Kemper Profiling Amp Thread

capoeiraesp

Reaction score
I'll tend to it this weekend. Hopefully you like it as much as I do.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

trent6308

Reaction score
I've only found a decent set for VH4 but they are over at Amps | The Amp Factory...Sounds of the past, present and future Its a 10 pack and it costs something like £4.99 for the pack. I used it all the time till Ola, Keith, and Fluff tossed out their profiles which I haven't used it since.

The Fluff profile are beastly. I played for over an hour on his profiles alone last night. My recent profile discoveries have sealed the deal for me. I'll probably move my Axe Fx on.....

capoeiraesp

Reaction score
For those who were curious about the VH4 profile it was from user 'r_u_sirius'

FAiRLiGHT

GUiTAR ADDiCT
Reaction score
it's the first profile i've downloaded, i love it ! Sounds really great

Alex6534

Reaction score
Got a bit of a dilemma setting up SPDIF with Reaper for recording and reamping...

I have two SPDIF cables,
one going from the kemper OUT to the Roland Quad Capture coaxial IN
Kemper IN going into the Quad Capture OUT
then I have the software for the Quad Capture with the DIGITAL OUT as WAVE OUT 3/4

Kemper wise I have SPDIF input selected (weird high pitch noise...)
Output I have SPDIF to Gtr/stack or mono depending.

I'm not sure how to set up Reaper so I can have one dry track and one wet/profiled track playing/recording at the same time, if someone could give me a hand it would be much appreciated :). Can't wait to use this thing for my upcoming EP :D

Andless

Reaction score
Got a bit of a dilemma setting up SPDIF with Reaper for recording and reamping...

I have two SPDIF cables,
one going from the kemper OUT to the Roland Quad Capture coaxial IN
Kemper IN going into the Quad Capture OUT
then I have the software for the Quad Capture with the DIGITAL OUT as WAVE OUT 3/4

Kemper wise I have SPDIF input selected (weird high pitch noise...)
Output I have SPDIF to Gtr/stack or mono depending.

I'm not sure how to set up Reaper so I can have one dry track and one wet/profiled track playing/recording at the same time, if someone could give me a hand it would be much appreciated :). Can't wait to use this thing for my upcoming EP :D

You connect the Direct Output/Send on the Kemper with an ¼ inch TS unbalanced cable to your interface to capture the dry signal.

The wet signal goes throu SPDIF output from the kemper to one track in Reaper, the dry signal to a another one. In other words, you capture the output from SPDIF and an analog out at the same time.

If you want to re-amp your dry track later, you will have to send the dry track from reaper to the Kempers SPDIF in, and record the output of the Kempers SPDIF out on a third track in Reaper.

Hope this helps.

sage

twerk twerk thall
Reaction score
The Kemper Rack. Who's rocking one? Is it OK to chuck it and a Velocity 300 in a 4 space rack or will there be cooling issues with that? Would you put the V300 in the top space so it doesn't heat the KPA from the bottom? I know heat travels in all directions and that my wooden rack box is probably not going to be the best thing for allowing heat to transfer through it.

Unrelated, how are you finding the tuner on the KPA? I'm spoiled rotten by my Peterson Strobostomp. I love that thing and no other onboard tuner has been able to replace it, but I'd sure like to keep my board limited to the Ground Control Pro and a Mission expression pedal. After years of lugging around monster pedal boards, I'm looking to go minimalist style. Well, as minimalist as a 15 button footswitch will allow, anyway.

Quitty

Hates 'mojo'
Reaction score
Unrelated, how are you finding the tuner on the KPA? I'm spoiled rotten by my Peterson Strobostomp. I love that thing and no other onboard tuner has been able to replace it, but I'd sure like to keep my board limited to the Ground Control Pro and a Mission expression pedal. After years of lugging around monster pedal boards, I'm looking to go minimalist style. Well, as minimalist as a 15 button footswitch will allow, anyway.

Tuner's good. Not spectacular, but good. Does a very, very good job with a 7th string.
Another advantage to using it is that it's always on, so if you can i'd learn to deal with it.
I will say that the KPA is really, really accentuating tuning issues through studio monitors - more so than anything i've ever played.
Either that or my hearing has been vastly improving since i stopped cranking tube amps :lol:

Michael Mc

Reaction score
Just got my KPA yesterday, this thing is incredible! Much, much better than any software plugin i've ever used.

I'm actually surprised how good it sounds going straight into the analog inputs of my apogee duet (no digital in)

Andless

Reaction score
Just got my KPA yesterday, this thing is incredible! Much, much better than any software plugin i've ever used.

I'm actually surprised how good it sounds going straight into the analog inputs of my apogee duet (no digital in)

Congrats!

Some of the factory profiles are excellent, and for high gain and bass amp profiles i can recommend going to the community. Haven't checked out the amp factory commercial profiles yet, but it is on my to-do list.

It is not necessary to go digital in if you have decent interface, just more convenient I guess.

wilch

Reaction score
I'm tempted to buy a new interface to replace the Presonus 22VSL. Maybe it is the reason why the tones everyone else seems to be happy with sound fizzy to my ears.

It also doesn't have any digital in's, and Presonus seem to not give a crap about Windows users (known driver bug and no update since first quarter last year), as well as ASIO just not working properly on win7 x64.

Thinking about getting a Roland Quad Capture and running the digital input. Does anyone else have any experience with these (or the Octa Capture) with the Kemper?

Michael Mc

Reaction score
Congrats!

Some of the factory profiles are excellent, and for high gain and bass amp profiles i can recommend going to the community. Haven't checked out the amp factory commercial profiles yet, but it is on my to-do list.

It is not necessary to go digital in if you have decent interface, just more convenient I guess.

Yeah, i've been scrolling the presets with a big smile on my face :) I think the ola Englund triple recto patch did it for me, been using it all day to record. It's funny listening back to your music played through this thing, it just sounds unbelievably good.

')