Kid shreds at NAMM

maliciousteve

Contributor
Reaction score
Fantastic technique. Little guy could play most of us on this board under the table, so to speak.

I look forward to hearing some songs from him though.

Reactions: MJS

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

otop

Reaction score
Pfff this is all a lie.. He dosent age.. Just look theres no difference from the video of when he was 8 till 11. All this wizardry is making me quite sick.. Guy is probably in his 30s

OmertaDave

Reaction score
Seeing that really does make me wish I picked up the guitar a lot earlier.

SerratedSkies

Reaction score
How big is the closet his parents keep him in all day and night? Does he defecate in there?

More importantly, does he know what theory actually means?

Part of me is jealous, and part of me wants to call protective services.

Anton

Death Squad
Reaction score
ok, lets see him write a song now. i was bored watching him. not that that it isnt cool for someone so young, but in all honosty, when i listen to music, i dont care what the person looks like or how old they are, but that they have insteresting music, and if thats all that kids learning, hes missing the mark

Exactly!
He can probably play every piece in the world, but if he cant write a good song\solo or have a interesting improvisation then he's a boring player who's essence is just playing fast just like michael angelo, farreri etc..

Dragonfly

Reaction score
That man at 2:05 looks like.. oh fuck,, I'm never gonna outplay this kid,

And that's a bit what I'm afraid of myself :\

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
Exactly!
He can probably play every piece in the world, but if he cant write a good song\solo or have a interesting improvisation then he's a boring player who's essence is just playing fast just like michael angelo, farreri etc..

lol at completely missing the point :lol:

scottro202

I'm walkin' here!!!
Reaction score
I wonder how his friendships with classmates at school are. He must be a bit alienated, albeit in a good way. "this child is special"... and to be honest I bet it hasn't helped him get any more sweethearts than any other kid. At that age, in the eyes of a potential sweetheart, a cool jacket / cool older brother = virtuosic shredding ability. Imagine if he had a cool jacket too... :idea:

Coming from personal experience, amazing ability isn't as high on a girl's list as learning/knowing songs she likes. (This includes a LOT of John Mayer and Dave Matthews :lol: )

Or playing in a band. If you play in a band, you could play the cowbell and get chicks (well, chicks LOVE cowbellers, so that's a bad example :lol: )

Reaction score
Pretty impressive.

Now let's see him do a I-IV-V progression and sing along to it.

boni

Reaction score
I think you're missing the point entirely dude, this isn't about music, it's about amazing dedication to an instrument for someone so young.

So? :squint:

Young brains have the ability to assimilate ANYTHING ten times faster and better than any old brain. Specially motor-language related abilities like art/music which is entirely motor and language based in the brain. It's called neuroplasticity. Google it.

High level cognitive processing like logical thinking, thats something special.

Besides that, young brains don't have the ability to reproduce it's own authentic songwriting in the full spectrum of the human emotion. Why? Well, a kid doing art is just a kid.

')