Kemper Profiling Amp Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nightlight

Reaction score
Passive speaker cab though?
Seems odd.

I was expecting these to plug in and have plenty of power then to do all their proper speaker wizardry.

All the speaker wizardry will be done on the Kemper side of things.

The speakers are also to be sold separately can even be put into any other cabinet of your choice.

lewis

Reaction score
All the speaker wizardry will be done on the Kemper side of things.

The speakers are also to be sold separately can even be put into any other cabinet of your choice.
is that using the current cab Kemper stuff, or will there be some sort of Kemper update that adds in the required cab stuff to work with these Kabs ?

DudeManBrother

Hey...how did everybody get in my room?
Reaction score
I’m assuming it’ll require an update. That kinda bums me out as I’ve had a very stable experience from way back at 1.X up through 5.X and don’t really want to update unless I have to. I plan on buying one speaker initially, which I’ll stick into my Mesa 112, for testing it out.

nightlight

Reaction score
is that using the current cab Kemper stuff, or will there be some sort of Kemper update that adds in the required cab stuff to work with these Kabs ?

It'll be a software update. Some
sort of DSP to approximate various speakers.

I’m assuming it’ll require an update. That kinda bums me out as I’ve had a very stable experience from way back at 1.X up through 5.X and don’t really want to update unless I have to. I plan on buying one speaker initially, which I’ll stick into my Mesa 112, for testing it out.

I'm thinking about getting one and sticking it in my Mesa Boogie Thiele cab as well. Unless of course the full cabinet is reasonably priced, in which case I'll get one or two.

Bentaycanada

Reaction score
Just got another Kemper. Reloaded all my favourite profiles and couldn’t be happier!

CA05E267-A7AF-4A55-AB29-C00CFCA36DED.jpeg

nightlight

Reaction score
This info got removed from the Kemper website, but I had already copied the text.

FYI:
Availability of the KEMPER Kabinet and also The KEMPER KONE as a replacement speaker for any existing guitar cab is expected towards the end of Q1 2020. The estimated price for the Kabinet in USD will be in the 450,- range, The KONE is expected to retail in the US for USD 165,-

lewis

Reaction score
This info got removed from the Kemper website, but I had already copied the text.

FYI:
Availability of the KEMPER Kabinet and also The KEMPER KONE as a replacement speaker for any existing guitar cab is expected towards the end of Q1 2020. The estimated price for the Kabinet in USD will be in the 450,- range, The KONE is expected to retail in the US for USD 165,-

Thats really cheap for the speaker imo. Could pick up the cheap Harley benton cab (2x12) and then add these

Bentaycanada

Reaction score

FYI:

I was thinking about new speakers for my 212. This looks like just the ticket!

Last edited:

nightlight

Reaction score
Hey guys, I made a an entry in the Neural DSP competition that's on right. Used my Kemper for some of the guitar parts, have a listen! The tones are my own and are on the Rig Exchange.

MoistTowelette

Reaction score
I finally got a Kemper. It got it in the mail today. I hate to admit it, but I like the Kemper more than the axe fx 3. The kemper feels more like a real amp to me. Now I've gotta find some good profiles. Does anyone have suggestions for where I can find good engl savage or KSR profiles?

LeviathanKiller

Knee-shooting Archer
Reaction score
I finally got a Kemper. It got it in the mail today. I hate to admit it, but I like the Kemper more than the axe fx 3. The kemper feels more like a real amp to me. Now I've gotta find some good profiles. Does anyone have suggestions for where I can find good engl savage or KSR profiles?

WHILE I DISAGREE WITH THAT ASSESSMENT... :lol:

Double Impact Productions
ReampZone
and my #1 favorite = Josh Middleton

Those were my favorite profiles I used when I owned a Kemper

Also, stay away from STL Tones. They really suck imo. Pretty sure there's others in here who will agree. Especially given their price.

DudeManBrother

Hey...how did everybody get in my room?
Reaction score

Our fellow SSO member @Dead-Pan makes some sick profiles. Check the sound clips of his KSR Ares pack.

')