Kiesel Aries (New model)

• Thread starter ferret
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

celticelk

Reaction score
10533901_735177666604069_6650283296413635073_o.jpg

Damn, that's hot. The only thing I'd change is to give it the 2VT option. That might need to be my next guitar.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

big_aug

Reaction score
Yea, the natural wood ones aren't too bad either.

I can't wait for some NGDs from people who got the figured tops though lol

atticus1088

Reaction score
Another image from their Instagram.

11931084_1686179211601858_1836272443_n.jpg

A lot of you guys make it seem like this is the worst thing to happen since the EBMM shovel :lol:

MoshJosh

Reaction score
I'm definitely in the "the more I see the more I like" group.

One of my favorite Carvin/Kiesel guitars.

TauSigmaNova

Guitarist Wannabe.
Reaction score
Another image from their Instagram.

11931084_1686179211601858_1836272443_n.jpg

A lot of you guys make it seem like this is the worst thing to happen since the EBMM shovel :lol:

Then I guess I'm in the minority when I say that I like the EBMM shovel?

I feel the bevel would work well if the shape was more like the Magesty or the Horizon III rather than a normal superstratum shape. That said, In actually digging the design though I'm not a huge bolt on fan.

atticus1088

Reaction score
Then I guess I'm in the minority when I say that I like the EBMM shovel?

I don't mind the majesty (except for the fake carbon fiber maple part), I'm really referring to the SS.org thread on the majesty. It was a lot like this one, especially since the reveal was hyped up as well, but I didn't make that clear in my post.

stevexc

Reaction score
I don't mind the majesty (except for the fake carbon fiber maple part), I'm really referring to the SS.org thread on the majesty. It was a lot like this one, especially since the reveal was hyped up as well, but I didn't make that clear in my post.

I don't think I've ever seen a reveal thread that WASN'T like this.

But that's just how the internet works. The people who REALLY like it want everyone to know. The people who DON'T like it want the same. It's basically a dual circlejerk, really.

Plus there's the herd mentality aspect... if one person, usually someone fairly visible in the community, says "it's ugly" you're going to have a bunch of people agreeing, even if they don't have that strong of an opinion.

In the end, it's a new Carvin/Kiesel, it checks a lot of boxes for a lot of people, and it's gonna sell like hotcakes. I don't like it enough to consider ordering it even if I could afford it, but clearly there are a lot of people - if not necessarily the more vocal ones in this thread - who will.

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
I still wish it had longer and a bit pointier horns =/ at least the top one. It'd help the bevel line move through the rest of the guitar better.

ASoC

Downpicker \m/
Reaction score
Why is the 15th fret a diamond if the 17th has a cloud? That can't be real. They can't be THAT bad at designing guitars

atticus1088

Reaction score
Those cloud inlays are from Craig Chaquico's Signature Acoustic and they're an older design. Craig recently converted his signature to a Kiesel. Maybe he's getting an electric signature as well?

I would love Offset dots...

promo-chaquico.jpg

tian

Reaction score
Because of the semi-custom nature of Carvin/Kiesel and letting anyone create what they want, I've always sort of expected to see some gaudy looking guitars but seeing these aesthetic trainwrecks from the company directly is just weird.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Why is the 15th fret a diamond if the 17th has a cloud? That can't be real. They can't be THAT bad at designing guitars

Those cloud inlays are from Craig Chaquico's Signature Acoustic, Craig recently converted his signature to a Kiesel. Maybe he's getting an electric signature as well?

Ha, yea, don't be so hasty to judge. It's not that Kiesel is THAT bad at designing guitars, it's just that his guitars are generally so poorly designed that they attract the type of endorsers that are THAT bad at designing guitars :lol:

big_aug

Reaction score
I guess I'm in the "growing on me" the more I see category too. That one dark orange/sunset burst looked pretty good. And I bet its comfy. I wouldn't order but I'd be cool with a solid color model.

AndruwX

The Irregular
Reaction score
You guys know this guitar would look awesome with a natural finish and top.

DeathCubeK

Reaction score
Does this remind anyone else of the MusicMan JP series but with longer horns?

')