Kemper Profiling Amp Thread

Bentaycanada

Reaction score
So I'm about to take the jump into the Kemper pool, purchasing a un-powered toaster head. I've owned Axe Fx Ultra, Atomic AFB and Line 6 Helix. I loved all of them for different reasons. I'm not a major effects user, I'm more into having the best tone possible.

What do I need to know going into this? Are their any good references I should read/watch in the mean time?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DudeManBrother

Hey...how did everybody get in my room?
Reaction score
It’s pretty intuitive I think. You can go to the Kemper Tutorials YouTube page for all the general tutorials and make an account on the Kemper forum to search for any specific questions you might have. Tonejunkie TV also has a pretty good YT channel for learning about some parameters more in depth, and how to apply them.

Bentaycanada

Reaction score
How are the Mesa Mark models? Specifically the IIC+ / IV models.

I find those amps to be the hardest for any digital platform to recreate.

KnightBrolaire

Pickup Connoisseur
Reaction score
How are the Mesa Mark models? Specifically the IIC+ / IV models.

I find those amps to be the hardest for any digital platform to recreate.
depends on the profiles and if you're running them into the stock cab, IRs or your own cab. some mkiii and mkiv profiles are really good (cili lab and pete turley's for example, black stymphalian is solid too) and some not so much. There's no real good IIC+ profiles from what I've played. Definitely check out the rig exchange before going down the paid profile rabbit hole.

Bentaycanada

Reaction score
depends on the profiles and if you're running them into the stock cab, IRs or your own cab. some mkiii and mkiv profiles are really good (cili lab and pete turley's for example, black stymphalian is solid too) and some not so much. There's no real good IIC+ profiles from what I've played.

Pete Turley? I used to buy MST mods from him back in '08-'10. Haha

KnightBrolaire

Pickup Connoisseur
Reaction score
Pete Turley? I used to buy MST mods from him back in '08-'10. Haha
his MK3 coliseum pack is excellent with good IRs or through your own cab. The stock cabs he uses with the profiles are solid, but not amazing. His fortin JVM410 pack is also really damn good. He's honestly one of my favorite commercial profilers besides sinmix. YMMV

Bentaycanada

Reaction score
his MK3 coliseum pack is excellent with good IRs or through your own cab. The stock cabs he uses with the profiles are solid, but not amazing. His fortin JVM410 pack is also really damn good. He's honestly one of my favorite commercial profilers besides sinmix. YMMV

Awesome, I didn't know he did that. I'll have a look now. He was always great to deal with back then, and his mods were 2nd to none in quality and tone!

Bentaycanada

Reaction score
Has anyone played the Lasse Lammert Big Pack?

If so, can you tell me what amps from his studio it features?

Does it feature a Marshall JCM 800 with Soldano Hot Mod?

Bentaycanada

Reaction score
Got it!

kemper.jpg

Bentaycanada

Reaction score
Shitchyeah buddy.

Lemme know what you think or if you’re underwhelmed...I know I was when I first fired it into headphones, there’s a trick to it.

I played thru it really quick before work. Interestingly enough there were a bunch of 3rd party profiles on there I wasn't expecting like Lasse Lammert, Ola Englund, and Keith Merrow.

I played a couple of the LL profiles (ChugChug and Mean B*stard), they were both insanely killer! Like I didn't need to do any tweaking, they sounded amazing right off the bat, and their response to my picking / feel was awesome. I instantly thought, "there's that missing 10% I felt with the Axe Fx Ultra".

I've got a lot of learning in front of me, but my initial response was very positive. Can't wait to try it thru a power amp + cab for that "in the room" feel.

mlancaster1

Reaction score
So I am thinking of purchasing a matrix power amp for my kemper, but I had a question about running the single monitor output into the amp. I wanted to run it parallel into the amp and then from the amp into two cabs. On the back of the power amp it says to use the socket marked with an X for bridged mono only, but could I use the socket A and B into two cabs even if I am running to kemper bridged into the amp?

DudeManBrother

Hey...how did everybody get in my room?
Reaction score
You can now run a stereo out (with cab sim off) into the Matrix A and B; and out to each cab. The last Kemper update allows for the Direct Out to link with Monitor Out now to effectively be Monitor Out 1&2. Otherwise I would probably chain from one cab to the next, assuming at least one of them has an in and out(cab extension). You can also probably dl the manual from the Matrix website to see if the outputs are parallel in X Mono mode.

Akhenat0n

Reaction score
PPs I need an advice......what am I supose to do if I want to connect my POD HD500 to act like a midi controller? In this case I would like to control the pitch shifting with the exp pedal on the POD. Tnx in advance

Bentaycanada

Reaction score
I checked out the free profiles from SinMix and Michael Britt today. Oh man, are they excellent!

The SinMix free metal pack comes with so many amp models (44, I think) that you could get by with them alone, without the need for any others. I especially liked the VHT Deliverance and Laboga Mr Hector profiles.

The Michael Britt free pack is a cover all bases collection of a dozen profiles. I loved the Cal Texas and Suhr models. They were incredible with both humbuckers and single coils. So touch responsive!

If you haven’t already, check them out!

lewis

Reaction score
I checked out the free profiles from SinMix and Michael Britt today. Oh man, are they excellent!

The SinMix free metal pack comes with so many amp models (44, I think) that you could get by with them alone, without the need for any others. I especially liked the VHT Deliverance and Laboga Mr Hector profiles.

The Michael Britt free pack is a cover all bases collection of a dozen profiles. I loved the Cal Texas and Suhr models. They were incredible with both humbuckers and single coils. So touch responsive!

If you haven’t already, check them out!

I MUST check the Mbritt out. Keep forgetting haha

Bentaycanada

Reaction score
Spent tonight with the SinMix Splawn QuickRod and ProMod profiles. They are dead on the money! Literally identical to playing Splawn amps.

I added a boost, cut the mids and had killer KSE tone down! Very impressive.

')