Killswitch Engage

• Thread starter telecaster90
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Favorite Killswitch Engage singer?

• Jesse Leach (Self-titled, Aliveor Just Breathing

Votes: 16 45.7%
  • Howard Jones (End of Heartache, As Daylight Dies

Votes: 19 54.3%

• Total voters

JCNY

Reaction score
Jesse :yesway: Better fitting voice, better songs.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ibzrg1570

Reaction score
When I saw them live, Adam actually said that When Darkness Falls was about Howard running the Boston Marathon and getting tripped by a crafty South African white man.

I'm going to have to say Jesse is waaay better on average. "End of Heartache" was great, but their new one is terrible. Howard Jones can still really belt it out.
:lol: Adam makes that shit up every show. In the live DVD someone quotes him saying that it's about Howard changing his pants.

I personally think they're both really good at their own styles. Howard just can't do Jesse's stuff as well as Jesse because Jesse has less "skill" and more raw emotion in his voice. Howard comes across as a more "trained" singer, which keeps him from sounding as passionate for the AOJB songs, although he's perfect for his own material.

IMO The End of Heartache is their best album. I pretty much like every song whereas on AOJB and As Daylight Dies there were a few songs here and there that I didn't like as much, though less so on AOJB. As Daylight Dies was just cranked out too quickly with little thought about how the songs would work together. They were more concerned with just having an album with all new material than they were with creating good songs, although I really like "My Curse" and "Eye of the Storm".

Kinda off-topic: "Eye of the Storm" is supposed to be about enduring a time of pain in a relationship. However, the eye of a storm is the center where it is most calm. So they picked the wrong motif to use.

distressed_romeo

F'king ............
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Howard. I only got into KSE after he joined the band. Jesse isn't bad, but there are a lot of singers that sound like him these days, whereas Howard is a little more distinctive (personal opinion).

swedenuck

Strictly Business
Reaction score
Your opinion about Jesse being not as distinctive I can agree with, but only because he set a bench mark for other vocalists at the time to hit. It's out of pure admiration and imitation that other vocalists sound Jesse-esque.

')