Kemper Profiling Amp Thread

KnightBrolaire

Pickup Connoisseur
Reaction score
if you can profile the axe profiles then there's no point, kemper wins :lol:
I still find Sinmix's direct pack to be one of the best out there, especially with good IRs.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

LeviathanKiller

Knee-shooting Archer
Reaction score
Demo vid (by Josh himself) of the new Josh Middleton Heavy Tones 2 pack!
I just noticed he has Diezel profiles in this one too

Akhenat0n

Reaction score
Guys I would need an advice.

Namely I own a Kemper and a POD HD500 and would like to make the POD to act like a soundcard/audio interface. Ive been using the POD as my interface for years, and would like now to have the possibility to monitor the Kemper through the POD, so that I dont need to switch the phones between the two. What type of connection do I need to make it work as imagined?

Tnx in advance!

lewis

Reaction score
I get to see them tonight, so if I end up loving his tone I might get those and report back haha
ooh nice.
Enjoy the show dude and I will await your verdict on their live sound.
(Im hearing that like LOADS of their tone is made up of the bass sound)

takotakumi

Reaction score
ooh nice.
Enjoy the show dude and I will await your verdict on their live sound.
(Im hearing that like LOADS of their tone is made up of the bass sound)
I've seen them thrice and their live sound is always incredible, but you're right, Amos provides a big part of the tone.
My guess is that it's either going to sound very throaty or very thin for the rhythms on the profiles.
It does say it includes the cleans and those are great. I found a free profile the other of a
"tesseracty" clean tone and it was fun messing around with.

phaja_

Reaction score

Akhenat0n

Reaction score
Hello gyus, I tried profile my favorite amps. The main goal of this profiling session was to profile a modern tight rhythm sound for low tuned guitars. This takes are in drop C, but usually I am using G#.
Let me know, what do you think. :)
https://soundcloud.com/pavel-fry/kemper-profile-pitbull
https://soundcloud.com/pavel-fry/kemper-profile-mark-iv
https://soundcloud.com/pavel-fry/kemper ... -ch-midcut

Sounds good to me :) Would you like to share it with us? I'd like to try it out on my Jackson 8.

takotakumi

Reaction score
Dunno if this was posted, but theres a new pack from kemper:
Guidorist Rig Pack (Mai 2018)
Guido Bungenstock (Guidorist) creates Profiles used by guitar players around the world in collaboration with sound engineer Phillip Salm of the 48 Volt Studio Hamburg/Germany. All Profiles are tested on Hi-end monitors and many guitar cabinets before they are released to achieve a perfectly balanced tone.

This Rig Pack includes 18 Rigs.
DownloadDate: 2018-04-27, File size: 0.85 MB

lewis

Reaction score
so my bands bassist left meaning the HD Pro and floor board that I own he was using, is free again.

Thinking of running the POD HD PRO 4 cable method with my kemper for extra effects.
Now, i dont own the Kemper remote but do own the Line 6 FBV shortboard that works with the pod HD

is there a way to set them all up together so that changing a "preset" on the HD's floor controller, also changes amp sounds on the kemper? maybe midi thru the 2 together etc?
Certain effects like delays etc I will want the kemper to have so there is trails when switching (the HD does not have this) but other effects for infront of the amp i prefer whats on the POD (like the whammy/pitch glide and the boosts etc)
plus the editor/software could come in handy.

would need just 4 patches a time.
Rhythm, solo, clean and "shit tone"
then different banks per song so it is all tempo matched.

Akhenat0n

Reaction score
I would like to try something similar, if not the same. What I exactly want is to connect my HD500 with the Kemper so that I can use the pedal to manipulate the pitch glide effect. How should I connect the two? I supose it is pretty simple but still....

Smoked Porter

Reaction score
so my bands bassist left meaning the HD Pro and floor board that I own he was using, is free again.

Thinking of running the POD HD PRO 4 cable method with my kemper for extra effects.
Now, i dont own the Kemper remote but do own the Line 6 FBV shortboard that works with the pod HD

is there a way to set them all up together so that changing a "preset" on the HD's floor controller, also changes amp sounds on the kemper? maybe midi thru the 2 together etc?
Certain effects like delays etc I will want the kemper to have so there is trails when switching (the HD does not have this) but other effects for infront of the amp i prefer whats on the POD (like the whammy/pitch glide and the boosts etc)
plus the editor/software could come in handy.

would need just 4 patches a time.
Rhythm, solo, clean and "shit tone"
then different banks per song so it is all tempo matched.

Man, I'm not hating or anything, and I don't think what you're asking is even the craziest example so far, but you might the be the king of convoluted rigs on this site :lol:

lewis

Reaction score
Man, I'm not hating or anything, and I don't think what you're asking is even the craziest example so far, but you might the be the king of convoluted rigs on this site :lol:
I swear half the time i conjure up an idea that technology cant even do haha.

i just want simple amp sounds and switching between 2 devices but it always seems like im trying to create Skynet haha

LeviathanKiller

Knee-shooting Archer
Reaction score

I swear half the time i conjure up an idea that technology cant even do haha.

i just want simple amp sounds and switching between 2 devices but it always seems like im trying to create Skynet haha

If the Line 6 Helix could do it, I'd have one of those controlling my Axe-Fx + Kemper rig. That would be convoluted. :lol:

DudeManBrother

Hey...how did everybody get in my room?
Reaction score
@lewis have you considered just selling the HD pro and floor board and grabbing a simple midi floor board like the FCB1010? I can’t remember any Pod HD effect I thought was better than the Kemper effects.

takotakumi

Reaction score
Forgot to post this, but I recently acquired a MIDI Mongoose to change presets and it's the best
footswitch for people like me who want something small, easy to program, and looks neat
They're currently back in stock, but when I tried getting one for the past months it was soldout or extremely hard to find.

It even fits the back cavity of the kemper :)

')