Korg Announces Pandora Stomp Multi-Effect/Tuner Pedal

Daf57

5 7s in 4ths
Reaction score
Korg Announces Pandora Stomp Multi-Effect/Tuner Pedal

Korg Announces Pandora Stomp Multi-Effect/Tuner Pedal | Guitar World

Featuring a die-cast body the size of a compact effect unit, Pandora Stomp is actually a multi-effect unit that contains 158 types of modeling effects (seven simultaneous). Two hundred preset programs include many well-known, signature sounds, as well as 100 rhythm patterns that cover a diverse range of styles.

There's also an auto tuner with a large, bright, easy-to-read LED meter.
I don't know if I have ever tried or heard much about KORG effects. Usually any good? :scratch:

Screen%20Shot%202013-09-05%20at%2012.59.07%20PM.png

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

yingmin

Parker über alles
Reaction score
I had one of the original Pandoras early on, when I had just started playing. I thought they were okay at the time, but probably wouldn't think much of them now. I think the form factor for these pedals is terrible, as it just looks like a tuner pedal with effects hastily slapped in.

BeyondDan

Beyond Fiction
Reaction score
Interesting idea to put the tuner right on top, always visible!! if it works as good as the pitch black that could be a cool idea to save space on a pedalboard!!

Sephael

Divine Paradøx
Contributor
Reaction score
I might have to check them out, especially if they have expression input for a wah.

Reaction score
Sorry for the necro, just wondering if any of you could help me with this question... I'm new to forums which is kind of sad. If I've done bad and horrible things by bringing this up, let me know!

Anyone have experience using the Pandora Stomp as simply a reverb and/or delay pedal?

Hoping I could use this for such a purpose. I want to keep my guitar tone that I get naturally from my rig. I'm worried the Pandora will only allow me to change their presets which model different cabs, amps, etc... Basically, I'd love it if it were possible to simply engage the pedal for a reverb or delay effect without changing the tone I'm already getting from my rig--I just want the effect if that makes sense, I've got the tone I want from my amp!

Don't really care for any of the distortions and whatnot that come with it. Love the tuner though, and if I could simply run this as a reverb and delay pedal (using the ABCD buttons) without changing my tone, I'd love it.

I can't seem to find the answer to this anywhere even after watching many video reviews and reading the manual. Well, at least I don't understand any of it stating the Pandora is capable of what I'm asking.

Thanks for any help! Love this forum.

Reaction score
Well, necro time again, but don't worry 'cause this will be my last post in this thread for anyone else wondering what I was.

You can use just the modulation effects if you want to. One came in the shop and I was testing it out for a few days. Unfortunately for me, the pedal noise was too much. I'm not talking about using any of the dist/gain FX, but even when all FX are bypassed there's quite a bit of hiss, especially at higher volumes.

Noise is still there if you turn down the pedal's output, but wherever else you decide to bring the volume up (e.g., the amp), the hiss comes with it. Tried it with a noise gate and using the Pandora's onboard gate, but the hiss is something that doesn't seem to go away. Could have been just my unit, but I've since read others reporting the same issue, saying they don't like it for live playing.

At quieter volumes it's great, and the hiss might be okay with some people, but it was too much for me. The hiss would become less noticeable when playing loud heavy riffs, but it was always there. Playing soft cleans didn't sound too good as the hiss was way too much--again, moderate to high (playing with drums) volume.

Grabbed a Zoom MS-70CDR and couldn't be happier. Does everything I wanted and more. Tuner works great, same with tap tempo, and I find it easier to navigate and set up my own FX when compared to the Pandora. Zoom runs quietly when bypassed and with the FX engaged. Believe the FX sound quality is higher than the Pandora as well according to the manual--and my ears.

Anyway, big fan of the Zoom. Really gets a good sound and even better sounds if you take the time to sculpt the FX to your playing styles.

Latest posts

')