there, so we could use lots of different nuances (and we do).

Could you please help me with a few things?
1) I've arranged a dozen 'Performances' with up to 5 'Slots' in each, with all the rigs, EQ, balance between the slots and songs, tweaking and all. How do I transfer all of that from one KPA unit to another? I've never used the Kemper other than an amp so far, so I wouldn't know.

2) I just got a FCB1010 with the Eureka Prom chip (the 3rd version I think ) installed. I've read the manual and I am sorry to say I am confused. English not being my native language, some things elude me and I can't understand the logic.
Namely, the EurekaSound manual, Kemper Section, uses the terms 'Preset', 'Performance', 'Slot'.

- In the Presets Mode, it says the 1010 allows to enter Performances 1-125, Slots 1-5, Presets 1-128. So, presuming both Performance and Slot refer to those of the KPA's, then what exactly is a Preset? Any preset from the KPA Browser Mode, without connection to whether or not it is added to a Slot of the Performance Mode? Any preset from either the Browser Mode OR the Performance Mode?

- from the fact that there are the Presets Mode, Favourite Presets Mode, Effects Mode and Presets&Effects Mode I get a feeling that a Preset might imply a given set of a KPA Rig and EQ with or without Stomp(-s) and Effect(-s) added, and that you can only alter the value of a stomp or effect of a Preset in the Presets&Effects Mode. Or is it like, you may choose a preset in the Preset Mode, then go to the Effects Mode to control stomps and effects?

- what if I want to store just a favourite Stomp or Effect's value to use it with different Rigs? Does that qualify for a Preset?

Thanks in advance! Sorry for asking weird things.

DC23

Reaction score
Just got a great deal on a Mesa Stiletto Ace 1x12 Combo! I ran the Kemper through it and checked out some Merged Profiles and the results were quite promising. Any of you guys kind enough to provide some info on where I can find profiles meant to be played through a power amp and actual guitar cab. I only saw about 3 pages of 'merged profiles' on the rig exchange which netted me like 20 profiles. Am I missing something or is there just not that many?

Latest posts

')