Kiesel VM7 pickup options: Guitarmory, Instrumental, Lundgren?

• Thread starter Krucifixtion
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

KnightBrolaire

Meth Detal
Reaction score
This makes me laugh a little. When they were launched, Jeff Kiesel would say that the lithium pickups were inspired by his favorite pickups at the time, the Lundgren M series. :lol:
Jeff was smoking crack, those pickups are nothing alike. The low mid growl of the m series and their stupidly stiff feel are two things I've never found mimicked very well. Other pickups have a low mid growl or feel stiff, but not in the same ways as the M8.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

LeviathanKiller

Knee-shooting Archer
Reaction score
Jeff was smoking crack, those pickups are nothing alike. The low mid growl of the m series and their stupidly stiff feel are two things I've never found mimicked very well. Other pickups have a low mid growl or feel stiff, but not in the same ways as the M8.

This description sounds nothing like the Kiesel Lithiums, so I second this.

@zwen

Reaction score
Lithiums have this chewy and airy quality to their tone.

MC8944

Guitarmory Pickups
Reaction score
I’ve been thinking about going with a set of Guitarmory Pickups for my 8 string. What would you recommend if I want a set that sounds like Lundgrens?
Hey bud, generally when people want something comparable to the M series we recommend our Polaris set.

@zwen

Reaction score
Thanks for the rec. I love Lundgrens, but I’m an even bigger fan of your wood covered pickup. It’s a unique aesthetic.

')