Kiesel Aries (New model)

• Thread starter ferret
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
It's not bad in a single color. Give it a hipshot and reverse headstock and I think I'd be happy.

133236b.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

celticelk

Reaction score
^^^ That's the only Aries I've liked, and that reaction has much more to do with my love for the AAT finish than for anything to do with the shape.

stevexc

Reaction score
I did this in like 30 seconds to show everyone who cares (ie nobody, but you're reading anyways! HA) where I'd prefer the bevel to be. PREPARE TO BE UNDERHWELMED.

jG4xEyy.png

And stock for reference:
a6h-krg-cs-ph-6inr-stjf-sdl-efb-kl-bl-bc-133234_gallery.jpg

It's not a massive change but IMO makes it a bit more balanced.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
I suppose on solid colors I actually prefer theirs -- your reinterpretation is obviously the better design, but it also looks super generic given the types of guitars we're used to seeing. I didn't think I'd be a "worse is better, as long as it's different!" guy, especially after seeing everyone's shoddy reinterpretation of the blackmachine headstock, but there it is.

russmuller

Cramblin'
Reaction score
I did this in like 30 seconds to show everyone who cares (ie nobody, but you're reading anyways! HA) where I'd prefer the bevel to be. PREPARE TO BE UNDERHWELMED.

jG4xEyy.png

And stock for reference:
a6h-krg-cs-ph-6inr-stjf-sdl-efb-kl-bl-bc-133234_gallery.jpg

It's not a massive change but IMO makes it a bit more balanced.

I totally agree with this. If the body has the same outline as the existing DC guitars with the wide symmetrical rear bouts, then I appreciate your take on the bevel.

What I think would have been better is to make those bouts asymmetrical to trim the top edge of the body in toward the bevel's edge instead of bringing the bevel closer to the body's edge. But that's just my aesthetic preference.

As they are now, the Aries may not be *quite* as sleek as the RGD, but it's pretty close and really affordable.

dirtool

Reaction score
actually i am curious about the chambered body option
what's the different?
why there's no such option with neck-thru model?

dirtool

Reaction score
I totally agree with this. If the body has the same outline as the existing DC guitars with the wide symmetrical rear bouts, then I appreciate your take on the bevel.

What I think would have been better is to make those bouts asymmetrical to trim the top edge of the body in toward the bevel's edge instead of bringing the bevel closer to the body's edge. But that's just my aesthetic preference.

As they are now, the Aries may not be *quite* as sleek as the RGD, but it's pretty close and really affordable.

a7h-b-cs-bc-ph-efb-sdl-nin-stjf-133138_gallery.jpg

:lol:
this one really got some rgd feel

stevexc

Reaction score
actually i am curious about the chambered body option
what's the different?
why there's no such option with neck-thru model?

This is what a chambered body guitar typically looks like (note: this isn't a Carvin and their chambers may be different, but it's the same idea):

MM25AV_body-chamber.jpg

The biggest advantage is lower weight. I've heard a lot of debate as to tonal differences with nothing really to back anything up, but if anything the tone MAY be slightly darker and you may lose some sustain - but probably not noticeably so.

For Carvins you have to order a top wood if you get a chambered guitar. Basically they use a slightly thinner body blank, route the chambers, and then slap a top on there so it winds up being normal thickness.

I don't know why chambering isn't in the builder for the neck-thru guitars (at least, not the DC600) but I wouldn't be surprised if they allowed people to request it when phoning in the order.

Shask

Reaction score
I tend to also fall in that "Carvin's almost look good, but a little off" category.

I actually think this is one of the better looking ones. Yes, it has the bevel, but the body dont seem as round, which is usually the problem.

It actually reminds me of an ESP Viper. It's like a Viper mixed with a Jackson Soloist.

Love that they finally did a 25.5" bolt on. Now if they would just offer something smaller than 1.69" nut widths, we would be in business!

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't know why chambering isn't in the builder for the neck-thru guitars (at least, not the DC600) but I wouldn't be surprised if they allowed people to request it when phoning in the order.

The Vader models, which are neck thru, have chambering as an option, it's likely related to whether that was programmed in for that model from the get go than the neck join.

Love that they finally did a 25.5" bolt on.

All of thier bolt on models are 25.5", it's the neck thru ones which were usually the 25".

A-Branger

Reaction score

it does look better. Similar line of what they are already doing with the top wood, not the bevel line if you look closely to the wood stain versions.

must say in solid color look 129387 better, but for me the bevel is still too big and need bit more in other parts.

still a "meh" for me

Carvinkook

Reaction score
Ok, well coming from a longtime carvin player I'm going to say.. I'm not a big fan. Not that's it's bad,I'm pretty sure they are targeting a new market or an area they felt they were lacking in. But as soon as the
"Dean" headstock came out I asked why? It was meant for this body style? Ok, I guess.. So they took the body of the 7x, the top bevel of the SCB and the bottom horn and bevel of the Vader. Whatever.. I'm not hating, I'm just not impressed. I do like the fact that they are building guitars for the in-stock gallery. Some are even, dare I say "affordable"

atticus1088

Reaction score
More interesting Facebook pics.

12011373_742744575847378_284736977411872115_n.jpg

Headstock looks way better in black, than anything else I've seen.
12004090_742744589180710_8847130269462990069_n.jpg

12039548_742744605847375_4188303574852282605_n.jpg

11311488_167305520271454_926415547_n.jpg

Not feelin' the bursts on this model much.
12045365_1633959890220640_8718527131095535785_o.jpg

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Are they able to build guitars in a few days or are these all in-stocks?

In-stocks.

They always make a handful of them when doing a new model. Gotta get the fancy photos taken and work out the production before opening up to new orders.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Ya that yellow with the black HS totally reminds me of the 80s. I kinda like it!!

')