Kerry King and ESP

• Thread starter jayroc123
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jayroc123

Reaction score
I'm curious how long kerry king was with ESP? Was it most of the 90s?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

M3CHK1LLA

angel sword guardian
Reaction score
want

yfz9pkw6fxnzwhuk0bls.jpg

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Only models he ever had worth wanting. Crackle vs Tribal (sometimes Tribal and Flames)… not even a choice there.

Moongrum

Reaction score
Edwards, eh?.....alright, fellas, next 5 pages we're going to argue whether if this is REALLY an ESP or not.
What differentiates this from the ESP version is that it is bolt-on, has ESP stock pickups, Kahler-style bridge, and rosewood fingerboard,
Holy shit, it really is a budget model and its 5k lol. Such a sick finish, though. That just looks like peak 90s metal to me.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
To think the crackle finish died while the tribal shit lived on.

The new Dean he's been playing is ugh, but if he does a crackle version, they'd be significantly less ugh.

Marked Man

Reaction score
Edwards, eh?.....alright, fellas, next 5 pages we're going to argue whether if this is REALLY an ESP or not.

Holy shit, it really is a budget model and its 5k lol. Such a sick finish, though. That just looks like peak 90s metal to me.

Edwards is Legit 👌, although I would insist on an ebony board for any KK.

BTW, do those come with reflective wrap around '90s pro wrastler shades?? 🤔

JSKrev

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I don't think the tribal shit came in until they started touring with nu-metal bands. The old BCR's he played in the 80's were awesome, but his later ones are awful.

Attachments

• 9948e3d3bc614d6a3a5f80f9e3a32a5f.jpg
    9948e3d3bc614d6a3a5f80f9e3a32a5f.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 68

soul_lip_mike

Contributor
Reaction score
The ESP KK V was so damn cool. I was just a little kid dreaming as I read musician’s friend catalogs seeing things like the ESP Kerry King V, Washburn USA Dimes,James Hetfield Explorer, or the Hetfield flame V ESP. What I would give to have grown up money back then and buy them all.

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
The first *new* BCR KKV from like 97-98 was awesome as af. I used to drool over it in the GW ad for BCR. Black burst flame top with a reverse ASM headstock and big diamond inlays. It was probably the most tasteful guitar that guy ever touched.

manu80

Reaction score
Read in a recent interview that he switched to esp because bc rich, once bought by another company, didn't want to make neck through guitars anymore

Marked Man

Reaction score
Read in a recent interview that he switched to esp because bc rich, once bought by another company, didn't want to make neck through guitars anymore

BCR never stopped making neck thrus at any time, especially among high end models.

Latest posts

')