Kiesel Aries (New model)

• Thread starter ferret
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

RevelGTR

Reaction score
I'm liking it the more I look at it. I feel like Jeff ends up saying "Errr... Yeah! That was intentional!" An awful lot.

Zado

Reaction score
12002854_10205063903821333_5395420614492959903_n.jpg

absolutorigin

Reaction score
I never really liked the Carvin/Kiesel aesthetic too much, so I'm not too much of a fan of the figured top version. The solid opaque ones do look pretty cool though.

SandyRavage

Reaction score
I don't totally understand what makes this so different than other carvin offerings. Sure it fleshes out the line slightly and fills some gaps but this doesn't look better or worse than any of their other lineup, and don't understand the love/hate. This is more of the same from Carvin and not particularly interesting (or as well designed) compared to the Vader.

olejason

Reaction score
Kiesel is the Ed Hardy of guitars when he gets to pick specs. Thank god you can order them however you want.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I actually really like the shape. It's probably my favorite Superstrat one they've done since the Bolt.

They really should have fixed the bevels, though. Just throwing the single huge-ass bevel covering 1/3rd of the guitar seems like a huge afterthought. Should have REALLY shrunk the bevel, add a matching in-horn bevel on the top horn, and added a lower-body bevel much like the SCB.

Also, more headstock options. The non-pointy standard 6-in-line would have been perfect for this one, and the 3x4 non-pointy one would have been perfect for the 7-string. At least there's the option for the 6-string Jackson ripoff on the 6-string.

Adam Of Angels

The GAS Man
Reaction score
I think Carvin is trying to repeat previously successful methods (hype, new model, influx of new orders, repeat). More options is never a problem, so hopefully it works for them.

Opion

Sir Mattafer
Reaction score
I might actually be in the minority here with this model. The more I see it, the more I like it - i've always felt that Carvin's aesthetic choices were always just...a little off, kinda cheap looking, and different for the sake of being different (I see some people agree with me on that one). But I kinda sorta dig this model, and not just on the basis of looks - I specced on a pretty awesome Aries with stainless jumbo frets, a custom stain finish, Wilkinson trem, ebony board, luminlays, alder body/maple neck, with a hardshell case added, and my total came to a whopping $1200. That, to me, is pretty magnificent, considering Ibanez is charging that much for Iron Labels. :lol:

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Do any real people care that the maple top is an inch smaller, or that the burst is 'off-center' (duh) - or is it just the OCD nutjobs with too much internet time? :fawk:

Dude, it's a guitar. No one's trying to insult your first-born son. :lol:

It's lazy design. End of story. Add a single oversized forearm bevel and make it seem like the next best thing.

atticus1088

Reaction score
The more I see the guitars in real photos, the more I could see myself getting a build of one. I can definitely see how some builds just won't work well for this model. I'm considering going for one with a 1pc Swamp Ash body and with the Ultra-Thin raw-tone finish in black which is no upcharge (I called and asked).

Like this SCB7:
10533901_735177666604069_6650283296413635073_o.jpg

Or
11692737_706300369491799_37187433429105420_n.jpg

Here's one from Jeff's Facebook:
12033242_741552422633260_5842546825191259491_n.jpg

I like on this one, how the flamed maple end/bevel is some-what concealed by the burst.

TheWarAgainstTime

"TWAT" for short
Reaction score
I actually really like the shape. It's probably my favorite Superstrat one they've done since the Bolt.

They really should have fixed the bevels, though. Just throwing the single huge-ass bevel covering 1/3rd of the guitar seems like a huge afterthought. Should have REALLY shrunk the bevel, add a matching in-horn bevel on the top horn, and added a lower-body bevel much like the SCB.

Also, more headstock options. The non-pointy standard 6-in-line would have been perfect for this one, and the 3x4 non-pointy one would have been perfect for the 7-string. At least there's the option for the 6-string Jackson ripoff on the 6-string.

I was on the builder earlier today thinking to myself that the standard reverse in-line would look great with this model :yesway: there aren't any hard points on the body, so why force them on the headstock? That's why I got the reverse standard (3 on top of 4) headstock on my DC7X.

Honestly, I'm fine with how the bevel goes across most of the top of the guitar (bridge-to-neck-ways) I just wish that they had gone with a more steep bevel that didn't intrude so much into the middle of the guitar towards the pickups, you know?

Like I said before, I'd probably go with a solid color on this model, or maybe a 1-piece ash body with the antique treatment :yum:

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
The more I see the guitars in real photos, the more I could see myself getting a build of one. I can definitely see how some builds just won't work well for this model. I'm considering going for one with a 1pc Swamp Ash body and with the Ultra-Thin raw-tone finish in black which is no upcharge (I called and asked).

Like this SCB7:
10533901_735177666604069_6650283296413635073_o.jpg

Now THAT is hot. I'd rock that one without question. Understated, but far from boring.

dirtool

Reaction score
btw,there's chambered body option available, what's the different between solid body and chambered body?
why there's no such option on neck-thru model?

runbirdman

Lackawanna County Volunteer Sheriff's Deputy
Reaction score
I just haven't been able to get on board with all of the heavily beveled Kiesels. I think the LPMs and NZs are great but the SCBs and the Aries just look terrible to me. The X220s are in the same boat as all of the rest of the extreme- shape Carvins: cringe worthy.

')