Killswitch Engage's new album "Disarm the Descent" due out April 2nd, single Feb 5th

• Thread starter HeHasTheJazzHands
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Fat-Elf

Banned
Reaction score
Actually it was Adam D who didn't like No End In Sight. Or to be specific, he didn't like that it leaked because it is not his favorite song off the album.

FRET12 Artist Connect with Adam D and Joel from Killswitch Engage - YouTube

Edit: Not hating Jesse but way to hype your album by saying that you regret putting a song on an album that isn't even in stores yet. :lol:

But on the other hand, I'm excited to hear that because No End In Sight was pretty weak, imo.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Just an FYI (don't know if someone already mentioned it previously in the thread, if they did my apologies! :wub:), if you pre-order the album on iTunes you get an advance copy of the single (In Due Time) to listen to now! :D Special Edition is only $11.99 on iTunes. :yesway: SO pumped for this album, why is it not April yet?! :scream:

skisgaar

Master-debatur
Reaction score
KILLSWTICH UK TOUR IN MAY!!!! SYLOSIS ANNOUNCED AS MAIN SUPPORT.
I. AM. EXCIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITE!!!!!!!!!!!

GatherTheArsenal

SF2 > Everything
Reaction score
Single is meh ok, the song writing is pretty much straight forward what i would expect from KSE so I'm not necessarily surprised or blown away by anything. Finding Jesse's clean vocals in the chorus to be really hard to stomach *ducks behind wall* i kinda cringed when the chorus played :ugh: But that might be because for the last 2 weeks I can't stop listening to Kataklysm's discography, Sylosis' new album, and old Megadeth. Biiiiit of a contrast :lol:

I guess Adam is the one playing the solo? Or Joel?

Reaction score
Single is meh ok, the song writing is pretty much straight forward what i would expect from KSE so I'm not necessarily surprised or blown away by anything. Finding Jesse's clean vocals in the chorus to be really hard to stomach *ducks behind wall* i kinda cringed when the chorus played :ugh: But that might be because for the last 2 weeks I can't stop listening to Kataklysm's discography, Sylosis' new album, and old Megadeth. Biiiiit of a contrast :lol:

I guess Adam is the one playing the solo? Or Joel?

Adam has played all the solos on KSE songs minus one or 2 lead parts for the Holy Diver Cover, There is Joel solo on the new album though

bifftannen

Reaction score
Super stoked about the new album and this might cause some sharp intakes of breath but I hope it has a bit more of a Times of Grace twinge to it.

So what does everyone think of In Due Time? Personally, I'm feeling the more upbeat style of Jesse, its a nice change over Howards a bit more depressing approach.

I wouldn't be surprised if Adam did the solo because he did something quite similar for Strength in Numbers.

chewpac

working up to 7...
Reaction score
Super stoked about the new album and this might cause some sharp intakes of breath but I hope it has a bit more of a Times of Grace twinge to it.

So what does everyone think of In Due Time? Personally, I'm feeling the more upbeat style of Jesse, its a nice change over Howards a bit more depressing approach.

I wouldn't be surprised if Adam did the solo because he did something quite similar for Strength in Numbers.

man, that times of grace record is still in constant rotation for me. fantastic album. if the new kse took some cues from that album, i'm all about it. i love the new single, and can't wait for the rest of the album.

HOKENSTYFE

HeartWyrm
Reaction score
Listening to the final (2) two Killswitch records with Howard and I think there are other issues going on. As DayLight Dies is one of my favorite records of all times. Vocally and musically, KsE had hit a peak on all fronts.

The 2nd release, of the two, which would of been the 3rd with Howard, self-titled Killswitch Engage lacks on all fronts. I find the music on the self-titled KsE to be some of the worse arranged and thought of music during the existence of KsE. Howard had to, not only write over it but, sing over it as well. He was doomed.

Hymn of A Broken Man was a better record then the 2nd self-titled KsE record. *On a side note- To have a second self-titled record seems, shit conceived, even if Howard didn't sound great*

I think Adam ran himself ragged. Touring, performing, injuries, side-projects, that second(?) Self-titled record. I believe he was doing too much. Add that with Howard and his problems, the weight was too much.

The first incarnation of KsE & Blood Has Been Shed was, ok. The leaving of Jesse, the bringing in of Jones & Foley, put KsE on a bigger map. During which time, Jesse got "Beast" with his vocals. Much better. I think he sounds like the Veer Union singer, Crispin, anyway. The new single sounds pretty damn good. This record will not sell better then, As Daylight Dies but, will sell better then the 2nd self-title.

Howard has yet to reveal any future plans, as I know but, you can't count out a talent like that. I for one would love to hear him with some ex-Chimaira guitarists or Tosin but, watevs...

The absolutely best thing I can agree with. It's a good day when KsE is dropping new material.

bifftannen

Reaction score
man, that times of grace record is still in constant rotation for me. fantastic album. if the new kse took some cues from that album, i'm all about it. i love the new single, and can't wait for the rest of the album.

Yeah its definitely one of the 10 albums I'd rescue in a flood. It absolutely blew me away. I'd like if they made a new album but we'll be a while waiting before we get one and thats if they decide to make another at all now the Jesse is back working with Adam in KSE.

bifftannen

Reaction score
Howard has yet to reveal any future plans, as I know but, you can't count out a talent like that. I for one would love to hear him with some ex-Chimaira guitarists or Tosin but, watevs...

Yeah I think and hope we'll be seeing Howard again in a few years once he sorts out whatever he's going through. Maybe he might have done guest vocals on one of the songs on the new album like Jesse did on End of Heartache...

Reaction score
I'm pumped for this album! One of my favorite bands, and I'm glad to hear some killer new stuff from them. :metal:

bifftannen

Reaction score
I hope Adam takes on more vocal duties on the new KSE record like he did on Hymn of a Broken Man. Adam has got a nice, distinctive "clean" sound and compliments Jesse's very well so I think the two lads doing the harmonies instead of Jesse doing all vocal tracks added a whole other layer to their songs and I think it really expands the soundscape of their songs (sorry if that sounds fruity). This is one of the main reasons why I love that album, the vocal harmonies from Adam and Jesse just make Times of Grace sound bigger if that makes sense.

Fat-Elf

Banned
Reaction score
I hope Adam takes on more vocal duties on the new KSE record like he did on Hymn of a Broken Man. Adam has got a nice, distinctive "clean" sound and compliments Jesse's very well so I think the two lads doing the harmonies instead of Jesse doing all vocal tracks added a whole other layer to their songs and I think it really expands the soundscape of their songs (sorry if that sounds fruity). This is one of the main reasons why I love that album, the vocal harmonies from Adam and Jesse just make Times of Grace sound bigger if that makes sense.

This. Love his singing and it always adds a little spice in the songs.

')