Knightro Guitars 2016

• Thread starter KnightroExpress
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

KnightroExpress

Guitar Nerd
Vendor
Reaction score
Shop access has been a bit limited as of the last couple weeks, so I'm having a bit of fun and teaching myself some basic 3D modeling. I'll be back up and running soon!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

KnightroExpress

Guitar Nerd
Vendor
Reaction score
Getting some bits together for my next shop session. This will be the fretboard for the headless 8- lightly curly maple with abalone dots.

MoonJelly

a subtle stinging sensation..
Reaction score
Knightro, how come no logo/label on your guitars? These things are slicker than snot on a doorknob, they deserve to be labeled!

MoonJelly

a subtle stinging sensation..
Reaction score
Check out this magnificent billet of Pale Moon I just grabbed. The splattery effect was way too interesting to pass up! It's thick enough for two separate fretboards, easily wide enough for a 7. This will make a beautiful pair of boards, for sure.

I vote you bookmatch them and make a doubleneck :shred: :hbang:

KnightroExpress

Guitar Nerd
Vendor
Reaction score
Hey, thank you so much! I actually have some laser-cut stainless logos that are meant to accent the 'hook' of my headstock... unfortunately, it turns out that they become razor sharp after the polishing process, so they're back on the drawing board. The upcoming 8 will have my full logo and serial engraved on the cavity plate, which may or may not be a permanent solution, we'll see.

As for that delicious PME board, I've already got a plan for half of it. The other half needs a loving home to call its own :cool:

XxJoshxX

Djentleman
Reaction score
Knightro, judging by those outdoor pics, I think we live dangerously close to each other. 15 minutes max, haha.
Edit: looked up your shop and we are 1.9 miles away. Maybe one day I'll have to stop on in and check out some of your work.

Grif

H O W D Y
Reaction score
...laser-cut stainless logos that are meant to accent the 'hook' of my headstock... unfortunately, it turns out that they become razor sharp after the polishing process, so they're back on the drawing board...

Maybe try inlaying the SS logo? Leaving a mm or so of wood to "guard" the edge at the end of the headstock; it would leave it both safe and sleek (IMO)

KnightroExpress

Guitar Nerd
Vendor
Reaction score
Yep, that's pretty much the plan. I'm going to test the new version soon, just need to have a few samples cut.

KnightroExpress

Guitar Nerd
Vendor
Reaction score
My god, I just realized that I haven't posted any seven strings...on SSO, of all places.

Here's a set of renders for an upcoming 7 build. We're playing around with colors at the moment, current front-runner is pearl white with black binding.

KnightroExpress

Guitar Nerd
Vendor
Reaction score
Indeed! I always liked the DC Juniors, they're great little no-frills rock machines. This model is my tribute to that classic vibe.

KnightroExpress

Guitar Nerd
Vendor
Reaction score
Quick update: I've just received the custom truss rod for the headless 8! Carbon rods will go in soon.

KnightroExpress

Guitar Nerd
Vendor
Reaction score
A bit more iteration on the white 7 concept. We're pretty excited to get this one rolling soon. The extra knobs are used to control a Cycfi resonant filter circuit.

KnightroExpress

Guitar Nerd
Vendor
Reaction score
Good news! The white 7 is a go, I'm just waiting on materials to come in so I can get started next week.

In the meantime, here's my latest full render. I wanted to do a fusion of classic and modern, so this is a semi-hollow version of my Voyager. It's 24.5" scale, traditional mahogany/maple set neck design, and features binding, PAF clones, nickel hardware....the full retro-inspired package.

')