Kiesel Aries (New model)

• Thread starter ferret
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

celticelk

Reaction score
That burst top with the natural "binding" and a different-color wood on the bottom - ugh.

CaptainD00M

Lungsman
Reaction score
The 7 String really highlights just what a waste of pretty maple that bevel is. :ugh:

Well at least there is something nice for the lefties now and another 7 string single coil.

AndruwX

The Irregular
Reaction score
HOLY M-....
It actually looks good! Unlike...the rest of carvin guitars.

ferret

Reaction score
a7-closeup-large-2.jpg

This one really works for me though, I dig.

Snatching a few others from product page:

a7-closeup-large-1.jpg

a6-closeup-large-2.jpg

Kinda interested in seeing a full shot of this one:
a6-closeup-large-8.jpg

celticelk

Reaction score
Well at least there is something nice for the lefties now and another 7 string single coil.

As long as you want it in the middle: the builder option is "add a middle SC" for $50. No SSS or HSS builds in the immediate future, it seems. Wonder if that option will appear in the other 7-string builders?

celticelk

Reaction score
a7-closeup-large-2.jpg

Is that an ash body with an ash top? If so, why not just do a one-piece ash body? It's on the builder.

EDIT: I agree that this is a pretty appealing combo, though. If I was forced to play an Aries, that's the body I'd go for. (With an ebony board and fixed bridge, though.)

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
HOLY M-....
It actually looks good! Unlike...the rest of carvin guitars.

Im excited! It actually looks good. I don't dig figured maple any more, so the bevel doesn't bother me. The horns both appear proportional, which is great. Not a fan of the headstock, but it works.

mbardu

Reaction score
Quick run down of options from the builder %
*it is available with piezo
*it is available chambered
*they forgot the "remove bezels" option

That back and heel look very smooth :)

ferret

Reaction score
Is that an ash body with an ash top? If so, why not just do a one-piece ash body? It's on the builder.

I don't really disagree, but some folks deliberately want that line of contrast on the bevel. For this one I would say I like it, but it'd have been cheaper to not do a top. (Edit: Though that's required for chambering.)

Unfortunately I couldn't find any examples of a one piece body with no top in their current photos.

stevexc

Reaction score
I really don't have strong feelings either way on this. I think my only complaint is that the "bevel" could have been closer in size to the "binding", like on the SCB, to give it a better aesthetic balance (IMO), but that's about it. Looks cool with a solid colour. It's just not quite exciting enough to make me say "I want that".

As long as you want it in the middle: the builder option is "add a middle SC" for $50. No SSS or HSS builds in the immediate future, it seems. Wonder if that option will appear in the other 7-string builders?

Could be Opt. 50-able? Or could be coming in the future if there's enough demand, they just have to punch a few buttons in the CNC, amirite (don't hit me, Max).

Could be a chambered body, which they'd have to use a separate top for.

ShredFever

Reaction score
a7-closeup-large-2.jpg

Snatching a few others from product page:

a7-closeup-large-1.jpg

a6-closeup-large-2.jpg

Kinda interested in seeing a full shot of this one:
a6-closeup-large-8.jpg

Really digging the solid colors and the antique ash. Not sure about the ones with tops, though I'm not immediately turned off by them completely. Throw one of the Becker head stocks, or even one of their pointy 3x3s or 3x4s, and that's a pretty sweet looking guitar. Looks like you could come out with a pretty rad guitar for under a grand.

celticelk

Reaction score
For me, the most useful thing about the Aries launch so far is that the builder includes the AAT option, so I know what it costs and can take it into account when thinking about builds of models I would prefer. =)

ramses

Guitar/pizza regular
Contributor
Reaction score
The antique ash one looks excellent.

People better think long and hard when choosing tops and colors for this model. I like the one with burl maple top, but I don't like the one with flame maple.

MAJ Meadows SF

on a tone quest
Reaction score
from your front yard, staring into your window
I think it looks alright. I don't like the extreme beveling so much, but with the right kind of top and stain combo it could work. There should be some interesting guitars coming out from this design.

The solid color ones rremind me of the purple KxK 7 that is available in the dealers section. I'd imagine it's really comfortable.

TheWarAgainstTime

"TWAT" for short
Reaction score
If at all, I think I'd order this with a solid color. I just can't gel with a top that looks like it's sliding off the body :shrug: love the shape though! Like I said, I think one of these or a CT24 will be my next good 6 string.

cip 123

Reaction score
I really like them. I wasn't hyped for the reveal but now they're out they look really good.

I like and dislike the bevel, Yes for comfort and some finishes it looks good some it just ruins it.

I think the reveal thing just over hypes it. I'm more interested now its reveal than I was before.

')