Korean War Ended?!

• Thread starter bostjan
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Cabinet

:O
Reaction score
I'm fairly sure China was involved, probably encouraging both North AND South Korea to at least try to reconcile. I'm even more sure, though, that sanctions on aluminum and steel imposed by the US were not the reason China was involved. :lol:

EDIT:

https://gizmodo.com/north-korea-s-nuclear-test-site-has-caved-in-geologist-1825576845
It hasn't been proven that the site collapsed, but Chinese geologists believe it has, and with the site 60 miles from the Chinese border China obviously isn;t too happy about this. There were a few more "credible" sources, BBC amongst them, but the Gizmodo story actually had a fair amount more analysis which I thought was interesting.
China's involvement in North Korea makes perfect sense and I'd argue that China has a stronger influence than the US does (in this scenario). We must also consider the consequences of NK failing. The refugees will flee the country into China and China will be forced to react. For a country that operates so secluded, it's a delicate situation.
Then we have to consider the ethnic geographic complexities of where this territory belongs, as SK and Japan have a mixed relationship, and China seeks to expand more into the South China Sea. China has a geographic, economic and demographic superiority which the US has only military force.
NK only became a serious situation once they went nuclear and now they are forcing international involvement.

Latest posts