Kiesel --- Never Again!

• Thread starter MetalHead40
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

diagrammatiks

Reaction score
Lol?

I don't know if this guy works for them. Just thought it was a timely and hilarious comment.

E1000768-EA19-4B9E-A5C4-4717E2955BE6_zps081xnnhz.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Seventhwave

Reaction score
:noplease:

Odds are none of it would have ever been "plastered" on the internet if the folks working customer service understood how the job works.

Chokey Chicken

mouth breather
Reaction score
Lol... Company mouths off, mishandles parts, then ships a ....ty guitar and op isn't supposed to be upset. Stop kissing ass, you're not going to get special treatment from Kiesel.

Glades

Down in the Everglades
Reaction score
Every company has haters?

Can any haters of Suhr, Aristides, Mayones, Ibanez Prestige, EBMM or any other top of the line guitar company please stand up? Yeah, they have none.

When you charge premium prices, expect premium expectations from your customers. If your guitars were $500 nobody would be complaining.

Mattykoda

Reaction score
I absolutely love my DC7X but personally for me after seeing that response I just wouldn't feel comfortable buying another guitar from them for atm.

Siggevaio

Reaction score
Yeah, this is so stupid. If people hated Kiesel from the get go, why would they buy guitars from them? It's when the guitars arrive and are well below expectations that the well deserved "hating" starts. It feels like the people at Kiesel think that they can act however they want and no one should ever question them. And if a guitar arrives faulty or with a ....ty setup, expect it to be the customers fault.

I don't hate Kiesel but I would never buy a guitar from them knowing that they act like this. You can't trust everything you read online but there's no reason for people to make up detailed stories on Kiesel's shortcomings just to make them look bad.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
LMFAO see the above is why I flat out didn't order the two guitars I had spec'ed out in February: the attitude of the company.

I realize it's all spin and marketing, but it still annoys me. Seriously the guy didn't jump online and complain before they had a chance to handle it, they screwed up handling the situation and provided poor service that was bad enough the customer felt the need to tell people about it afterwards. The customer isn't the problem in that scenario. Then instead of saying sorry we could have handled that better and we will do better in the future they go out of their way to attack and play off anybody involved like it was a vendetta against the company and Kiesel are victims. I was hoping this kind of stuff would stop after they fired Zach, but clearly he perfectly embodied the attitudes of the company in general. It's a shame as the sales guy I usually dealt with there was awesome.

oversteve

Reaction score

Can any haters of Suhr, Aristides, Mayones, Ibanez Prestige, EBMM or any other top of the line guitar company please stand up? Yeah, they have none.

There are plenty of Ibby haters out there, some of them for reason and some not.
Also I saw plenty people bashing Mayo, but I also saw some Mayos with issues so idk if all that bashing is unreasonable :D

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
LMFAO see the above is why I flat out didn't order the two guitars I had spec'ed out in February: the attitude of the company.
Same here. Lord knows I was ready to throw my money at them a few times but Jeff's attitude of "We're the best and go .... yourself if you think otherwise and don't complain about the guitars we screw up." Has really put me off going anywhere near this company.

I had a Carvin that was nice but it was far from the nicest thing I've ever played.

xvultures

Cognizance
Reaction score

I realize it's all spin and marketing, but it still annoys me. Seriously the guy didn't jump online and complain before they had a chance to handle it, they screwed up handling the situation and provided poor service that was bad enough the customer felt the need to tell people about it afterwards. The customer isn't the problem in that scenario. Then instead of saying sorry we could have handled that better and we will do better in the future they go out of their way to attack and play off anybody involved like it was a vendetta against the company and Kiesel are victims. I was hoping this kind of stuff would stop after they fired Zach, but clearly he perfectly embodied the attitudes of the company in general. It's a shame as the sales guy I usually dealt with there was awesome.

I don't know how Kiesel missed some of the basic rules of customer service. Screw ups are opportunities to build a stronger relationship and attract new customers.

Heck, I just bought some Hipshot Tuners (off an ebay dealer, not even directly from Hipshot). They didn't fit my guitar so I emailed Hipshot asking what to do. I got an email that day saying to send them back and they'll replace them with longer posts. Did they screw up? No, I thought I measured right. Did they belittle me? No, They offered to help and fix my screw up. Will I buy Hipshot products now for whatever I need? Heck yes.

When I ran a small online firearms store, sometimes the wrong accessory would get shipped, sometimes the customer didn't like the way an FDE accessory looked. I'd ship them out the right one, or the color they liked and told them to keep the first one. I'd usually include a little lube sampler, a patch and my personal business card with my cell # and told them to get in touch if they ever needed anything else. Small gestures make huge differences.

I think I read a reply saying something similar earlier, but just to reiterate.. Can you imagine how different this thread would be if Kiesel fixed the mistake or went above/beyond and built him new one? "Kiesel---Again and Again!". How many more guitars would he have bought from them? How many other customers would be drawn in by their customer service?

SamSam

GAS problems
Reaction score
I'll be honest I would not consider your average Ibanez "high end" and I love ibanez guitars. But you can easily spec a Kiesel (even excluding the Kiesel editions) that cost more than all the guitars in my sig bar one. And a K edition will cost more than any piece of gear I own. Bear in mind i purchase gear in sterling.

Maybe Jeff is a master builder and his personal builds are worth the money.

His staff clearly are not though.

Last edited:

diagrammatiks

Reaction score
if you spec out a kiesel to be more then a mayones you have worms for brains.

SamSam

GAS problems
Reaction score

The key statement you appear to have omitted is "bear in mind buy gear in sterling"

I live in the eu, mayones guitars are far cheaper than in the states. I also purchased them prior to their latest price hike.

So yes, I purchased my Mayones and Daemoness guitars for less than a decked out standard Kiesel or a Kiesel Edition guitar.

Grindpa

Reaction score
For the few people asking, yes, the guy who posted that on the Kiesel page does indeed work for Kiesel. He's the guy who films Jeff live from the factory AFAIK.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score

K series > $3k, setius < $3k. Turns out these worms are like certified accountant worms or something!

Electric Wizard

it's my first day
Reaction score
I think that facebook comment sums up the problem with smaller guitar companies. They've got lots of passion for their product but when it's misplaced it goes badly. It seems like some people at Kiesel are so into their work that they take a lot of stuff personally. Reminds me of S7G in a lot of ways. The idea that customers need to show a particular amount of deference to receive support is bizarre. Nobody there is personally sacrificing to make the guitars, and if they are they need to stop. It's the job of the company to be profitable (i.e. make quality products), not the job of the customer to buy them as a favor to all the nice people that work there.

')