Kemper Profiling Amp Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

PBGas

Reaction score
Is there any general consensus as to whether the built in power amp is worth the extra money? is 600 watts of solid state enough power for playing through a cab for bass? I'm sure it'd be enough for guitar. What is everyone liking for a power amp?

YES! Totally! I went with the powered rack in my case. I had a suitcase when it first came out.

It gives me lots of options....run through some type of speaker cab or passive FRFR or even a bass cabinet to have some fun.

All in all, a very high quality piece and very LOUD!

:shred:

flyingV

probably drunk
Reaction score
NEW FIRMWARE 2.4.0 Beta !!!

Kemper Profiler Operating System 2.4.0 Public Beta

This firmware introduces the following new features and fixes.

Audio

- changed: Cab parameters are more authentic and do not influence direct profiles nor CabDriver anymore.

User Interface

- changed: revised rig, amplifier, and cabinet tagging
- added: new tag ‘Instrument’ enabling to differentiate between rigs for guitar and bass
- added: rating option while previewing via Rig Manager
- added: names of enabled slots get displayed during performance pre-selection
- fixed: compatibility with old rig files while previewing via Rig Manager
- fixed: ‘threshold’ instead of ‘treshold’
- fixed: sens (sensitivity) instead of sense
- fixed: amplitude of Studio Equalizer and Metal Equalizer corrected to +-12 dB
- fixed: deleting rigs with MIDI assignments via Rig Manager doesn’t cause hang anymore

Source: http://www.kemper-amps.com/page/render/lang/en/p/170/do/Kemper_Profiling_Amplifier___Downloads.html

Moo

Reaction score
Uhm does anyone know of any PSR Archon-Profiles? I can't seem to find any and I'd like to try that beast out :D!

PBGas

Reaction score
Uhm does anyone know of any PSR Archon-Profiles? I can't seem to find any and I'd like to try that beast out :D!

It will probably take a while to get one of those as the amp was just released this year. Hopefully sooner than later!

:)

Lokasenna

Reaction score
I recently found the ideal cab that gives me the exact voicing I want, and so I have locked that cab into being the default cab for every amp I use. Has anyone else locked their cab because it is just the right one for you?

I don't have it locked, since it's always nice to hear the original cab first, but I almost always end up going with the 1960 from Lasse's pack.

wilch

Reaction score
2.5.0 is out now.

I recently tried the Rigmanager and was surprised at how well it works! Makes previewing the thousands of profiles on the Kemper site so easy.

20francesco11

Reaction score
News for all the guys who were also waiting for a profile of the prs archon. Someone has uploaded one profile to the Rig Exchange.

Jacksonluvr636

Reaction score
Forgive me for asking this. I'm sure it's here but 50 pages wow!!!

Thinking of buying a Kemper. Will record but it's mainly for live use.

What are you all using live? Want to get some power to try and keep a "tube amp feel"

Powered monitors? Power amp and guitar cab?

What are some of the best methods?

edsped

Reaction score
Live I just use a small Port City 1x12 OS cab for stage volume and run the Kemper direct through the PA. The cab also is very loud and big sounding so I can still keep up with my other guitarist's 5150 rig if we're not mic'd. This is with a PowerHead.

the.godfather

Mr. Flibble
Reaction score
New toaster user here guys. Proof.

2014-08-26172604.jpg

I absolutely ADORE this thing. Best bit of gear I've purchased. Any top recommendations profile/rig wise? As a mac user the OSX Rig Manager couldn't have come at a better time! Loving the PRS Archon profile.

Lokasenna

Reaction score
I forget if they're on the Rig Exchange or separately on the forum, but Till's pack includes a bi-amped profile of a Marshall and Engl... pair that thing with the cabs from the Lasse rigs you already have and you're ....ing SET.

col

blah.
Reaction score
Any top recommendations profile/rig wise? As a mac user the OSX Rig Manager couldn't have come at a better time! Loving the PRS Archon profile.

I have '95 2ch Dual Racktifier and Mako Dorado profiles under the nick "nakedzen" on the exchange, you might like them. The ones labeled "DR R OD9..." are my go-to ones. You can download them directly from here: http://coraxo-official.com/gear/

Then Lothars 5150 III profiles here, profiles by Thumas and Dirk Gooding (and I'm sure there's more). For commercial the 5150 profiles by SinMix are awesome.

Lokasenna

Reaction score
The only thing I've found is that, with pretty much all of them, you get a bit of a "whistling" resonance somewhere around 8-10kHz. Nothing some post EQ can't fix, but it's kinda weird that they all do it. Aside from that, though, they're easily the chuggiest, most in-the-room cabs I've found.

Quitty

Hates 'mojo'
Reaction score
I suddenly realized i haven't swapped cabs in a long, long while.
Is it just me, or has the level of published profiles increased dramatically the past couple of months?..

Latest posts

')