Kiesel Aries (New model)

• Thread starter ferret
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jayd41

Reaction score
I'm at the point where I can't see buying a 7 string unless it's 26.5 or longer for the tunings I use.
Was really hoping for a 27" option on the 7 string like the Vader.
Oh well.. guess I'll just have to order another Vader instead.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Vairish

Reaction score
I don't mind the bevel on this as much as I do on the Vader. With the Vader it looks like they were too lazy/incompetent to do a drop top so they just didn't bother. At least with this the bevel has a bit more flair to it which makes it look more like a creative choice.

Still hate the new headstock. It's far too pointy for the body. I'd much prefer something like:

FZHqK5h.png

Chokey Chicken

mouth breather
Reaction score
I didn't mind the vader cut off, but these guitars just look melty. Like it got too hot and the top slid downwards like ice cream in a cone. In solid color or certain non-figured wood combos I think it looks cool though. I may pick one up at some point just because why the hell not for under $1k?

bloc

tha vagina finda
Reaction score
I didn't mind the vader cut off, but these guitars just look melty. Like it got too hot and the top slid downwards like ice cream in a cone.

Both the bevels of this and the Vader make it look like the guitars started out as flat tops, and then the builders took the top corner of each one to a belt sander and left it there for a few minutes

A-Branger

Reaction score
Think the bevel at the top is way too strong. It needs more around the rest of the guitar to balance it out. Either a small amount at the bottom, and more inside the horns, spacially on the top horn that doesnt have any. If they give a bit more to the lower one and match the top horn with the bottom that would look soooo much better.

I like the difference in woods on the bevel, but I think the top wood should have come at least half way down that bevel in tickness. Being such a big bevel at the top it just trows the guitar design way off when two different woods (or colors) are used. The top wood just looks off in shape, out of balance with the guitar. and with the "bottom shape", its like two different guitars in top of each other but they dont match

solid colors look pretty good as it looks as a one guitar, but again if the hors would had more bevel (specially the top one) would had finish the guitar perfectly

so for me this was a big "meh"

ovlott

Reaction score
The bevel does appear a tad too large, but I bet it makes the guitar pretty damn comfy.

I want one of these, but it`s definitely gonna be solid colour one or have no top wood for the body.

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
Bevel Affliction.

I feel like the way Kiesel views edges as if it's almost like a sports/racing thing that I just don't get.

Jaxcharvel

Reaction score
Man, this guitar is getting a lot of ..... Lol. I think it's better than the RGD. I personally love it. Think I'm gonna get an A6, swamp ash, nightburst, with a birdseye board.

sartorious

a good lurking guy
Reaction score
I like it. Sure, the horns could be a little pointier for my taste (less banana-like) and make some attempt to gel with the headstock, but it hits several of my likes.

Bevels. I place a premium on comfort. A bevel would eliminate some of my bitching about ergonomics. I agree the offset figured tops or bursts look kind of odd, but I have no interest in them anyway. If I get an A7, it'll be solid color.

Perhaps the only hangup for me is the scale length. But I see the upper horn ends near the 12th fret, like the DC7X and DC800. Either it's pushed that far forward to balance lost body wood, or maybe they'll offer another scale, like the Vader's initial situation but reversed. (except I don't hear enough whining here to expect a 27" option)

Basically, I want an RGD with a few extras. This is close and gives me some hope.

Jaxcharvel

Reaction score
I'd get an A7 but I have enough 7 strings, but I need a good non Floyd 6. This fits the bill for what I'd want.

HaloHat

Baritones
Reaction score
Seattle WA. & Richfield, UT. & Valencia, Spain
They've option 50'd that sort of stuff before, I've seen single-humbucker DC7's and 8's, and I've been told of a DC7 with H/S layout though I never saw a picture.

My 2nd DC7X. It is almost done being turned into a 27" scale, Bloodwood necked, Purple Heart fret boarded Flying V guitar with a Lacewood body and Cocobolo top :)

So the new Aries makes three currently available Kiesel 7 strings I would buy if they had a 27" scale option available.
X227X
TL7X
Aries 7X

Add the Kiesel versions of a 7 string Explorer and Flying V to the list when it happens...
DO LIKE the new Aries bolt neck heel, decent job. I'd rock that. I love bolt necks [insert Frankenstein pic lol]

p.s. - The above guitar was the first Carvin/Kiesel to use Bloodwood or Purple Heart. Now we just need Jeff to add the Bloodwood and Wenge to the wood options and do something positive about the 27" scale guitar hard case issue for the in-line head stocks :)
p.s.s - bummed that the past "customer provided wood" option that was so easy to do is now next to impossible and just crazy expensive. Oh well, too bad for me.

big_aug

Reaction score
I just don't know how someone comes up with a design like this and thinks it's a good idea :lol::nuts::noplease:

Not even hating on it. Just more like stunned after looking at it again

')