Kiesel multiscale 8 string Vader in Metallic Lambo Blue

• Thread starter mikernaut
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mikernaut

pixel pusher
Reaction score
Received my 3rd Kiesel last week. I had two 7 strings, so this time I went with a 8 string and a different shape. I figured going multiscale might help a bit being a 8 string so I chose that as well.

Specs-

Alder body/maple neck ( thinner profile)
Richlite fretboard ( 1st time trying one)
20" radius
stainless steel med jumbo frets
Thorium bridge and Empyrean neck

IMG_6375_s.jpgIMG_6376_S.jpgIMG_6377_S.jpgIMG_6379_s.jpgIMG_6380_S.jpgIMG_6382_S.jpgIMG_6385_S.jpg

So far I'm loving the shape, it's super comfortable and lightweight. It also arrived in a smaller hard case which I didn't know they had . I'm also really enjoying the Carstairs Empyrean pickup voicings.
I think my only complaint is the Metallic Lambo Blur paint is super subtle and doesn't shift in tone/color hardly at all in various lighting. I kinda thought it might have more color shifting properties like the old Ibanez neon purple paint.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Sweet collection, dude! I’d have done everything exactly the same on all 3, except a trem on the 8. Why did you want to forego that on this one?

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
Whoa, that color is sweeeeet. Works well with the white and black accents. I actually like how the metallic is subtle, personally. Nice variety of fiddles you've got goin on as well.

What do you think of richlite so far?

Also holy crap at a Kiesel with a factory actual hard case. Hell must be freezing over.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mikernaut

pixel pusher
Reaction score
Oh i
Whoa, that color is sweeeeet. Works well with the white and black accents. I actually like how the metallic is subtle, personally. Nice variety of fiddles you've got goin on as well.

What do you think of richlite so far?

Also holy crap at a Kiesel with a factory actual hard case. Hell must be freezing over.
Oh, It isn't actually a hardcase. it's just a smaller version of their heavy duty gigbag

Riverview

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
These are siccckkkk . The neck heel on that thing looks flawless . Also loving how the richlite board compliments the color of the body . It's sort of a matte semi - metallic baby blue , I like it . How are the richlite boards ? I know they offer a Vader bass in a shortscale option , if I ever win the lottery and have money to blow I'd love to try one of those out , especially with it being headless it would probably be super convenient not having a bass wack into all my surroundings . You enjoying the neck through compared to the bolt on models ?

mikernaut

pixel pusher
Reaction score
This was my 1st Richlite board. Seems pretty solid for a alternate to Ebony in terms of the feel and when you want that super dark looking fretboard.

gh0styboi

El Stressperado
Reaction score
That's a really dope looking guitar, man. So congrats on that build up.

Question as someone eyeing (potentially) one of these for myself - the tuners at the tail of the body don't get in the way if/when you sit classical? Wouldn't they be resting right on your leg?

Wildebeest

Reaction score
It's called Lambo Blue because of the blue in the Greek flag. Jeff's friend Charalambos (Lambo) saved him from drowning while they were both sponge diving in the Aegean sea. Hence some of the other Greek names in the Kiesel lineup.

Sick guitar btw.

mikernaut

pixel pusher
Reaction score
That's a really dope looking guitar, man. So congrats on that build up.

Question as someone eyeing (potentially) one of these for myself - the tuners at the tail of the body don't get in the way if/when you sit classical? Wouldn't they be resting right on your leg?
I don't find it to bad on the Vader shape. I have noticed it on the Type X though causing it to go sharp or flat abit if it rests too heavy against the thigh. But then again the Vader is a fixed bridge and the Type X has a trem.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
It's called Lambo Blue because of the blue in the Greek flag. Jeff's friend Charalambos (Lambo) saved him from drowning while they were both sponge diving in the Aegean sea. Hence some of the other Greek names in the Kiesel lineup.

Sick guitar btw.
Cool story if true (not saying you're fibbing haha) my only issue is that it's totally no where near the Greek flag blue! Still interesting.

Latest posts