Kemper Profiling Amp Thread

FAiRLiGHT

GUiTAR ADDiCT
Reaction score
I made an entry to a solo competition started by Ola

Nothing to win, it's just for fun. I'm posting this here because i used the "Duck Lead Love" profile of my Kemper, i thought you guys may be interested :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

flint757

Reaction score
I did try the TS112A, for me the TS115A just had a more `cab` like feel and I felt it handled the low B a bit better, SOMETIMES it can seem a tiny bit boomy but that's easy to tweak.

Tried the Kemper today at rehearsals, I used Keith Merrow's Jeff Loomis 5150 III and....I'm stunned! This thing absolutely crushes! For rhythm and lead it's just incredible. Didn't have my FCB1010 yet so had to just use the volume knob to clean up, not a bad thing as it just showed how dynamic and responsive this thing is. On a side note, does anyone know when performance mode will be implemented?

You going to get the new UNO chip made for the Kemper?

Alex6534

Reaction score
You going to get the new UNO chip made for the Kemper?

Wait, what? Never heard of this :lol: fill me in! I plan on getting the FCB1010 midi controller, an the UNO chip for that, if this is what you're talking about.

capoeiraesp

Reaction score
Oo yeah! The mail man just came by work with some boxes for me!!!!

Alex6534

Reaction score
Actually I'm not sure if it is going to be done by UNO, but it will follow the same principle. Here are the links, it hasn't been released yet.

FCB1010 new Firmware - Questions and answers about Kemper Profiler - Kemper Amps Forum

KEMPER-FCB

I'll definitely be holding out for that....Surely if they had it at Musikmesse then it shouldn't be too long before they bring out a commercial, stable version. That will save a lot of headaches setting up the standard UNO chip with the Kemper.

So who has tried out Keith Merrow's Rig Pack? The main one I'm using currently is Loomis's 5153, live it sounded great! The others will be useful for recording though.

Also, what interface is everyone using? I'm looking at getting this one:

Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 USB Audio Interface | Red Dog Music

Mostly because I have £160 store credit in there :lol: but it does seem to have everything I need, then again, I'm a level 1 nOOb at all this, so any info on the unit (or one in a similar price range) would be much appreciated.

no_dice

a very bad old bear
Reaction score
Actually I'm not sure if it is going to be done by UNO, but it will follow the same principle. Here are the links, it hasn't been released yet.

FCB1010 new Firmware - Questions and answers about Kemper Profiler - Kemper Amps Forum

KEMPER-FCB

Interesting news, for sure. I still haven't set up my FCB-1010 (UnO loaded) to use with my KPA, partially because of laziness (I don't really NEED foot control for playing at home), and partially because I have no way to connect it to my PC.

VESmedic

Reaction score
I'll definitely be holding out for that....Surely if they had it at Musikmesse then it shouldn't be too long before they bring out a commercial, stable version. That will save a lot of headaches setting up the standard UNO chip with the Kemper.

So who has tried out Keith Merrow's Rig Pack? The main one I'm using currently is Loomis's 5153, live it sounded great! The others will be useful for recording though.

Mostly because I have £160 store credit in there :lol: but it does seem to have everything I need, then again, I'm a level 1 nOOb at all this, so any info on the unit (or one in a similar price range) would be much appreciated.

Km top romulan with no eq on, boost on and definition up is one of my go to profiles, and is one of the best sounding cabs available... I feel sorry for those who haven't found this gem of a cab yet ;)

ara_

Reaction score

I use the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2, and I researched the differences between the Scarlett models beforehand, they all have the same hardware inside (-> the same sound). I only record my guitar, so I don't really need more than two inputs. Just FYI.

What are you guys running your Kempers through?

I use an Alto TS115A at home, my band practices in my drummers bedroom with everyone but the drummer going direct so I don't need it there.

I only had one gig so far, I didn't bring the Alto and just went direct and everything was fine (I got loads of compliments on my tone too, but that may have been because we were the first band and the soundguy was constantly drinking...)

capoeiraesp

Reaction score
Deadly rig!
What have you got it running through?

Edit: just looked closer. How is it through the atomic?

trent6308

Reaction score
Deadly rig!
What have you got it running through?

Edit: just looked closer. How is it through the atomic?

Yeah, running through a couple of atomic powered cabs. Sounds good but haven't got anything to compare it to since I sold my passive cabs and power amp.

I haven't read the manual yet but have had a play with the buttons and pretty much found a solid metal rhythm tone within a few minutes.

It's funny. I never liked my dual recto but always love the models of that amp :scratch:

Sorry about the crap photo.

flint757

Reaction score
Yeah, running through a couple of atomic powered cabs. Sounds good but haven't got anything to compare it to since I sold my passive cabs and power amp.

I haven't read the manual yet but have had a play with the buttons and pretty much found a solid metal rhythm tone within a few minutes.

It's funny. I never liked my dual recto but always love the models of that amp :scratch:

Sorry about the crap photo.

Mesa's are nitpicky. When I had my Triple Rec I had to blow my ear drums to get a good sound. With a modeller that isn't a factor, maybe that's why.

I have Focal CMS 60s and the interface is a Saffire PRO 14 (firewire). Works well for me :)

I wanted the focals, but they went up by like $300.

')