Kemper Profiling Amp Thread

FAiRLiGHT

GUiTAR ADDiCT
Reaction score
Maybe you could be interested by the profile i made after shooting this video

The song has been recorded with the JVM but i thought it's a good idea to store that sound in my kemper :D

I can share the profile if you want :)

Since i got some likes (thx guys) i understand you're interested :D

You can find my profile on rig exchange with the keyword "mangeduponey"
The rig is called "JVM 7S (MDP-RMP)"

I hope you'll enjoy that profile :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Alex6534

Reaction score
Hey guys :) I should be joining the kemper club within the next week! :shred: What amp profiles would you recommend on rig exchange? I play a 7620 in b standard, really wanting to find a good 5153, uberschall and 5150 tone, also any ac30/fender twins would be amazing.

no_dice

a very bad old bear
Reaction score
Hey guys :) I should be joining the kemper club within the next week! :shred: What amp profiles would you recommend on rig exchange? I play a 7620 in b standard, really wanting to find a good 5153, uberschall and 5150 tone, also any ac30/fender twins would be amazing.

A few of my favorites are Sacha's 5153, Ueberschall and Roadster, Thumas' 5153, Chris Munday's Cobra Crunch, and someone profiled an Axe FX tone match of a Framus Cobra that I like quite a bit.

I haven't tried many AC-30 or Twin profiles. There's a decent Twin from The Amp Factory that comes stock on the unit now. For some nice cleans, check out the Morgan AC20 and the Hiwatt 100 clean.

col

blah.
Reaction score

My fav 5153 are the ones that theampfactory.com sells. For freebies Mudrocks uberschall and Dirk Goodings 6505+ profiles.

Quitty

Hates 'mojo'
Reaction score
My fav 5153 are the ones that theampfactory.com sells. For freebies Mudrocks uberschall and Dirk Goodings 6505+ profiles.

Damn. I want to get the pack so bad, but i just can't justify getting the whole cat in the sack just for one or two amps, especially as there's no bloody way of hearing them before...

col

blah.
Reaction score
Damn. I want to get the pack so bad, but i just can't justify getting the whole cat in the sack just for one or two amps, especially as there's no bloody way of hearing them before...

Are you sure you're not confusing this to the other site that sells profiles?

TheAmpFactory has clips of every profile they sell, and they sell single profiles for £4.99.

Quitty

Hates 'mojo'
Reaction score
Are you sure you're not confusing this to the other site that sells profiles?

TheAmpFactory has clips of every profile they sell, and they sell single profiles for £4.99.

I thought the 5153 was only part of the metal pack?
Meaning no samples and a price tag ten times that.

Alex6534

Reaction score
A few of my favorites are Sacha's 5153, Ueberschall and Roadster, Thumas' 5153, Chris Munday's Cobra Crunch, and someone profiled an Axe FX tone match of a Framus Cobra that I like quite a bit.

I haven't tried many AC-30 or Twin profiles. There's a decent Twin from The Amp Factory that comes stock on the unit now. For some nice cleans, check out the Morgan AC20 and the Hiwatt 100 clean.

Cheers bud, any idea what amp factory profiles come pre-installed with the kemper? May be ordering one tomorrow, the lunchbox model though, there aren't any differences besides the casing between the lunchbox and rack version is there?

Quitty

Hates 'mojo'
Reaction score
Cheers bud, any idea what amp factory profiles come pre-installed with the kemper? May be ordering one tomorrow, the lunchbox model though, there aren't any differences besides the casing between the lunchbox and rack version is there?

No difference.
Amp factory stockies: Dual rec, Evil Robot, Thunderverb, Fender Twinolux, Blues Jr, Twin, Deluxe and vibroking and Princeton, Morgan Dual, Fargen Retro, Hiwatt, TSL, JTM, 1987x, Matchless Chieftain, JCM800, EVH5150.
None of which is truly an 'amp factory' experience, as it's just one profile of each, and only the 1987x really blew my roof.

Alex6534

Reaction score
^By the way, for the 5153 I think for the Metal Producers pack Andy redone the amp models.

Alex6534

Reaction score
So who here uses it live? An what profiles do you use? I should be receiving my Kemper tomorrow and using it for Sunday's rehearsal then a gig on Friday. Didn't realise Dino, Unearth, Whitechapel, August Burns Red and.....Black Veil Brides :ugh: use the Kemper live.

Quitty

Hates 'mojo'
Reaction score

ramses

Guitar/pizza regular
Contributor
Reaction score
Finally joined the Kemper club!

Let me see if I can create a good profile of my V3M, and Fulltone Full-Drive 2.

Alex6534

Reaction score
Thanks for the all the suggestions on profiles, got my Kemper today and I think myself and the surrounding neighbourhood can now officially be classed as deaf :lol:.

Question, has anyone tried Soundside's profiles? I'm particularly interested in the bundle including the Diezel VH4, Dual Rec, Roadster, Mark V and Dark Terror. They do seem `expensive` compared to the other commercial rigs, but just wondering how good they actually are? £50 is a fair bit to drop after spending so much on the KPA :lol:

flint757

Reaction score
Haven't heard of them. I'd screw with the free ones before throwing down cash.

Quitty

Hates 'mojo'
Reaction score
Haven't heard of them. I'd screw with the free ones before throwing down cash.

QFT.

Armin's (soundside.de) profiles are rumored to be raw, but very tweakable.
Personally, i think the prices he charges are... Uncompetitive.
His main advantage is that you're supposedly getting the whole amp - whole range of settings - while with Andy's offerings (Amp Factory) you're only getting what Andy thought were sweet-spots.

Either way, i suggest you browse through this thread.
Yes, all of it :lol:
It's been discussed :)

And congrats!

ramses

Guitar/pizza regular
Contributor
Reaction score
People ... I have only spent 15 minutes with my Kemper ... am still trying to pick up my jaw off the floor; actually, I think I lost it.

')