Konnichiwa!

• Thread starter Rikimaru
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rikimaru

Reaction score
Well, first off a confession:

i DON'T own a 7 string... hang on, hold your horses...yet.

I'm here primarily coz i am buying one shortly and need some advice on what to get. I usually kick about on jemsite but figured where better to come for advice on 7's. Already seen some familiar names/faces. All gets very confusing in cyberspace.

Anyways, been playing 6's for about 15 years (with a 6 year break in the middle) but have been getting a very severe itch for a 7 recently.

I have a JEM, a JS (don't play it much) and an RGT220H.

Looking forward to picking your brains.

Wayne.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Well, pick up a 7 string already!! lol, welcome to the forum! \m/

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
since you live in Japan, check out the Japan-only RG7 models. they're pretty hot! there's a website for them, ikke ibashi or something to that effect :)

oh, and welcome! :wavey:

Rikimaru

Reaction score
Leon said:
since you live in Japan, check out the Japan-only RG7 models. they're pretty hot! there's a website for them, ikke ibashi or something to that effect

Cheers guys.

You mean ikebe-gakki. They are some nice guitars, but boy are they pricey. Wouldn't mind one though.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
As far as the japan only ones... RG7EX.. \m/

My choice would be, if you dont know if you want a 7 for sure, a RG7321. Or a used RG76/420

kovachian

not banned at all
Reaction score
Velcolm, too dee site <evil laugh>

And of course, I would recommend a Carvin.:yesway:

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
Ah, another person in Tokyo (I live in Itabashi-ku, work in Shinjuku as a translator). But you don't have a seven, so I'm still the undisputed heaviest rocker in Japan.

Welcome to the forum.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Tokyo is awesome even though I haven't been there since 1989 I imagine it has changed a little, I miss Japan. :agreed:

Welcome, Rikimaru :wavey:

Are you Japanese? I am half Japanese. :D

Rikimaru

Reaction score
Shawn said:
Tokyo is awesome even though I haven't been there since 1989 I imagine it has changed a little, I miss Japan. :agreed:

Welcome, Rikimaru :wavey:

Are you Japanese? I am half Japanese. :D

Not japanese. Are you Flobanez from Jemsite by any chance? if so i believe we have briefly discussed this. I live in Machida, which i think is a pretty cool place. Aint Shinjuku but it does OK.

Naren said:
Ah, another person in Tokyo (I live in Itabashi-ku, work in Shinjuku as a translator). But you don't have a seven, so I'm still the undisputed heaviest rocker in Japan.

Close to all of those cool guitar stores ya lucky bugger. Shinjuku is definitely one of my favourite places in Tokyo, sadly i'm stuck all the way out here in western Tokyo. Still, just 30 minutes via the Odakyu line.

But i warn you, i can rock pretty good on a 6. The 7 is still a cooupla months away so You can keep your crown.

For now.:evil:

')