Knightro Guitars 2016

• Thread starter KnightroExpress
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

KnightroExpress

Guitar Nerd
Vendor
Reaction score
Ah, I love that new project smell. Templates arrived today and I selected a nice chunk of mahogany for the white 7.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Grif

H O W D Y
Reaction score
What ever happened to the "Nova" model you had in the works?

KnightroExpress

Guitar Nerd
Vendor
Reaction score
Oh! The Tele/JR hybrid guy? It's chilling in my closet. I really should get that going again...

Grif

H O W D Y
Reaction score
Nice lol, yeah I thought it was a pretty awesome look, singlecuts normally aren't my thing but I really enjoyed that one

KnightroExpress

Guitar Nerd
Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks, man! It'll be pretty interesting when it's done. 26" scale with a Broadcaster clone in the bridge and hot mini humbucker in the neck should make a cool combo. I think I'll pick that one back up after the new 7. Or maybe during any delivery wait times...

KnightroExpress

Guitar Nerd
Vendor
Reaction score
The white 7 string has begun! I'm going to feel bad about painting over this delicious mahogany...

KnightroExpress

Guitar Nerd
Vendor
Reaction score
Hmm... I may end up trying to find more boring looking slab of mahogany and redoing the body :lol:

KnightroExpress

Guitar Nerd
Vendor
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I know it's been a while since I've been really active on the forums, but I've got good news! I'm transitioning into a much better work space and massively upgrading my arsenal of tools. Within the next few weeks, I'll be back in the shop and working on some killer new projects!

NovaLion

Novum Ingenium
Reaction score
Nice to see Army doing so well. Did you save up while you were in and buy all your tools/etc. outright?

KnightroExpress

Guitar Nerd
Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks guys!

NovaLion- yeah, mainly savings from before and during service. I've been doing this for a long time as a side thing... it's finally time to make the leap!

KnightroExpress

Guitar Nerd
Vendor
Reaction score
Quick update: We have lights, power, paint, a bunch of tools in boxes... mostly just a big mess, if I'm honest. Things are going well over here, my goal is to start setting up tools on Friday.

Grif

H O W D Y
Reaction score
Congratulations on the new shop! Glad to see things coming together for you

Axayacatl

Reaction score
your workbench is the dust collector

if you build a guitar, you can't access the dust collector

if you unpack the dust collector, you can't build a guitar

so I subscribed to see how you navigate your way out of this difficult situation

and somebody show me a picture of Jeff Kiesel driving a fork lift

:lol: Just being a complete ass, the shop looks awesome, and the pictures of both the renders and the completed guitars are super tasteful and look to be very nicely done.

It is exciting to watch this all get put together, thanks for sharing and good luck!!!

KnightroExpress

Guitar Nerd
Vendor
Reaction score
Hahaha thanks bud!

It's true, organization has been a bit goofy with everything in boxes. The workbench arrived yesterday and I got it set up today, which has made life much easier! I've been taking short videos at each stage, but they're a bit silly so I wasn't sure if anyone would actually want to watch them lol

')