Kemper Profiling Amp Thread

Chrisesp

Reaction score
Hi Guys, I'm really considering a Kemper right now. I have a collection of amps that I love, to be precise- Mesa Mark III blue stripe, Bogner Uberschall, Framus Cobra, Mesa Dual rectifier roadster. The reality is that i spend most of my playing life in the bedroom and rarely get to crank my amps as intended. For convenience I use amp sims through my monitors most of the time. I do have a Suhr reactive load that i connect my amps too for recording and it sounds sick, but I'm contemplating selling it all and grabbing a Kemper instead. Has anyone made a similar move from lot's of nice amps to the Kemper? I had an Axe FX II a few months and was severely let down. I don't want to repeat this.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DudeManBrother

Hey...how did everybody get in my room?
Reaction score
Hi Guys, I'm really considering a Kemper right now. I have a collection of amps that I love, to be precise- Mesa Mark III blue stripe, Bogner Uberschall, Framus Cobra, Mesa Dual rectifier roadster. The reality is that i spend most of my playing life in the bedroom and rarely get to crank my amps as intended. For convenience I use amp sims through my monitors most of the time. I do have a Suhr reactive load that i connect my amps too for recording and it sounds sick, but I'm contemplating selling it all and grabbing a Kemper instead. Has anyone made a similar move from lot's of nice amps to the Kemper? I had an Axe FX II a few months and was severely let down. I don't want to repeat this.
Kinda sorta not really. I keep my tube amps, but profile them and play live and rehearse with the Kemper most of the time. The Kemper can do it all so you absolutely could make the switch. Many people have dumped their amps after grabbing one.

Bentaycanada

Reaction score
Sell just one of those amps and buy a Kemper, see if you like it. You can profile your other amps or see if a reputable profiler has similar tones that your prefer. This way you're not jumping in blind.

KnightBrolaire

Pickup Connoisseur
Reaction score
downloaded a bunch of random profiles over the last few nights from the rig exchange. Found some killer peters hydra and dual recto profiles. The hydra reminds me of the 5150 but a bit throatier, and it's definitely not helping my peters fsm gas.

Akhenat0n

Reaction score
I bought yesterday Bugera 333XL and Randall Satan packs from SinMix and I don't regret it one bit. That Satan pack alone is already enough when it comes to the high gain world.

Bentaycanada

Reaction score
I bought yesterday Bugera 333XL and Randall Satan packs from SinMix and I don't regret it one bit. That Satan pack alone is already enough when it comes to the high gain world.

The SinMix ProMSplawn is still my favourite profile. It’s just incredible! Their 5150 OlaEn is also one of the best out there!

lewis

Reaction score
the Reampzone and Sinmix packs are the best for modern tones. Especially for amps like the Satan etc

Reaction score
Hi Kemper owners! Looking for some advice: I got my Kemper in May and absolutely love it. I'm finally getting all the (mostly metal) tones that I've been searching for. I've been playing mostly through headphones, and sometimes through a cheap 2.1 gaming speaker system (which sounded fine for practicing and messing around). That speaker system just crapped the bed, so I'm thinking about another non-headphone solution. I'm on a budget, so looking at an FRFR like the Headrush or a set of studio monitors (I was considering Yamaha HS7s, but those new Kali Audio LP-6s look like a good budget choice for someone like me).

My question is: should I go the FRFR or monitor route? I have no plans to play out at this point, so I'm looking at the best solution for the room I practice in. I don't find myself craving that "amp in a room" feeling that so many people talk about—I enjoy what I get through my headphones just fine, would just like an option to get the same type of experience without having to wear them.

LeviathanKiller

Knee-shooting Archer
Reaction score
Hi Kemper owners! Looking for some advice: I got my Kemper in May and absolutely love it. I'm finally getting all the (mostly metal) tones that I've been searching for. I've been playing mostly through headphones, and sometimes through a cheap 2.1 gaming speaker system (which sounded fine for practicing and messing around). That speaker system just crapped the bed, so I'm thinking about another non-headphone solution. I'm on a budget, so looking at an FRFR like the Headrush or a set of studio monitors (I was considering Yamaha HS7s, but those new Kali Audio LP-6s look like a good budget choice for someone like me).

My question is: should I go the FRFR or monitor route? I have no plans to play out at this point, so I'm looking at the best solution for the room I practice in. I don't find myself craving that "amp in a room" feeling that so many people talk about—I enjoy what I get through my headphones just fine, would just like an option to get the same type of experience without having to wear them.

A set of studio monitors sound better than a PA of the same price in my experience.
I'd go for those unless you're wanting something more mobile

Bentaycanada

Reaction score
If you haven't already tried it, the Tonecrate monthly subscription is awesome!

Last months Rob Arnold (Chimaira) profile pack is the best 5150/6505 collection I've played!

This month's Alex Wade (Whitechapel) profile pack is an insane collection of 8 amps, including the Bogner Uberschall, Peavey Invective, Mesa Daul Rec, and Diezel Herbert, with several boosts like the Maxon OD808X and Fortin 33.

The Invective 33 profile is just crushing for 7 string, and is literally worth the $17 alone!

lewis

Reaction score

Last months Rob Arnold (Chimaira) profile pack is the best 5150/6505 collection I've played!

This month's Alex Wade (Whitechapel) profile pack is an insane collection of 8 amps, including the Bogner Uberschall, Peavey Invective, Mesa Daul Rec, and Diezel Herbert, with several boosts like the Maxon OD808X and Fortin 33.

The Invective 33 profile is just crushing for 7 string, and is literally worth the $17 alone!

Hey man. Funny you mention this as i was planning it next month.

I am only interested in the Rob Arnold and Alex wade packs. Could you explain how it works?.

Do i "sign up" for that $17. Download both packs and then cancel?

KnightBrolaire

Pickup Connoisseur
Reaction score
Hey man. Funny you mention this as i was planning it next month.

I am only interested in the Rob Arnold and Alex wade packs. Could you explain how it works?.

Do i "sign up" for that $17. Download both packs and then cancel?
it's monthly availability so the rob arnold pack and older packs aren't available anymore unless they rerelease them to the tone vault

DudeManBrother

Hey...how did everybody get in my room?
Reaction score

I had to add an EQ and setup the delay a little, but the Invective 33 is sick on 6 string D standard as well. I dig the Friedman JJ profiles as well. I’ve got the Alex Wade pack, but haven’t spent any time with it yet

Bentaycanada

Reaction score
I had to add an EQ and setup the delay a little, but the Invective 33 is sick on 6 string D standard as well. I dig the Friedman JJ profiles as well. I’ve got the Alex Wade pack, but haven’t spent any time with it yet

Did Tonecrate do Friedman JJ's? I don't think I have those.....

')