Ken Ham calls to end space program because, "aliens are going to Hell anyway"

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Overtone

Reaction score
But what of the Klingons who want Christ? DEMAND him even...

crg123

SS.orgLocalArchitect
Reaction score

lol part of this video is so appropriate for the topic @1:20 seconds

This guy was my favorite part of that whole documentary

"Scriptures are not teaching science. It is very hard for me to accept not just a literal interpretation of scripture but a fundamentalist approach to religious belief. It is kind of a plague. It presents itself as science and it's not." - Father George Coyne, PHD, Vatican Observatory

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
If only I had no ethics I could start making ridiculous absurd claims and link to my band page for a record number of views/listens. People would say, "Wow, this guy is an f'ing loon... but man he makes great music... how's this possible?"

Joking aside, why are people of such low intellect and such little use to society getting so much press? This is is tantamount to the Kardashian's having a TV show and being in the media every single damn day. I know we all like a laugh, but this right here isn't funny, it's outright sad.

Ya know... today I saw a news article where NASA made a 3D image of the Apollo 11 landing sight using data from the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter. You can clearly see the landing site in the photo they used but boy oh boy... scroll down to the comments and what do you get? Just as I expected 100% - a bunch of moon landing hoax morons posting about how the landing was faked.

In the words of Ron White - "You can't fix stupid".

Rev.

Daf57

5 7s in 4ths
Reaction score
but boy oh boy... scroll down to the comments and what do you get?
Rev.

Never read the comments! It's trap, sure it seems like a good idea to interact and share views on the topic but ... it's a trap. You will be sucked into the quicksand of internet slime, spam directs and stupidity. Your whole day can be ruined by the knowledge that those people exist and live below the Comments belt. Never fails! Never read the comments! :noplease:

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Yeah, really. It's Ken Ham, expecting anything less would be silly.

I agree. I could make a thread every day with his ridiculous crap. But, this one actually caught me off guard. One of those that I had to do a quadruple-take on. I even got on Google and did multiple searches just to make sure this wasn't fake; but as SilenceIsACrime stated, not even The Onion could come up with something so absurd.

groverj3

Bioinformagician
Reaction score
Aussies, please take this guy back. We don't want him here. There are enough religious crazies here...

Explorer

He seldomly knows...
Reaction score
Formerly from Cucaramacatacatirimilcote...
7982c5aa777eb7669730a8ead261b31c_m.jpg

You have to remember that even modern astronomy is a problem for some fundamentalist Christians. Satellites are bad because they assume a round earth, casting doubt on Scripture.

If it contradicts Scripture, wipe it out. That's my take-away from anything Ken says....

----

By the way, what happened to Ken's challenge to Pat Robertson when Robertson said Ken was making Christians look stupid? I'm still waiting for that Creationism debate.

Shimme

Wants a Seven String
Reaction score
It's very rare for me to laugh at stuff on the internet, but you've managed to make me laugh my head off so hard I had tears in my eyes.

:squint:

Oh shit someone actually believes this.

Explorer

He seldomly knows...
Reaction score
Here's the Creationist Wars stuff.

Pat Robertson implores creationist Ken Ham to shut up: ‘Let’s not make a joke of ourselves’

Pat Robertson on Creation Debate: ‘Nonsense’ to Think Earth Is Only 6,000 Years Old | Mediaite

Ken Ham Fires Back at Pat Robertson: ‘Really Sad’ He’s ‘So Misinformed’ About Creationism | Mediaite

I learned in college to get the folks who would witness in front of the library to argue Scriptural interpretations with each other. They just could not let things go when another Christian was in error (in their opinions), and it was amusing for those of us who would watch.

And that's the really wild thing about the whole "Science is wrong because the Bible!" assertion... there's not one consistent interpretation of what the Bible says. Once you get that debate rolling, it stops being about Scripture being used to fend off non-believers, but about believers slinging the arrows back and forth, with everyone else thinking, "Wait! Science works objectively, and these clowns want to replace it when they can't agree on the most important part of their argument? Sheesh!"

Ricky Roro

Christian
Reaction score
/thread. Those people belong into an asylum, on the same floor as those ISIS dumbasses.

I believe that God created the universe, so that makes me comparable to the scum of the earth who slaughter children without remorse. That makes sense. :yesway:

Try reading the actual article.
"We'll find a new earth within 20 years" | Around the World with Ken Ham

He never said anything about aliens going to Hell; the point is that it would be difficult to reconcile the existence of other intelligent beings due to the Biblical model of creation, fall, redemption, and consummation. He also never suggested shutting down NASA, but rather that the search for intelligent life will most likely be fruitless. Abiogenesis is not supported by rigorous scientific studies.

As for astronomy, the Bible supports a round earth; furthermore, the most recent developments in origin studies have found evidence supporting that the universe rapidly expanded--faster than the speed of light--right after the 'big bang;' i.e. it looks like things got everywhere all at once.
These are not points of argument but rather merely a response to refute the blind assumptions made that there can be no intelligent creation theories which are in any way consistent with reality.

Bullying is neither 'scientific' nor intelligent. Slander gets media attention because it is cheap, easy, and scratches the itch of resentful atheists who badly want the God of the Bible to be mocked.

So no, not really.

flint757

Reaction score
Ken Ham is full of BS irrelevant to his beliefs or lack there of; he really doesn't need defending (nor would the bible if it were in fact infallible for that matter). Just because a fellow Christian is under attack doesn't mean every Christian needs to defend said individual really either. That's probably my biggest gripe with religion (at least for the moment :lol:). Most religious folk will defend, if even only slightly, anyone of their same faith for fear that not doing so will make the whole of their faith look bad. Bad people exist in all walks of life, they don't need defending just because they share something in common with you. That sets an awful precedent.

The majority of the US is religious if we are to believe the census and polls. Are we really implying that the majority hold of opinion in this country are being bullied? Furthermore, if most of the US is supposedly religious it wouldn't be beneficial at all for the media to 'slander' religion would it, since that 'insults' a rather large demographic.

Ricky Roro

Christian
Reaction score
Just because a fellow Christian is under attack doesn't mean every Christian needs to defend said individual really either.

This is a forum. I shared what I thought was a viewpoint relevant to the topic.

Besides that, what else can you call it when someone's words are pulled out of context and misquoted for the sake of mocking them? Even if it is not bullying it is childish, or at the very least poor reporting.
Give someone a fair evaluation before concluding that they are ridiculous even if you think that they are a loon. I understand that many people think Ken Ham is crazy and wrong to begin with, but it seems most conducive to civility to attempt to clear misconceptions.
It would be a more honest evaluation to consider him a loon for his defense of a Creationist perspective than to call him a loon for discussing Hell-bound aliens.

Explorer

He seldomly knows...
Reaction score
You had the link, the same article I read, but you apparently found that Ken Ham didn't say anything with implications about aliens being destined for hell?

Here's the link again:

“We’ll find a new earth within 20 years” | Around the World with Ken Ham

Here's the relevant part.

You see, the Bible makes it clear that Adam’s sin affected the whole universe. This means that any aliens would also be affected by Adam’s sin, but because they are not Adam’s descendants, they can’t have salvation. One day, the whole universe will be judged by fire, and there will be a new heavens and earth. God’s Son stepped into history to be Jesus Christ, the “Godman,” to be our relative, and to be the perfect sacrifice for sin—the Savior of mankind.

Jesus did not become the “GodKlingon” or the “GodMartian”! Only descendants of Adam can be saved. God’s Son remains the “Godman” as our Savior. In fact, the Bible makes it clear that we see the Father through the Son (and we see the Son through His Word). To suggest that aliens could respond to the gospel is just totally wrong.

An understanding of the gospel makes it clear that salvation through Christ is only for the Adamic race—human beings who are all descendants of Adam.
Now, although some don't understand how a logical argument works, here's the one for which you're claiming the conclusion is false. I'm not saying that Ham is correct, only stating his various premises and following that logic:

1. The Fall, in the Garden of Eden, put Original Sin on everyone.

You see, the Bible makes it clear that Adam’s sin affected the whole universe. This means that any aliens would also be affected by Adam’s sin
2. There is a heaven for those who are saved, and a hell for those who aren't.

Search of Ham's website "Answers in Genesis," where Ham writes extensively about the existence of heaven and hell

3. The day of judgment will come for everyone.

One day, the whole universe will be judged by fire
4. You can only be saved through Jesus Christ.

This one can't be argued against when working withing the fundamentalist Christian framework. I don't think you're doing that, so I'll skip the documentation for now. However, Ham does talk about Jesus as the Savior.
God’s Son stepped into history to be Jesus Christ, the “Godman,” to be our relative, and to be the perfect sacrifice for sin—the Savior of mankind.
5. Jesus will not give salvation to aliens, only human beings.
An understanding of the gospel makes it clear that salvation through Christ is only for the Adamic race—human beings who are all descendants of Adam.
Jesus did not become the “GodKlingon” or the “GodMartian”! Only descendants of Adam can be saved. God’s Son remains the “Godman” as our Savior. In fact, the Bible makes it clear that we see the Father through the Son (and we see the Son through His Word). To suggest that aliens could respond to the gospel is just totally wrong.

Conclusion: Therefore, aliens are going to hell.
So no, not really.
Yes, really.

Now, if you want to say that Ken Ham isn't saying that any possible intelligent aliens are going to hell, you have to show where the logic is wrong. I was careful to only use Ken's premises, and I think that he built a wonderful premise-conclusion argument. The problem is, he's now denying that the logic is valid.

Dude, it sounds like both you and Ham are upset because most people can easily follow his argument, and most people aren't dissuaded by "Oh, no, I mean all those things, but you're not allowed to draw a conclusion from my premises which make me look foolish. Those who aren't saved will go to hell, and aliens can't be saved, but I don't believe that any possible aliens are going to hell because... Hey, is that Elvis?! Look, everybody!" (Ham dashes out a back door.) *laugh*

I'll respond to your other point in a second post, so you can focus on whichever you prefer.

')