Kemper Profiling Amp Thread

JohnIce

Singlecoil Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like a new update has spring reverb finally. Based on a 1963 Fender tank, but looks like it’s very adjustable. Long overdue; but if it sounds great then well worth the wait.

Dunno if people have seen it, but there's a hefty reverb update coming next, and the Spring is just a teaser from it. I think I've been hearing August release but I could be wrong.

Either way, I'm so happy I stuck it out and didn't by a standalone reverb for $400. I "knew" after the big Delay update a few years back that this was gonna happen eventually, and now that it's here I honestly think those clips sound fantastic. Formant 3 is ridiculous :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

John

New album out now: https://goo.gl/PdPVYh
Reaction score
Here's some stuff that I recorded/reamped/mixed using my KPA here and there, along the way.

I... I'm so sorry:

cip 123

Reaction score
Anyone ever run a Torpedo Live with a Kemper?

LeviathanKiller

Knee-shooting Archer
Reaction score
why would you do that? you can use IRs with the kemper already, unless you mean you want to try wall of sound's cabs with the kemper...
Or unless you don't want to use Kemper's botched version of your IRs. They're truncated.
I'm still pissed about that. I always knew the sound was different from using the IRs externally, but then it was finally confirmed as to why and it made sense.
Kemper sounds way better running through an IR that's loaded in something else other than the Kemper itself.

KnightBrolaire

Pickup Connoisseur
Reaction score
Or unless you don't want to use Kemper's botched version of your IRs. They're truncated.
I'm still pissed about that. I always knew the sound was different from using the IRs externally, but then it was finally confirmed as to why and it made sense.
Kemper sounds way better running through an IR that's loaded in something else other than the Kemper itself.
yeah fair point. If that's the issue then use a free IR loader :shrug:

cip 123

Reaction score
why would you do that? you can use IRs with the kemper already, unless you mean you want to try wall of sound's cabs with the kemper...

Cause Cabs on the Kemper sound Sh*t.

They're alright for demos (I am using aftermarket ones) but nothing I'd use for final mixes...But I do see guys using Torpedo for mixes.

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

Reaction score
Ok... So I'm considering a Kemper. Do I understand correctly that you can profile amps directly so there's no cab involved? So I can choose a head and run it through my cab with no cabinet flavouring in between?

KnightBrolaire

Pickup Connoisseur
Reaction score
Ok... So I'm considering a Kemper. Do I understand correctly that you can profile amps directly so there's no cab involved? So I can choose a head and run it through my cab with no cabinet flavouring in between?
kind of. the whole way the kemper profiles is feeding a signal into the amp and out through a cab back to the kemper. you can do DIs but there's still a need for the interaction between cab/amp iirc

crankyrayhanky

Reaction score

Yes
There’s a di profile that takes it right from the amp (no cab)

I also have a TNL
It’s not “better” that Kemper cabs, but different
If you insist on using IRs, something like a TNL is better than converting the IR into the Kemper format

But Kemper as it is holds up really well, often better than other methods

DudeManBrother

Hey...how did everybody get in my room?
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just did a "10 Hi-Gain Amp Shootout" with my Kemper and my beloved ESP Viper. I hope you find it interesting! :)

Greetings,

Greg

Are these your own profiles? I definitely liked the mark IV best, followed by the JCM 800. Thanks for the vid though

')