Kiesel Aries (New model)

• Thread starter ferret
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

loqtrall

Banned
Reaction score
Made a mock-up of the bevel I'd be more comfortable with:

2hwjry8.jpg

I'm not too fond of Carvin's obsession with super-deep bevels. I can see it looking good in certain solid colors, though.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ASoC

Downpicker \m/
Reaction score
Also digging the yellow with black hs, looks just like the BC Rich Gunslinger Retros. I imagine it would be very RG550 like if you got a matching hs. Actually, with solid 80s colors, you could totally get an RGD550 type axe for a solid price

bloc

tha vagina finda
Reaction score
Ya that yellow with the black HS totally reminds me of the 80s. I kinda like it!!

The lime green was one thing, but seeing this yellow one is really making me all fuzzy inside. I can imagine that yellow body, maple fretboard, and their black Jackson headstock right now... :yum:

mnemonic

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Have some spare time tonight so I've been playing around in photoshop. Figured I might as well post here.

I've been mulling a guitar like this over in my head for a while (bright red, maple, H/S or H/S/S superstrat bolt on) and Kiesel looks like it is the closest I may be able to get. I may look to order one in the future, once the remaining major purchases with my house renovation are finished.

WrEpd5i.jpg

TR2lgl0.jpg

OzxghAO.jpg

Super that glad carvin photograph all their guitars in nearly the exact same straight-on position. It makes chopping them up in photoshop pretty easy.

Albi

Reaction score
The new body shape doesn't drive me crazy... but that's true for all Carvins.
Damn, I adore everything about Carvins, my expectations were so high when I learned about the new model :/

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
They look really good with solid colours. Especially with the single coil pickups.

ShredFever

Reaction score
Have some spare time tonight so I've been playing around in photoshop. Figured I might as well post here.

I've been mulling a guitar like this over in my head for a while (bright red, maple, H/S or H/S/S superstrat bolt on) and Kiesel looks like it is the closest I may be able to get. I may look to order one in the future, once the remaining major purchases with my house renovation are finished.

WrEpd5i.jpg

TR2lgl0.jpg

OzxghAO.jpg

Super that glad carvin photograph all their guitars in nearly the exact same straight-on position. It makes chopping them up in photoshop pretty easy.

Nicely done. I'm thinking one of these in McLaren yellow, HS config, with super birdseyed maple fingerboard, and black reverse pointy headstock would be pretty friggin epic.

The worst thing is that I've got my 3rd Vader that's due to be finished and shipped next week, with a Kiesel Edition build whenever I come up in queue, and I was really looking forward to not GASing to buy g more guitars until then...bought a rare old school Ibanez just now and it's gonna be hella difficult to resist one of these since it could be had reasonably cheaply and guitars with H/S config are such a rarity! Damn you GAS!

Señor Voorhees

Reaction score
The solid colors look really nice. The reverse headstock is .... ugly though. Looks so much nicer with it un-flipped.

ASoC

Downpicker \m/
Reaction score
This request goes out to you Photoshop wizards, I'd love to see one of these in Radiation Green with a maple board and a matching hs. Though that certainly wouldn't help my GAS :lol:

Rollandbeast

Reaction score
LOLL I was messing around in photoshop and decided to remove the bevel lol, interdasting,

2n1tjfb.jpg

Chokey Chicken

mouth breather
Reaction score
There's still a bit of bevel left though! The bevel carries over into the figured top a tiny bit so you could make it look a smidge more "unique."

olejason

Reaction score
LOLL I was messing around in photoshop and decided to remove the bevel lol, interdasting,

2n1tjfb.jpg

lol Jeff Kiesel would probably like that thing if he came up with it

"What's up guys, Jeff Kiesel here from Kiesel guitars with another new Kiesel guitar model for you guys. Guys Kiesel Guys Kiesel Guys Kiesel Twitter Custom"

Rollandbeast

Reaction score
lol Jeff Kiesel would probably like that thing if he came up with it

"What's up guys, Jeff Kiesel here from Kiesel guitars with another new Kiesel guitar model for you guys. Guys Kiesel Guys Kiesel Guys Kiesel Twitter Custom"

lmao haha , it looks a bit like the skevy swan model now that I think about it

minilizard.jpg

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score

2n1tjfb.jpg

Ya, eliminate the part beyond the burst, and this highlights the way the guitar ACTUALLY looks when you don't do a solid color. That's what I don't like about it. Now, if this shape was pleasing, and the whole shape was pleasing, then that would be a pretty killer design, IMO. But this shape is just jarring to the eye, because it doesn't look right. It's like it's deformed.

Also, anyone have any idea how they come up with bevel shapes? Because on the Aries the bevel enters the forearm area with a particular distance from the body edge, but exits with a difference distance. Seems to be like it would flow better if it were more symmetric in that area (even on the solid tops, I mean).

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
On the other hand, the Kiesel bevels are better than this abomination. Not sure about how cutting the bottom of a guitar off and putting a wtf roundover bevel on the part your arm doesn't touch qualifies this as a "design," but whatever.

Nope, you know better than to post his crap here

mnemonic

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Nicely done. I'm thinking one of these in McLaren yellow, HS config, with super birdseyed maple fingerboard, and black reverse pointy headstock would be pretty friggin epic.

The worst thing is that I've got my 3rd Vader that's due to be finished and shipped next week, with a Kiesel Edition build whenever I come up in queue, and I was really looking forward to not GASing to buy g more guitars until then...bought a rare old school Ibanez just now and it's gonna be hella difficult to resist one of these since it could be had reasonably cheaply and guitars with H/S config are such a rarity! Damn you GAS!

Looks like they've already made a 6 string one that is pretty close to that.

a6c-y-cs-ash-bph-6inr-stjf-mf-ln-5mw-gl-bc-133260_gallery.jpg

Gotta say, pretty cool color. :agreed:

Sort of reminds me of some of those old RG570's from the 80's.

Zado

Reaction score
^ looks cool to me,maybe causa it's just harder to see the bevel.
On the other hand, the Kiesel bevels are better than this abomination. Not sure about how cutting the bottom of a guitar off and putting a wtf roundover bevel on the part your arm doesn't touch qualifies this as a "design," but whatever.
:ugh: Making too many picks probably cost his mind :lol:

Latest posts

')