Klein building guitars again

• Thread starter narad
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

J-Twin

Extended-Range Dreamer
Reaction score
You need it.

While I think they were the ugliest of the headless stuff to come from the first wave, they were also probably the best thought out, playing and sounding. Those Factor basses are boss...if you can get past the look.

Wasn't familiar with the Kubicki Factor, but Google tells me I actually don't mind the looks.

I had the privilege of playing my former teacher's rosewood-necked Lorenzo Klein and it was a dream.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

I play music

Reaction score
Wasn't familiar with the Kubicki Factor, but Google tells me I actually don't mind the looks.

I had the privilege of playing my former teacher's rosewood-necked Lorenzo Klein and it was a dream.
I dig how the Kubicki Factor looks.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
The new one you posted, headstock-tele bridge.

I think I read that like someone posted a replica Klein made by Canton on the previous page. I don't know, if it's made by Klein, it's Klein to me! And I think the headstock is killer, just want it on a different body shape (like the traditional headless sort of thing).

BigViolin

...---...
Reaction score
I dig the headstock too, just not on that body.

Canton has been building a Klein model for years and his original designs are definitely informed by the path that Steve started down. His Tim Miller model is ridiculously cool, similar to a Klein but more refined. Too bad the website is down right now.

Happy to see Steve getting guitars out there. I think a pic of the Stele went around a few years ago and I had kind of forgot about it as there wasn't any news after. He's built all kinds of great stuff but the headless ergo Kleins are it for me. These along with Holdsworth's Delaps were the first designs that made me rethink the whole Les Paul/Strat dogma and see the instrument as a stripped down and sometimes more ergo tool.

Last edited:

narad

Reaction score
Yea, I'm a big fan of that stuff. I'm simultaneously trying to get down to like a core set of guitars (<10) and wanting to buy stuff from every guy experimenting with weird shapes :D

btw, do you have a Parker archtop (your avatar)?

BigViolin

...---...
Reaction score
Nope, my avatar pic is just a pipedream. :lol:

Not sure how much money I'd have to put away to feel ok having a $30-40,000 guitar. Let alone the time and talent to justify it. I spent a good deal of time reading and obsessing on those and think Ken is a genius builder. Funny, for the longest time I didn't even know of Parker's history beyond the production electrics. When I saw the archtops my mind was blown. Never played one but got to see one in person at a show and they truly are next level stuff.

...and the second sentence of your post is me to a "T" right now. :cheers:

narad

Reaction score
Not sure how much money I'd have to put away to feel ok having a $30-40,000 guitar. Let alone the time and talent to justify it.

Ha, yea, I went halfway there and it's just been this huge burden I've placed on myself. Not that I'm against maybe having that much money in a guitar (if you really think it's the greatest) but having that much money in a *fragile* item has been a total nightmare! Just going about my day in Tokyo, stressin' out about whether a guitar on the other side of the planet has the appropriate humidity level :(

BigViolin

...---...
Reaction score
Good thing we didn't choose the violin or cello.

Hope you find the balance. It's something I struggle with as well (as I wait for a 2228 from GC used).
:scratch:

')