Kiesel Aries (New model)

• Thread starter ferret
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

cip 123

Reaction score
Do what I have done a few times, get a friendly USA based forum member to order for you and act as the middle man.

I'd love to do that actually haha, I usually just chime in conversations here, never really gotten friendly with many people though.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mnemonic

Custom User Title
Reaction score
I've had expensive packages from the states not catch customs so I didn't end up paying VAT or Duty, but I've also had a pack of strings get caught and I've paid VAT and Duty on them.

Be wary with having a middle man, since that will make returns harder if something is wrong, and also you may still end up having to pay VAT and Duty.

I really miss back when I lived in the US, never paying sales tax on out-of-state online orders.

Pikka Bird

Vaya Con Cornholio
Reaction score
Mod Edit: Yes seriously. Reach out to the person via PM. That builder is NOT discussed here.

Got more to say, go to PM. :yesway:

cip 123

Reaction score
I've had expensive packages from the states not catch customs so I didn't end up paying VAT or Duty, but I've also had a pack of strings get caught and I've paid VAT and Duty on them.

Be wary with having a middle man, since that will make returns harder if something is wrong, and also you may still end up having to pay VAT and Duty.

I really miss back when I lived in the US, never paying sales tax on out-of-state online orders.

I've not had much luck avoiding them. I've heard if its declared as a gift or something you can usually miss it with a middle man. But I don't know any so thats kinda redundant.

Ideally I'd just like to live in the US once all my studies are done I'd like to move there, though again I know no one and no where to go. But thats all a bit off topic.

Zalbu

More time than skill
Reaction score
Would look 10 times better with pointier horns, right now it just looks like a lump of melted icecream. And the bottom horn is way too tiny. :ugh:

I kinda like the bevel otherwise, especially when they highlight it, as long as you don't actively think of the fact that it looks like somebody just cut off a huge chunk of the guitar. Pardon the godlike Photoshop job but the guitar almost looks like this to me.

Fwaf0eJ.jpg

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Would look 10 times better with pointier horns, right now it just looks like a lump of melted icecream. And the bottom horn is way too tiny. :ugh:

I kinda like the bevel otherwise, especially when they highlight it, as long as you don't actively think of the fact that it looks like somebody just cut off a huge chunk of the guitar. Pardon the godlike Photoshop job but the guitar almost looks like this to me.

Yeah, do another photoshop where the bevel itself is cut off, so it's just the white part of the guitar showing, and that's how I think it really comes off.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
I took the liberty of doing it myself in Word, cuz I don't have photoshop and paint is for tiny babies (or, it makes it look like I am a tiny baby when I try to use it!).

So this, too me, is hideous. And yet this is the guitar when you highlight the bevel by coloring the rest of the guitar a different color. It's just asymmetric, but asymmetric in an uncanny valley kind of way.

Nlelith

Motion Designer
Reaction score
I see many people here like that yellow one, it's in stock currently. Pretty nice specs, if you ask me... Swamp ash body, SS Jumbo frets, 5-piece neck, and it weights only 7 lbs. Won't stay in stock for long, that's for sure.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
I see many people here like that yellow one, it's in stock currently. Pretty nice specs, if you ask me... Swamp ash body, SS Jumbo frets, 5-piece neck, and it weights only 7 lbs. Won't stay in stock for long, that's for sure.

It is indeed hot! Problem is, this should be a B stock, since they forgot to put all the strings on. :lol: One more and it would be gone by now. Two more and I would own it. Three more and the world would be like ZOMG, CARVIN IS DOING 9s NOW!

HaloHat

Baritones
Reaction score
Seattle WA. & Richfield, UT. & Valencia, Spain
It is indeed hot! Problem is, this should be a B stock, since they forgot to put all the strings on. :lol: One more and it would be gone by now. Two more and I would own it. Three more and the world would be like ZOMG, CARVIN IS DOING 9s NOW!

Yeah, they got the 7 strings right but forgot an extended scale option :wallbash:
I guess the hard case wags the guitars still :nuts:

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
The Vader was 27" when it first came out. Give it a few months and there will be a 27' option.

celticelk

Reaction score
The Vader was 27" when it first came out. Give it a few months and there will be a 27' option.

I'm not convinced of that. It was obvious when the Vader was announced at 27" only that there was huge demand for a 25.5" version, because the prospective buyers made themselves known in no uncertain terms. It's not at all clear that the situation runs the other way, and Kiesel has that much more data about the relative sales of the same model at 25.5" and 27" from offering the Vader at both scales. If there was significant money to be made in a 27" Aries, I think it would have been offered at launch.

')