Kemper Profiling Amp Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DudeManBrother

Hey...how did everybody get in my room?
Reaction score
https://instaud.io/2PLR

I was messing around with the Fortin Nameless profiles that someone uploaded on the RI. I think this was “Fortin 4” from his pack. A lot of them were no good for me, but this one was good enough to tweak to my liking.
I used my 7 (B std) with BKP Aftermath’s. Ive never written a song like this before, but it was totally off the cuff and I was just winging every part.

Bentaycanada

Reaction score
So I played on my recently purchased SinMix Mesa Mark V pack today, and oh man does it ever nail my old V35 Mk IV tones. Like seriously!

The was a way my V35 sounded with my 7 string that was just perfect, and we've all had that moment where the tone is just right and everything just flies off the fret board.

Well the SinMix pack has that nailed to the f*ing wall.

KnightBrolaire

Meth Detal
Reaction score
So I played on my recently purchased SinMix Mesa Mark V pack today, and oh man does it ever nail my old V35 Mk IV tones. Like seriously!

The was a way my V35 sounded with my 7 string that was just perfect, and we've all had that moment where the tone is just right and everything just flies off the fret board.

Well the SinMix pack has that nailed to the f*ing wall.
sinmix's direct pack was my go to, he makes some killer profiles.

Reaction score
A set of studio monitors sound better than a PA of the same price in my experience.
I'd go for those unless you're wanting something more mobile

Thanks for the advice! My new studio monitors arrived today (the Kalis I mentioned). They sound great—just what I was looking for!

Bentaycanada

Reaction score
Victory amps released official Kemper profile packs today!

I picked up the VX Kraken and it's pretty damn amazing with both my 6 & 7 strings! Beyond worth the 4.99GBP I paid for it!

Flappydoodle

Reaction score
Victory amps released official Kemper profile packs today!

I picked up the VX Kraken and it's pretty damn amazing with both my 6 & 7 strings! Beyond worth the 4.99GBP I paid for it!

£4.99 is super cheap at least, but I really don't like the sound of those at all. Clean tones were quite nice, but it's hard to sound bad when loaded with so many effects. The distorted tones though... yuck.

Not sure whether it's the profiles, or I just don't like Victory amps. I've never played one, and Bea didn't provide any clips of the actual amps profiles.

Bentaycanada

Reaction score
£4.99 is super cheap at least, but I really don't like the sound of those at all. Clean tones were quite nice, but it's hard to sound bad when loaded with so many effects. The distorted tones though... yuck.

Not sure whether it's the profiles, or I just don't like Victory amps. I've never played one, and Bea didn't provide any clips of the actual amps profiles.

Weird. I picked up the Kraken and love it! It’s very representative of the real amp. Marshall-ish on channel 1, and 5150-ish on channel 2. I plugged in again yesterday, and could lent have been happier. Different strokes I guess!

DudeManBrother

Hey...how did everybody get in my room?
Reaction score
I think the output/listening medium plays into the overall experience as well. Certain packs can sound so awesome with a guitar cab that sound funky through FRFR/PA or vice versa. I put in the feature request for a parametric EQ in the Cab section to really help most of that issue, so hopefully CK can get that rolling.

John

New album out now: https://goo.gl/PdPVYh
Reaction score
Here's a sampler of some stuff I recorded and mixed on my own. Featuring some Kemper (and Axe-FX) stuff:

Akhenat0n

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend or share a good MARK IV/JP-2C profile? Are there any good free ones?

takotakumi

Reaction score
Anybody know why the sudden increase in tonecrate?
I remember when it first came out it was $10 but now its $17?
Just curious cause I've been wanting those Rob Maramonte tones for a while

')