Kid shreds at NAMM

darbdavys

Reaction score
Well, once this kid start writing stuff, it sure as shit won't be lack of technical facility holding him back. Once he hits puberty, starts having his heart broken by shallow teenage girls, and generally grows up to see how cruel and fucked-up the world is, he'll have one helluva a "painter's palette" right at his fingertips :yesway:
or he'll start playing stuff like My Chemical Romance or BFMV

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Anton Oparin is really really good. He covers a lot of paganini with ease.

But don't get discouraged guys. There will always be bigger fish. There will always be some kid who sat in his bedroom longer than you and learned to play way harder shit than you etc. It's all about the music you produce. This kid has only done covers/improv solos from what I've seen. And yeah, he might write his own stuff one day, but it wont be like the stuff you make so don't sweat it.

I mean when you get to that point it, is pretty much exploiting music theory to make pseudo-classical shred compositions. Which are cool, I'm a huge fan of stuff like that. But those simple riffs from the less talented guys are what make me tingle the most. Like the riff from Crazy train. lol

13point9

Now with Less Hair!
Reaction score
technically good, needs to start writing his own stuff now...

EliNoPants

Reaction score
i just hope he doesn't burn out, i've seen other videos of kids shredding away at young ages, and looked for them a few years later, and they just got tired of it and quit entirely

onefingersweep

Reaction score
I don't think he will be tired and quit. This kid has always looked inspired. he smiles in most of the videos. You don't do that if you don't like what you're doing.

Reaction score
I don't think he will be tired and quit. This kid has always looked inspired. he smiles in most of the videos. You don't do that if you don't like what you're doing.

Yeah I don't think he will quit either. But it's only a matter of time before he gets bored of everything and moves on to jazz fusion.. haha

7 Strings of Hate

Mid-Level Asshole
Contributor
Reaction score
I think you're missing the point entirely dude, this isn't about music, it's about amazing dedication to an instrument for someone so young. I posted it to inspire people, I know I sure as hell can't play that and there will be people who are even older that will be inspired by this kid's talent upon viewing.

He may not have any original material, but he doesn't need to have original material to impress me. He's obviously more dedicated than I am and for that he gets my respect.
:rolleyes: wonderful??

Reaction score
The kid is phenomenal... He definitely makes me look like a chump on guitar!
Thanks for sharing this Dave :metal:

Lakeflower

Reaction score
He's awesome! Now i'm about to sell all my guitars and start playing the maraccas. End of story... :D

Nick

Reaction score
Well, once this kid start writing stuff, it sure as shit won't be lack of technical facility holding him back. Once he hits puberty, starts having his heart broken by shallow teenage girls, and generally grows up to see how cruel and fucked-up the world is, he'll have one helluva a "painter's palette" right at his fingertips :yesway:

lets not play any games here, this kid isnt going to have a girlfriend for a loooooong time! :lol:

Quantumface

Reaction score
the kid shreds like a beast. a damn shame that he riffs like he grew up with my dad.

JohnIce

Singlecoil Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm a songwriter above anything, and I get bored really easily by shred. However, when I was this guy's age, I didn't write very good songs, and I didn't play as well as him either.

So the notion that a kid at that age should have both amazing chops AND be able to write compelling music, is a bit unrealistic. Sure, some kids are just all around amazing musicians, but it's still a very tall order.

I wouldn't be surprised if many of you were bedroom wanking long before you started writing serious music. This kid has every right to do the same thing.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
BigPhi84 and Scar Symmetry: Destroying your hopes and aspirations, one instrument at a time

JohnIce

Singlecoil Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sometimes I do both at the same time! :yesway:

I only, just now, realized how that actually came off... :lol: Bedroom wanking in this case = practicing guitar. But I assume you all thought the same thing... right?

Or did you just let us in on the secret behind your tight right hand, Dave? :ugh:

Cheesebuiscut

Loves his Q-tuners
Reaction score
I'm wankidextrous. :ugh:

Sadly enough I didn't even mildly think of it in any way but playing guitar until you said it.

')