Killswitch Engage's new album "Disarm the Descent" due out April 2nd, single Feb 5th

• Thread starter HeHasTheJazzHands
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bifftannen

Reaction score
That's 2 for 2 great tracks from that album so far. In the new awakening the guitars are very quirky in the verses and loving the harmonies during the chorus. The solos are a nice change to their sound too. I have a feeling this will be my favourite KSE album since heartache, I'm just disgusted that I have to wait until Friday for it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Fat-Elf

Banned
Reaction score
Edit: Hah, so close! :lol:

Hmm, I guess I just listen to the first two songs and save the rest for later. :hbang:

Draceius

I hate everyone on this site
Reaction score
The owner of this track has not made this sound available for streaming in your location.

Screw you roadrunner, keeping me on edge for longer...

Fat-Elf

Banned
Reaction score
I listened the whole thing (bonus songs included) yesterday with my friend in one sitting which was fucking epic. Well, the album.. I can't really get my head around it that well after one listening but I can say that it's really fucking solid and will surely spend lots of time in my record player (aka Spotify..) this spring. :hbang:

Reaction score
I listened to the album today and all I can say is WOWWW am I ever glad Howard is gone and Jesse is back. I never liked or even half liked Howard's voice or anything about him really. My love for the band was pretty much down to a "meh" flicker until now. This album and every single solitary thing about it rules hard. I know there's a lot of howard supporters but I have been a fan since the very beginning and thus Jesse's voice is the voice I prefer. It also seems like for the past few albums, the band had fallen into a predictable songwriting phase whereas this album just bleeds motivation and passion for the music.

Well done fellas

ttiwguitar

Reaction score
Alive or Just Breathing was one of the first heavy records I owned. My best friend/drummer in my band gave it to me in 2003 when I was 15, and it's one of the few albums that still hits me as hard as it did back then. None of their other albums have the same feel to me. Their riffs have become more "playful" sounding to me, and the guitar work is more flashy. Which is cool, for sure. But AOJB was darker musically and more powerful lyrically than anything they've done since. The new record is really good, but I wouldn't compare it to AOJB in any way.

')