King Crimson

• Thread starter Decapitated666
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Decapitated666

Black Metal
Reaction score
So, I saw King Crimson live a few nights ago. I think I finally just finished processing the show. Hands down, the best show I've seen in my entire life. I honestly feel like just watching them play for 2 and a half hours changed my life. They covered stuff that ranged from the '69-'08. It was spectacular. Gavin Harrison is an absolute genius behind the kit. Collins had the meanest ....ing sax growls, Levin was Levin (you should all know that he's the ....ing man), Rieflin and Mastelotto just meshed so well with everything, Jakko's vocal performance was spine-tingling, and of course, our favorite, Fripp, was amazing. Tucked into the back corner with his headphones on and his whole rig system and melotron. Anyways, thought that I'd share the thought with you guys and see if anyone else saw them on this past tour. If so, let's talk about it, because this show was honestly life-changing given that Crimson is one of my favorite bands of all time.

Anyways, here's the set list:

1.) Larks' Tongues in Aspic, Part One
2.) Level Five
3.) A Scarcity of Miracles (Jakszyk, Fripp and Collins cover)
4.) Hell Bells
5.) Pictures of a City
6.) The Letters
7.) Sailor's Tale
8.) The ConstruKction of Light
9.) Red
10.) One More Red Nightmare
11.) VROOOM
12.) Coda: Marine 475
13.) The Talking Drum
14.) Larks' Tongues in Aspic, Part Two
15.) Starless

Encore:
16.) Hell-Hounds of Krim
17.) 21st Century Schizoid Man

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

tribalfusion

Reaction score
So, I saw King Crimson live a few nights ago. I think I finally just finished processing the show. Hands down, the best show I've seen in my entire life. I honestly feel like just watching them play for 2 and a half hours changed my life. They covered stuff that ranged from the '69-'08. It was spectacular. Gavin Harrison is an absolute genius behind the kit. Collins had the meanest ....ing sax growls, Levin was Levin (you should all know that he's the ....ing man), Rieflin and Mastelotto just meshed so well with everything, Jakko's vocal performance was spine-tingling, and of course, our favorite, Fripp, was amazing. Tucked into the back corner with his headphones on and his whole rig system and melotron. Anyways, thought that I'd share the thought with you guys and see if anyone else saw them on this past tour. If so, let's talk about it, because this show was honestly life-changing given that Crimson is one of my favorite bands of all time.

Anyways, here's the set list:

1.) Larks' Tongues in Aspic, Part One
2.) Level Five
3.) A Scarcity of Miracles (Jakszyk, Fripp and Collins cover)
4.) Hell Bells
5.) Pictures of a City
6.) The Letters
7.) Sailor's Tale
8.) The ConstruKction of Light
9.) Red
10.) One More Red Nightmare
11.) VROOOM
12.) Coda: Marine 475
13.) The Talking Drum
14.) Larks' Tongues in Aspic, Part Two
15.) Starless

Encore:
16.) Hell-Hounds of Krim
17.) 21st Century Schizoid Man

I saw this tour too and it was a fantastic show...for anyone even the least bit interested in this music, it's a show not to miss!

jonajon91

New Picture
Reaction score
God I love king crimson, just with the set had some Discipline album on it :(

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
You lucky, lucky people! I hope King Crimson come here in the new year. My favourite band ever and I need to see them live.

But yeah, Indiscipline or something like that would set it off!

Dyingsea

Reaction score
Any soundscaping going on from Fripp?

Decapitated666

Black Metal
Reaction score
Tons of soundscaping in between each song. So awesome. A lot of funny clips of past interviews and stuff too in between each song.

pushpull7

Banned
Reaction score
God I love king crimson, just with the set had some Discipline album on it :(

You lucky, lucky people! I hope King Crimson come here in the new year. My favourite band ever and I need to see them live.

But yeah, Indiscipline or something like that would set it off!

Might have something to do with Belew not being there any more.

TBF_Seb

Reaction score
I hope they're gonna come to Europe. Probably the only band where ticket prices hardly matter to me, just for the sake of experiencing a King Crimson concert.

Decapitated666

Black Metal
Reaction score
Yeah... I dropped a fair amount of cash for my seat. I was really close up though. It was totally worth it.

SilentSeraph

Reaction score
The closest I've ever come (and probably ever will come) was seeing the Norwegian Shining perform this at Bloodstock:

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I saw them back in 2001 with John Paul Jones opening, fantastic show. I'm hoping there's a date somewhere close announced later in this tour as I would love to see them again.

TBF_Seb

Reaction score
Imagine hearing Frame by Frame or Matte Kudasai live...

I saw The Crimson ProjeKct half a year ago, half of the band is Adrian Belew, Tony Levin and Pat Mastelotto - probably as close as it gets for a 80s + Thrak KC live band.
It was awesome and sure enough they played the songs you mentioned :)
Matte Kudasai was just Adrian and Tony - very touching.

pushpull7

Banned
Reaction score
Very true, but Discipline is one of the greatest albums ever and has a couple of great instrumentals that could work.

Those are my three favorites (though I like almost all KC)

Discipline
Beat
Three of a Perfect Pair

TheStig1214

Mr. Tophat Jones
Reaction score
Just got back from the final NYC show. That was sweet. Glad to have seen them in my lifetime.

Latest posts

')