Knightro Guitars 2016

• Thread starter KnightroExpress
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Iamatlas

Atlas
Reaction score
IMG_20160914_163134_zpsqwmrop3w.jpg
[/URL]

Multiscale + how many strings!?!?!
Jeeeesus I want this.........

KnightroExpress

Guitar Nerd
Vendor
Reaction score
Haha this is just a regular six string, nothing crazy. The perspective on this pic just got all wonky. Well, that and the board hasn't been trimmed to shape at all.

However! If you want a multiscale ERG version of this guitar, I'd be more than happy to work something out with you :metal:

KnightroExpress

Guitar Nerd
Vendor
Reaction score
I got a box! Mojotone Hot Classics with A4 mags and chrome covers. Their packaging is some of the most entertaining I've gotten.

I also trimmed up a wenge heel lam that was cut from the same board as the fretboard, it'll be a nice little detail in the heel carve.

KnightroExpress

Guitar Nerd
Vendor
Reaction score
Small update today: Truss rod has been installed and fretboard is currently adhered and curing.

More interestingly (from a photographic standpoint, at least), I cut a binding channel for the face of the V.

I also spent some time organizing my wood pile and loaded up a rack.

Also, did a bit of resaw work on some figured tigerwood and my favorite piece of pale moon ebony.

Thanks for looking!

Knarbens

Montag Custom Guitars
Reaction score
Really nice! I guess I should do the same as you: bigger workshop, more tools, and spaaace ... I'm so running out of room atm ^^

KnightroExpress

Guitar Nerd
Vendor
Reaction score
Hey, I've got space for another bench or two. If you're ever in the States, you're more than welcome to hang out!

KnightroExpress

Guitar Nerd
Vendor
Reaction score
Fun stuff: a bit of binding for this guitar. The top is going to be painted, sides left natural.

Also, I started a maple-bodied 7 string.

KnightroExpress

Guitar Nerd
Vendor
Reaction score
Today, I drilled many holes. I even counterbored a few of them.

I also made a fun little video of the process :D

KnightroExpress

Guitar Nerd
Vendor
Reaction score
Started the arm contour on the maple Voyager 7. Since it's such a plain piece of maple, I think I'm going to paint it... what color would you guys like to see? I've got a vision of a nice dark candy purple (think 70's Challenger).

I also jointed some ridiculously light swamp ash for a chambered 6 string, it'll get a walnut top.

Thanks for taking a look!

KnightroExpress

Guitar Nerd
Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks man!

Today I scraped some binding, digging the result.

Also, I got a box! I'm going full retro-fantastic on this build.

Finally, I prepped a few blanks and tops. Here's the ash from last night, plus its future walnut top.

KnightroExpress

Guitar Nerd
Vendor
Reaction score
Challenger purple is yes.
Aw yeah, it's gonna happen :metal:

Here's a quick update:

Rough carve on the Pulsar neck

Slotting some rosewood for the ash/walnut 6

A bit of refinement/additional carving on the future purple 7

I've got a pair of badass deliveries coming in tomorrow, I can't wait to show you guys. Thanks for checking me out and stay tuned!

KnightroExpress

Guitar Nerd
Vendor
Reaction score
OK, so here's what happened today.

A bunch of work on the ash/walnut 6: body cut, chambers routed, top glued, binding applied.

I mentioned some packages in my last post.... we have here: the world's only (as far as I know, anyway) nickel-plated Hipshot multiscale 8 string bridge, plus a set of Bare Knuckle Nailbombs with ceramic bridge mag and angled base plates. Seriously, check out these magnificent bastards:

Last edited:

jwade

Doooooooooom
Reaction score
whoa damn. I thought they only did those in black! very nice.

Also that center weight reduction cavity looks absurdly beautiful with the grain lines disappearing like that.

KnightroExpress

Guitar Nerd
Vendor
Reaction score
Yeah dude, special order! I wanted something out of the ordinary...plus, it'll wear a lot as it's played, which will be a really cool aesthetic for a gnarly multi 8 (in my mind)

And thanks for the cavity mention! I love little details like that, even if you'll never see them. I figure that you deserve to have a guitar that's pretty inside and out :D

KnightroExpress

Guitar Nerd
Vendor
Reaction score
Today's update: picked out the body, top, and neck for the multiscale 8. It'll be a mahogany core, wenge top, and quartered wenge neck..

Back to work on the chambered ash/walnut guitar: I cut the neck to its proper shape, installed the truss rod and T-nuts, and glued the fretboard.

Finally, added the last couple bits of binding on the body.

This one is only 3.4lb at the moment, it'll likely be under 3lb once I rout the pickup and control cavities.

Thanks for taking a look!

')