Killing amp hum with NS2?

• Thread starter i_like_shred
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

i_like_shred

wannabe-widdler
Reaction score
Right, ive just bought a Boss NS2 noise suppressor, and i tried the x pattern but i think i fucked it up
My amps a Bugera 333

I was running:
Guitar -> Korg pedal tuner in
Tuner out -> NS2 input
NS2 send -> Metalzone in
Metalzone out -> Amp in
Amp fx loop send -> NS2 return
NS2 output -> amp fx loop return

This was humming like shit and sounded terrible, so now im running

Guitar -> NS2 input
NS2 send -> Korg tuner in
Tuner out -> NS2 return
NS2 output -> amp input

Now this has killed all the guitar hum and is basicly working as a great feedback buster, but on my lead channel turned up loud its still huming a fair, ive determined that its preamp hum as the clean channel doesnt hum at all with both master and clean channel volumes on 10

I really want to get the Metalzone back in there (using it as a boost until i can afford a tubescreamer), and apparently you can use the NS-2's send/return to kill amp hum in an x pattern or something

SOOOOOOOO
Can any gear experts tell me how i should run this to kill ALL noise, while having the metalzone in the loop?

Please dont tell me to buy another NS2, dont have the $$$
:D

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Edroz

new album soon!
Reaction score
if you wanna use the MT-2 for a boost (or any other boost pedal for that matter), you wanna put it in front of the amp, not in the FX loop.

i_like_shred

wannabe-widdler
Reaction score
are you reffering to the NS2s loop or the amps loop? i realise you can drive a preamp from the loop
However the boss manual said to put the distorition effects in the Ns2s loop

however i was thinking more along the lines of killing the preamps hum, then ill tackle the metalzone after that problems solved

troyguitar

Reaction score
I was running:
Guitar -> Korg pedal tuner in
Tuner out -> NS2 input
NS2 send -> Metalzone in
Metalzone out -> Amp in
Amp fx loop send -> NS2 return
NS2 output -> amp fx loop return

This was humming like shit and sounded terrible, so now im running

Something's wrong then, because that setup is perfectly acceptable and exactly what I ran for quite some time (with a different specific tuner, amp, OD pedal, but the same exact chain). In fact I still run that setup but I've ditched the OD pedal. Works like a charm.

')