Knightro Guitars 2016

• Thread starter KnightroExpress
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

KnightroExpress

Guitar Nerd
Vendor
Reaction score
You're pretty well spot-on for the padauk build, it's going to have the other half of the limba guitar's wenge top and a QS wenge fretboard.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

KnightroExpress

Guitar Nerd
Vendor
Reaction score
A quick shot of mineral spirits as I step through the grits. I can't wait to get some oil on this guitar!

KnightroExpress

Guitar Nerd
Vendor
Reaction score
New wood day! I got a great deal on this huge maple board and purpleheart body blank. Both of these will be used in my headless 8 series.

KnightroExpress

Guitar Nerd
Vendor
Reaction score
Sanding continues on the limba/wenge guitar, but that's no fun to take pics of. In the meantime, check this out:

Figured maple body, Yucatan rosewood neck

KnightroExpress

Guitar Nerd
Vendor
Reaction score
Phew! After a few long, dusty nights, I'm finally done sanding! We're up to P600 here, which is where I like to be before applying oil.

I'm hoping to get the oil process started this weekend, stay tuned for some cool finish pics!

KnightroExpress

Guitar Nerd
Vendor
Reaction score
Check out this magnificent billet of Pale Moon I just grabbed. The splattery effect was way too interesting to pass up! It's thick enough for two separate fretboards, easily wide enough for a 7. This will make a beautiful pair of boards, for sure.

KnightroExpress

Guitar Nerd
Vendor
Reaction score
Yes! It's part of the wood, goes all the way through. I've never seen anything quite like it.

KnightroExpress

Guitar Nerd
Vendor
Reaction score
The limba/wenge guitar is done and in the happy hands of its new owner!

The owner is going to work on a video and sound clips soon, though I can assure you that this is one mean-sounding guitar. As always, I'll post it as soon as I have it!

Thanks for taking a look!

Simic

Reaction score
Really nice wood combination and craftsmanship! HNGD to the new owner :D

KnightroExpress

Guitar Nerd
Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks everyone!

Ikarus: the owner had a standard SD Pegasus/Sentient set for this build, so that's what went in. I'm certainly not opposed to using angled pickups!

pondman

Build Whore.
Contributor
Reaction score
Fast forward through a bunch of sanding and carve refinement, and we're current! Frets will go in early next week, then I can start to wrap this one up.

Absolutely stunning build. The balance, flow and style + wood combo is absolutely amazing.

')