Kemper Profiling Amp Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

The Rastatute

Reaction score
My kemper toaster came in and im in love. The hype is real and it feels great to play. Im digging all the lasse lamert profiles and i cant wait to get time to dig through rig exchange and other places for profiles

Andless

Reaction score
My kemper toaster came in and im in love. The hype is real and it feels great to play. Im digging all the lasse lamert profiles and i cant wait to get time to dig through rig exchange and other places for profiles

:agreed:

The Grail in the LL pack is my current go-to all-rounder hi-gain profile.

20francesco11

Reaction score
Can anyone of you recommend a high quality commercial high gain profile pack? Some good mesas and diezels would be nice. Trying to achieve a Architects kind of sound. I already bought 2 packs but in the end I always go back to Lasses profiles as they just sound way better to me.

TasmanSam

Reaction score
Can anyone of you recommend a high quality commercial high gain profile pack? Some good mesas and diezels would be nice. Trying to achieve a Architects kind of sound. I already bought 2 packs but in the end I always go back to Lasses profiles as they just sound way better to me.

I can't go past the Lasse pack either anymore, it's so damn good.

wilch

Reaction score
For anyone who doesn't know how to save a cab, just go into the cab menu and press the save button and then choose the name, you can then select the cab for anything else.

Thank you! I've never tried changing cabs before. Will try this tonight.

Moo

Reaction score
What are your favourite cabs besides Lasse Lammert's ones?

Somehow everybody on the internet is swooning over till's cabs but most of all I'm not satisfied and i can't decide which ones to pick for further tweaking - any tips?

Most of the time I use the CAB of a TAPP Marzian D - Profile or a TAPP Icarus which can be found on their website - its awesome but I'd like to have a few more options to color the sound of my favourite amps/distortion charakteristics because all the profiles I use those cabs on sound really similar (which is because of the mentioned 80-90% Influcence of Cab and Mic to the overall sound on the Kemper)

Robrecht

Overall weird person
Reaction score
Are you guys following the Kemper Foot Controller rumours on the Kemper forum? Apparently people visiting the current demo/clinic tour in European guitar shops are getting some info out of the Kemper representatives there.

little_harry said:
So here is the latest news about the KFC from the "Kemper Profiler Tour 2014" event in Oslo

• The pedal will arrive late this year or maybe early next year.
  • It will not have any expressions pedals included, but of course you can connect pedals (i think he said 4)
  • It will have 5 buttons in first row (and i think it was 5 in second row), up and down button, and a tap button.
  • It will be possible to make a button to change more than one stomp.
  • It will have a looper

I always thought the looper would be implemented in the KPA itself, with the forthcoming foot controller being specifically configured to control it, but this makes it sound like the foot controller will have the actual hardware for the looper (which would mean the digitized sound will be sent back and forth through the single CAT cable connecting the unit).

The other points are in line with the smaller one of the two designs that were posted two years ago. CK already explained back then that one button will be able to control more than one stomp (with the multiple colour coded leds for each button indicating their functions).

floorboard_v2_800.png

Apparently they have a fully functional prototype but are still working on production and distribution. It will be over 400€ but cheaper than the AxeFX foot controller.

Aris_T

Reaction score
I was following it, as I'm looking for a small midi controller to replace my POD XT live.
But...
It was made clear to me that it will be KPA specific and not midi, so I lost interest.
Never really cared about the looper (already have a Ditto, that covers me), but it's a great feature to have.

Still waiting for an official word from Kemper though, as I keep procrastinating on the purchase of the Gordious Little Giant (I use the writing of my thesis as an excuse). So if the KFC comes out before my deadline, I may actually look into it with an open mind.

JohnIce

Singlecoil Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will most likely be getting that. If for no other reason for the fact that the treacherous bank switches are well out of the way when switching presets :lol: So many times I've gone for an epic mountain top solo, slammed my foot on the switch and ended up with the clean patch from bank 16... :ugh:

4 EXP pedals is also awesome. I find a pedal to be better than buttons for many uses besides the obvious wah and whammy etc.

TasmanSam

Reaction score
It's the cabs I kid you not. Go save the cabinet from chug chug and try it on other amps. That cabinet has made 90% of the other profiles I have sound tremendously better for my tastes.

For anyone who doesn't know how to save a cab, just go into the cab menu and press the save button and then choose the name, you can then select the cab for anything else.

Thats exactly what I did :lol: my main live patch at the moment is a diezel VH4 through that cab, it sounds godly,

Kharem

Reaction score
So after about 6 months with my kemper and playing with the idea of picking up something like an od808 to run in front of it, and actually messaged a couple guys selling 808's but just missed out on them, and the other day picked up a used dead horse. This things incredible with the kemper, so much better than the built in od's, for boosting a high gain amp at least. I haven't tweaked it much yet, and only tied it with a couple profile so far, so still yet to see most of what it can do but incredibly impressed at the moment. How I have it set up at the moment I just turned off the od block and put this in front, tighter, chunkier, a lot more character to each different profile but most notably ridiculously clear and clean. I've been able to back my gates off quite a bit more than I had them initially and its still worlds clearer and sharper than using the built in od.
Might be interesting to compare to some other proper pedals instead of just the built in ones, but really happy with it at the moment.

Dead-Pan

Reaction score
I have an od808, od808x, od9pro+ and a Hardwire CM-2. All are awesome with the Kemper and have their own personality.

od9pro+ is capable of crushing low palm mutes in the likes of Acacia Strain etc.

od808 is a classic boost with the mid hump. Helps get that older raw Recto/5150 tone.

od808x is a bit more refined than the original has slightly more lows, less mids and a ton more highs. Plus it has more output which is helpful for lower power pickups and metal. Really like this pedal, super tight!

cm-2 is a mix of all of these as it has treble, bass controls along with the modified switch and a ton of output. The bad for this pedal is it has a slightly digital sound to it. I like the pedal and it is a great versatile piece but the high end is slightly artificial for me.

PBGas

Reaction score
It's pretty obvious they are saving that footboard for Namm. If they are pricing that around 350$ then it will be a decent offering. Looking forward to it!

ThrustTony

Reaction score
Please can I have some recommendations for an active pa speaker/monitor to use with a Kemper?

I've decided to buy a Kemper in January so now all I need to decide on is a speaker.

I'm after a speaker I can use as a cab for practice and a monitor live.

Something loud enough for practice (maybe 1000w?)

Something that doesn't colour the sound a lot.

Not mega money but any suggestions would be good so I can check them all out.

Latest posts

')