Kiesel quality control

• Thread starter Sam I am
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Sam I am

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Don't construe this as a defence of Kiesel (particularly given the thread posted earlier, which I've made critical comments in already), but definitely try to get your issues sorted with them direct first. Give them the opportunity to actually provide a proper product - because if they do, then your problem is sorted. Could be a mistake, could be their MO, but you need to do what you can to make it right. Then put them on blast if they don't.
I agree I'm looking into one more thing , I do have a return label they provided... It appears it missed final set up somehow....

spudmunkey

Reaction score
What it sounds like to me, is that your package took a BIG hit in transit.

For the trem claw screws to be pulled out of the body, for springs to come out, and springs to break...that doesn't sound like a "they skipped QC" issue. It sounds more like the courier mistook your box for a soccer ball.

Asking a customer to try to repair what *COULD* just have been parts that got knocked loose on a custom made item shipped (I assume) hundreds, if not thousands of miles, that doesn't seem abnormal, especially for the first step. When you call Tech Support for a computer problem, they are first going to ask you to make sure it's plugged in, turned on, attached to the monitor, and they'll ask you to reboot. If it's a new computer, they might ask you to make sure the memory and graphics cards are fully inserted into their slots, etc. That doeshn't seem unreasonable to me, at least not from the info given.

That sucks, though, when the thing you've been waiting for for like 4-6 months arrives defective.

For what it's work, Kiesel has indeed had serious customer service issues, but it's been very quiet on that front for almost 2 years now, after the big blow-up in April of 2020.

[edit: Full disclosure: I temped for them for about 6 weeks last summer, answering the easy sales and customer service emails]

Didn't he quit about a year ago?
Last June, so about 11 months ago.

Last edited:

Sam I am

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
What it sounds like to me, is that your package took a BIG hit in transit.

For the trem claw screws to be pulled out of the body, for springs to come out, and springs to break...that doesn't sound like a "they skipped QC" issue. It sounds more like the courier mistook your box for a soccer ball.

Asking a customer to try to repair what *COULD* just have been parts that got knocked loose on a custom made item shipped (I assume) hundreds, if not thousands of miles, that doesn't seem abnormal, especially for the first step. When you call Tech Support for a computer problem, they are first going to ask you to make sure it's plugged in, turned on, attached to the monitor, and they'll ask you to reboot. If it's a new computer, they might ask you to make sure the memory and graphics cards are fully inserted into their slots, etc. That doeshn't seem unreasonable to me, at least not from the info given.

That sucks, though, when the thing you've been waiting for for like 4-6 months arrives defective.

For what it's work, Kiesel has indeed had serious customer service issues, but it's been very quiet on that front for almost 2 years now, after the big blow-up in April of 2020.

[edit: Full disclosure: I temped for them for about 6 weeks last summer, answering the easy sales and customer service emails]

Last June, so about 11 months ago.
Well, that was the response that it was done in shipping,,,I need to post pics of the box and guitar the box has zero crush zones and zero damage , the guitar is magnificent in aesthetics... The 2 wood screws they use are course thread impossible to rotate equal without a tool reverse,,,, again NO final inspection/ setup checklist with inspector signature or initials was included as with all major brands....

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Yeah, let's see some photos. I would have guessed damage in transit, because I've had SO much stuff damaged in transit recently. But, that would be a weird damage. That said, it's also odd that they'd forget to put the springs in the trem cavity, but somehow decide to put them in the case.

spudmunkey

Reaction score
Well, that was the response that it was done in shipping,,,I need to post pics of the box and guitar the box has zero crush zones and zero damage , the guitar is magnificent in aesthetics... The 2 wood screws they use are course thread impossible to rotate equal without a tool reverse,,,, again NO final inspection/ setup checklist with inspector signature or initials was included as with all major brands....

Kiesel hasn't ever included an initialed checklist. Just to be clear, yours wasn't missing it...it's just not something they do.

With the kind of hit that could dislodge parts and break a string, I wouldn't expect to see crush corners or a dented size, because that would be the box acting as a crumple zone. Dropping it flat on the boxes edge can create a high g-force that wouldn't really be visible as damage on the outside of the box. It would be rare, though, for sure.

Sam I am

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Kiesel hasn't ever included an initialed checklist. Just to be clear, yours wasn't missing it...it's just not something they do.

With the kind of hit that could dislodge parts and break a string, I wouldn't expect to see crush corners or a dented size, because that would be the box acting as a crumple zone. Dropping it flat on the boxes edge can create a high g-force that wouldn't really be visible as damage on the outside of the box. It would be rare, though, for sure

Sam I am

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Return the guitar and buy something else. That would be my advice.
I agree unfortunately this all has taken place with me letting 10 days from received and they only give 10 days .... That's my bad .....it's at a very reputable shop to look it over and set up , if there is an issue other ,,, I guess I will take the risk of returning 2000+ miles there and back again ...Lord of the strings

Spoonerluv

Reaction score
I'll just be that guy and say your story sounds like complete bullshit, and it's not surprising you have so many people latching onto it considering this forum is a safe haven for Kiesel hate (much of it deservedly so). Pics or it didn't happen.

Sam I am

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'll just be that guy and say your story sounds like complete bullshit, and it's not surprising you have so many people latching onto it considering this forum is a safe haven for Kiesel hate (much of it deservedly so). Pics or it didn't happen.
Well here's the guitar pics and

Sam I am

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220504-095832.png
    Screenshot_20220504-095832.png
    132.1 KB · Views: 122
  • Screenshot_20220504-095927.png
    Screenshot_20220504-095927.png
    205.1 KB · Views: 118

Sam I am

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I hope this clears it up ,,,

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220504-100234~2.png
    Screenshot_20220504-100234~2.png
    316.1 KB · Views: 111

Spoonerluv

Reaction score
OP delivers.
I'm curious - were there no springs at all in the guitar? It's not uncommon for you to receive some extra springs in the case, especially if you have a floyd rose equipped guitar. Like, is your trem just completely unlevel?

Sam I am

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
OP delivers.
I'm curious - were there no springs at all in the guitar? It's not uncommon for you to receive some extra springs in the case, especially if you have a floyd rose equipped guitar. Like, is your trem just completely unlevel?
None in the guitar 3 we're in the guitar case 1 string broke in case then 2 ND broke after springs attached both at locking tuner very last 1/8 to 1/4 inch

JSanta

Reaction score
Pictures of the communications are helpful, but the cavity of the actual guitar would go a long way as well.

Sam I am

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Pictures of the communications are helpful, but the cavity of the actual guitar would go a long way as well.
The lead tech had me open the back plate to see if they were intact and that extras were shipped in error this what it revealed,,,

Status
Not open for further replies.
')