Kemper Profiling Amp Thread

DudeManBrother

Hey...how did everybody get in my room?
Reaction score
Any reviews on the Replicant Audio Meshuggah Fortin pack?
I forgot all about that pack. It’s on sale for $50 right now. Not bad for 50 profiles. I might grab it next week when I have my Kemper back at home.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Flick

Reaction score
I forgot all about that pack. It’s on sale for $50 right now. Not bad for 50 profiles. I might grab it next week when I have my Kemper back at home.

I just went for it. Lot of really tight sounding metal tones. There were a few that were boosted beyond what I could use. The Fortin-All In is my favorite so far. Great tone from the start. Easily tweakable.

DudeManBrother

Hey...how did everybody get in my room?
Reaction score
I wondered how many would have grind/33 baked into the capture. That’s the same issue I have with a lot of boosted profiles. When I palm mute they get really quacky. I prefer no boost and I will cut low end with the studio eq where necessary.

Flick

Reaction score
I wondered how many would have grind/33 baked into the capture. That’s the same issue I have with a lot of boosted profiles. When I palm mute they get really quacky. I prefer no boost and I will cut low end with the studio eq where necessary.

I’m with you 100%. I like to cut low end to get to a tight tone. The weird mid bumps in boosts don’t work for me at all.

SloeGin

Reaction score
Just received the toaster today. Couldn’t tell the difference between the JP2C and the profile. There was even a Driftwood Purple Nightmare profile on the rig exchange that is absolutely crushing.
How do you use the Kemper? What cab or monitor do you use it with?
Thanks!

Flick

Reaction score
How do you use the Kemper? What cab or monitor do you use it with?
Thanks!

At home, I am running it through a 2x12 vertical Mesa cab. I’ll do the same at band rehearsal. Live, I will go direct to front of house.

nateispro

Reaction score

Here is another video of my DC800 with the Omega Amps profiles. This is just the Obsidian on all tracks. I only purchased the D.I pack and use a Marshall 1960 cab from replicant audio. No extra eq on these either, I just boosted the presence, highs and mids and scooped the lows slightly!

ikarus

Reaction score
I got 2 questions for you Kemper pros:

1) How do you set your level (db) for the main out? and what about the distortion sense?

2) Do you alter the commercial profiles at all? i mean it doesnt react to changes like the Axe Fx? How much tweaking is acceptable?

benvigil

Reaction score
2) Do you alter the commercial profiles at all? i mean it doesnt react to changes like the Axe Fx? How much tweaking is acceptable?
It doesn't matter how the AxeFX or the Helix or a VST or a Marshall or a Mesa works. The Kemper EQ is it's own thing, so tweak it however you want... it's not going to start bleeding or anything.

If it sounds good, it is good.

lewis

Reaction score

1) How do you set your level (db) for the main out? and what about the distortion sense?

Output i set to minus 15db so i dont go to hot to the desk.

I always tweak profiles. I like twangier tones so tend to place a treble boost block in the preamp position. Im tuned low so that helps bring that modern metal tone to the table in the quickest way possible. I also like swapping cab irs and also tweaking amp settings like clarity/compression etc etc

ascl

Reaction score
After 8 weeks of unable to use my kemper (moved house, had a desk made, it took much longer than expected... meaning my studio has been a pile of boxes). Finally got the desk and everything set up... and it is so good to use the kemper again. Much better than my blackstar amp that's for sure!

I am looking forward to the Kemper kabinet... and the software editor will be pretty nice.

nightlight

Reaction score

Just hit the -12db switch in the output section and your signal should be good to go to the FOH.

Distortion sense should be used only if you'd like to raise or lower the gain across profiles to suit different profiles. But I don't bother with it too much, after all different guitars have different pups and output. Why would you want to make one guitar sound like the other?

As far as tweaking, you can do as much or as little as you want. Personally, I'd rather just switch to another profile more often than not. There are just so many, I'd rather use a good base rig to tweak rather than spend time fiddling with an unsuitable rig. Also, I feel like the more tweaks you make, the more digital a profile sounds.

ikarus

Reaction score
Does anybody know if there is a special profile pack for ambient sounds (cleans, dist, etc) for our beloved djent clean parts?

nightlight

Reaction score
Does anybody know if there is a special profile pack for ambient sounds (cleans, dist, etc) for our beloved djent clean parts?

I think you can just pick a clean tone and mess with the delay and reverb options. There are a tonne of
cool sounds that way, plus the presets are pretty good too.

')